GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Greymatter's ue Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greymatter's ue Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Greymatter's ue Diary

Thanks Niddy
    GM

Comment

Barclayloan
      Type of account (Loan)
      Date commenced (Approx 2000)
      Approx Balance (£4500)
      Last made a FULL payment (June 2003)
      Paying by arrangement with DCA(CDCS)
      Default Notice issued by Barclay(Feb 2004)
      Account original passed to CDCS
      No statement or balance issued since 2005
      Key:Green=My response
      Red=OC/DCA response
      Black=My comments/dates
      08/08/2012: CCA request sent this morning by special delivery
      31/08/2012: The 12+2 days are up.
      12/11/2012: Letter from Barclays informing me that they are transferring the debt collection responsibility to BCW Group
      12/11/2012: In2Deep:I would wait until you here from BCW then hit them with the Account in Dispute letter..........
      15/11/2012:Letter received today fro BCW plus 2nd phone call.Letter sent SWID
      25/11/12: Letter received , account on hold whilst being investigated.
      14/12/12: Letter received BCW want more time(4weeks) to investigate
      15/01/2013 Letter informing me that BCW have closed the matter on their system and no further contact will be made by their office.
      7/05/2013 Letter from Barclays now getting Moorcroft to manage account.
      Should I wait for usual spate of phone calls and letters before sending SWID response??
      8/05/2013: ScabHunter:That's it, GM. All routine and expected. This rabble are a known quantity who are featured extensively on these threads, so there shouldn't be any nasty surprises.
      Good luck with it.
      8/5/2013:
      SWID rec del sent.
      11/05/2012
      Hi Niddy,I have received a reply from Moorcroft in response to my SWID letter,they are asking me to pay £1 for the a copy of my CCA.Are they bloody stupid as this was requested back in August 2012,originally with CDCS who simply put it to Barclay who in turn sent account to BCW for collection.I sent a SWID to BCW ,they contacted Barclays and BCW did not get a response from Barclays so they returned the account to them,closing it with me.Now Barclays have involved Moorcroft and they are asking for a £1 fee.Bo***Ks
      I have the receipt of the original £1 PO and recorded delivery
      What response (if any)should I send.
      11/05/2013:SH:
      If it is a response to the SWID letter it is a bloody rapid one. Three days? It is more than likely that the letters crossed in the post.
      This is a standard Moroncrap tactic which I've seen many times before.
      “Dear Sirs,
      I am in receipt of your letter of xxth May 2013, but I am unable to understand its contents. You reference the possibility of submitting a request for information pursuant to Section 77 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, when you must be aware from previous communications that such a request would be entirely superfluous.
      A request of this type was forwarded to Barclays on 8th August 2012, and this remains in default. While the default endures, enforcement is prohibited. Please refer to my previous letter of 8th May 2013.
      Yours Faithfully,”
      13/05/2013:Recorded delivery sent.
      14/05/2013:Signed receipt
      16/05/2013:Letter from M/Crft suspending follow-up action.Awaiting response from Barclays.
      13/06/2013
      Hi Scabhunter I have received a reply from Moorcroft( I have been away for a week)informing me that BC reckon they did not receive my CCA request or £1. As this was requested by recorded delivery and signed for and a receipt for the £1 PO with the correct post code for CDCS on the 9/08/2012 should I send a copy of the original request plus photo copies of the signed for letter and £1 po receipt.Or is their a more preferred reply to this please?
      14/06/2013:Niddy:Yea send a copy off - leave them in default, best way!

UPDATE:18/06/2013
      Hi SH
      Getting about two to three calls a day(Recorded but not answered)bit of a pain.They have received my letter(signed for),should I give them a few more days for it to reach the right twat and then if necessary send a Tel harass letter?
      Thanks
      GM

Comment

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
        Barclayloan
        Type of account (Loan)
        Date commenced (Approx 2000)
        Approx Balance (£4500)
        Last made a FULL payment (June 2003)
        Paying by arrangement with DCA(CDCS)
        Default Notice issued by Barclay(Feb 2004)
        Account original passed to CDCS
        No statement or balance issued since 2005
        Key:Green=My response
        Red=OC/DCA response
        Black=My comments/dates
        08/08/2012: CCA request sent this morning by special delivery
        31/08/2012: The 12+2 days are up.
        12/11/2012: Letter from Barclays informing me that they are transferring the debt collection responsibility to BCW Group
        12/11/2012: In2Deep:I would wait until you here from BCW then hit them with the Account in Dispute letter..........
        15/11/2012:Letter received today fro BCW plus 2nd phone call.Letter sent SWID
        25/11/12: Letter received , account on hold whilst being investigated.
        14/12/12: Letter received BCW want more time(4weeks) to investigate
        15/01/2013 Letter informing me that BCW have closed the matter on their system and no further contact will be made by their office.
        7/05/2013 Letter from Barclays now getting Moorcroft to manage account.
        Should I wait for usual spate of phone calls and letters before sending SWID response??
        8/05/2013: ScabHunter:That's it, GM. All routine and expected. This rabble are a known quantity who are featured extensively on these threads, so there shouldn't be any nasty surprises.
        Good luck with it.
        8/5/2013:
        SWID rec del sent.
        11/05/2012
        Hi Niddy,I have received a reply from Moorcroft in response to my SWID letter,they are asking me to pay £1 for the a copy of my CCA.Are they bloody stupid as this was requested back in August 2012,originally with CDCS who simply put it to Barclay who in turn sent account to BCW for collection.I sent a SWID to BCW ,they contacted Barclays and BCW did not get a response from Barclays so they returned the account to them,closing it with me.Now Barclays have involved Moorcroft and they are asking for a £1 fee.Bo***Ks
        I have the receipt of the original £1 PO and recorded delivery
        What response (if any)should I send.
        11/05/2013:SH:
        If it is a response to the SWID letter it is a bloody rapid one. Three days? It is more than likely that the letters crossed in the post.
        This is a standard Moroncrap tactic which I've seen many times before.
        “Dear Sirs,
        I am in receipt of your letter of xxth May 2013, but I am unable to understand its contents. You reference the possibility of submitting a request for information pursuant to Section 77 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, when you must be aware from previous communications that such a request would be entirely superfluous.
        A request of this type was forwarded to Barclays on 8th August 2012, and this remains in default. While the default endures, enforcement is prohibited. Please refer to my previous letter of 8th May 2013.
        Yours Faithfully,”
        13/05/2013:Recorded delivery sent.
        14/05/2013:Signed receipt
        16/05/2013:Letter from M/Crft suspending follow-up action.Awaiting response from Barclays.
        13/06/2013
        Hi Scabhunter I have received a reply from Moorcroft( I have been away for a week)informing me that BC reckon they did not receive my CCA request or £1. As this was requested by recorded delivery and signed for and a receipt for the £1 PO with the correct post code for CDCS on the 9/08/2012 should I send a copy of the original request plus photo copies of the signed for letter and £1 po receipt.Or is their a more preferred reply to this please?
        14/06/2013:Niddy:Yea send a copy off - leave them in default, best way!

UPDATE:18/06/2013
        Hi SH
        Getting about two to three calls a day(Recorded but not answered)bit of a pain.They have received my letter(signed for),should I give them a few more days for it to reach the right twat and then if necessary send a Tel harass letter?
        Thanks
        GM
        You could do that. Make sure that the calls are logged in case this builds up into a case of harassment.

SH

Comment

Thanks SH
          Yes ,all calls have been logged.If I get a few more tomorrow I will send it.
          GM

Comment

Thanks SH
            Yes ,all calls have been logged.If I get a few more tomorrow I will send it.
            GM
            Hi,
            I am pretty sure I read that Paul said the calls have to be answered before they can be used as harassment. Of course I may be wrong I usually am

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
              Hi,
              I am pretty sure I read that Paul said the calls have to be answered before they can be used as harassment. Of course I may be wrong I usually am
              You are indeed right, H. But, there are more ways than one of using data to build up a case against someone. It doesn't necessarily have to be aimed at court. It could be aimed at a FOS complaint, or just as extra ammunition for letters fending off legal action. I still think it is best to have a record.

SH

Comment

Hi SH and H
                The calls are actually recorded on my telephone (its a BT block calls type) the message they leave is after they receive the request to hang up or leave a message.So surely in effect the calls are 'answered' .
                GM

Comment

Hi SH and H
                  The calls are actually recorded on my telephone (its a BT block calls type) the message they leave is after they receive the request to hang up or leave a message.So surely in effect the calls are 'answered' .
                  GM
                  If you were bringing an harassment case in court, that would not be enough. The court would expect you to answer it yourself, or return the messages. They wouldn't deem it as harassment if they had to keep trying because they never got through.

SH

Comment

SH
                    So really what is the best action to take as answering would be a no no .Our template requests that they stop but if the courts would consider that recorded messages are not harassment then this not going to have the desired effect surely?
                    GM

Comment

SH
                      So really what is the best action to take as answering would be a no no .Our template requests that they stop but if the courts would consider that recorded messages are not harassment then this not going to have the desired effect surely?
                      GM
                      It depends what you are trying to achieve. If you were trying to build up evidence to take a creditor to court for harassment, you would need to answer the phones. That is not usually our objective, though. Our objective is to get the creditor to abandon the nuisance calls, or at least to have evidence to show a court when we are defending that the nuisance didn't stop.

The letters often have brought a response from creditors that they will stop, although it is usually tempered with some rubbish about starting again if there is a "need" to.

SH

Comment

Understood SH

Thanks
                        GM
                        Last edited by greymatter; 18 June 2013, 21:04. Reason: amended

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                          The court would expect you to answer it yourself, or return the messages.
                          They wouldn't deem it as harassment if they had to keep trying because they never got through.
                          SH
                          Scab raises two good points here. As much of a nuisance it is to us, the fact you (we) generally don't answer when these maggots call could be understood that we are not being hassled at all.
                          My suggestion is to install a call dropper on your phone if possible and stop them even ringing in the first place.
                          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Missy
                            What they have been doing is calling using 'unavailable' as the caller.These calls are not stoppable(Thats my understanding)so I need to read up about your suggestion 'call dropper'that could be the answer.
                            GM

Comment

If that dont work could I suggest one of these?

Comment

More like it

Comment

Working...
                                X