GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Greymatter's ue Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greymatter's ue Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Greymatter's ue Diary

Hi Niddy
    I just noticed that the tab :"The following users say thank you Greymatter for this useful post" is missing under my post insertions,or am I missing something here?
    Thanks Niddy
    GM

Comment

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
      Hi Niddy
      I just noticed that the tab :"The following users say thank you Greymatter for this useful post" is missing under my post insertions,or am I missing something here?
      Thanks Niddy
      GM
      That's because nobody has thanked it....

Is it there now...?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ooh that makes me look a right twit,but there is nowt there only a triangle black with a white exclamation mark.
        Thanks Deepie
        GM

Comment

Ooh that makes me look a right twit,but there is nowt there only a triangle black with a white exclamation mark.
          Thanks Deepie
          GM
          What do you see on post 751 ?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yep your right
            Its OK
            Pillock me was looking for the thank you symbol on my own post.
            Sorry Deepie
            I must of had a very senior moment,oops,and thanks for your help Deepie.
            GM

Comment

Yep your right
              Its OK
              Pillock me was looking for the thank you symbol on my own post.
              Sorry Deepie
              I must of had a very senior moment,oops,and thanks for your help Deepie.
              GM
              No worries ..........

Comment

Happens to us all GM
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

4/03/14
                  Hi Niddy
                  UPDATE
                  Letter from Wilkin Chapman making several points which I will paraphrase for ease:
                  1) As far as their client is concerned I have not made a valid request(CCA sec 77)--I have and it was made 3/11/2011 and recorded and signed for.It was made at the time to Moorcroft.
                  2) Notwithstanding the above their client has already disclosed to me a true copy of the original loan agreement and statement showing amount due----this figure actually is wrong
                  3)They are basically knocking my response in raising technical points and go on to say that on the face of it it I have not disputed the fact that I entered into an agreement or received the loan.They say my argument is not sufficient for me to maintain that this claim is a lost cause.

They went on to say my legal argument in their view is wrong.That I am trying to avoid paying.
                  They now suggest that within 7 days I need to give them a realistic proposal for settling the outstanding amount,or their client will consider issuing court proceedings etc.
                  Their concluding point is :"It is neither party's interest to engage in such proceedings ....but they reserve the right to produce their letter to the court on the question of legal costs as evidence that I have so far(1) failed to make a valid and proper request ...sec 77 CCA and (2) failed to set out my grounds for disputing the debt"

Well Niddy thats about it.I have got copies of the original CCA request and original signed receipt of the recorded delivery.
                  Please would you give me some guidance as to what response I should issue.
                  Many thanks
                  Greymatter
                  UPDATE 17/04/2014
                  Hi Niddy
                  I have received another letter from Wilkin Chapman,basically they repeated what they said last time regarding not made a valid request re:Sec 77 and furthermore they say that I have not disputed the Loan agreement that they say I have had a true copy and entered into and signed.
                  If I do not reply with a suitable agreement etc etc they will take out clients instructions on commencing court proceedings.

My previous response was 'enough is enough' plus I pointed out that I had actually made a valid and proper request re sec 77.

Please could you guide me as to the appropriate response Niddy.

Just as a reminder I sent the docs to you some time ago and you deemed them UE.
                  This is an old Egg account that had PPI.
                  Many thanks
                  GM

Comment

Hi Deepie
                    What do you think I should respond with,or do I ignore?
                    I assume Niddy is up to his eyes in work,its just a habit from old addressing my initial requests to Niddy in the first instance.
                    I respect and welcome your help and advice as always.
                    Thanks
                    GM

Comment

UPDATE 17/04/2014

My previous response was 'enough is enough' plus I pointed out that I had actually made a valid and proper request re sec 77.
                      If it were me ....... I'd just see what they do next you've sent the enough is enough letter........

or you could send this

Comment

Thanks Deepie
                        I think that I will wait and see what they send next,as they completely ignored my previous letter which in fact informs them that I did comply with the legality of requesting and paying for CCA sec 77.
                        Naturally I have proof positive of all of this.
                        So,I will sit tight and wait for their response.I will keep you fully updated as usual.
                        Have a good Easter.
                        GM

Comment

Hi Deepie
                          Just a quick point regarding my decision to sit tight.As they are threatening possible action is it wise for me to sit this out.I remember Paul banging on about 'don't ignore legal action threats' or am I getting a tad paranoid here?
                          May I have your views please.
                          GM

Comment

Hi Deepie
                            Just a quick point regarding my decision to sit tight.As they are threatening possible action is it wise for me to sit this out.I remember Paul banging on about 'don't ignore legal action threats' or am I getting a tad paranoid here?
                            May I have your views please.
                            GM
                            Up to you ..I'm just going on my past experience .....some letters need a response some don't...

Most of mine will be SB in October this year ....That's the name of the game ....

Comment

Thanks Deepie
                              Just my lack of experience showing through.
                              Much appreciated
                              GM

Comment

Originally Posted by greymatter
                                4/03/14
                                Hi Niddy
                                UPDATE
                                Letter from Wilkin Chapman making several points which I will paraphrase for ease:
                                1) As far as their client is concerned I have not made a valid request(CCA sec 77)--I have and it was made 3/11/2011 and recorded and signed for.It was made at the time to Moorcroft.
                                2) Notwithstanding the above their client has already disclosed to me a true copy of the original loan agreement and statement showing amount due----this figure actually is wrong
                                3)They are basically knocking my response in raising technical points and go on to say that on the face of it it I have not disputed the fact that I entered into an agreement or received theloan.They say my argument is not sufficient for me to maintain that this claim is a lost cause.

They went on to say my legal argument in their view is wrong.That I am trying to avoid paying.
                                They now suggest that within 7 days I need to give them a realistic proposal for settling the outstanding amount,or their client will consider issuing court proceedings etc.
                                Their concluding point is :"It is neither party's interest to engage in such proceedings ....but they reserve the right to produce their letter to the court on the question of legal costs as evidence that I have so far(1) failed to make a valid and proper request ...sec 77 CCA and (2) failed to set out my grounds for disputing the debt"

Well Niddy thats about it.I have got copies of the original CCA request and original signed receipt of the recorded delivery.
                                Please would you give me some guidance as to what response I should issue.
                                Many thanks
                                04/03/14 Deepie:response:
                                Send template:'Enough is enough'
                                04/03/14 " Sent Rec Del ''

UPDATE
                                06/05/14
                                Hi Deepie
                                The account has been sold to Arc Global by Britannica.
                                They have handed the account to:Clarity Credit Management.
                                Arc Europe was handling the account via Britannica in 2012.So it looks like Arc have completed the circle.
                                So I will wait until I get the usual spate of 'phone calls and respond with a 'Sold in whilst in dispute' letter.
                                Do you agree?
                                Many thanks
                                GM

Comment

Working...
                                X