GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Greymatter's ue Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greymatter's ue Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Greymatter's ue Diary

Originally posted by missy View Post
    Scab raises two good points here. As much of a nuisance it is to us, the fact you (we) generally don't answer when these maggots call could be understood that we are not being hassled at all.
    My suggestion is to install a call dropper on your phone if possible and stop them even ringing in the first place.
    Hi Missy
    Where can I get info on 'call dropper' please.
    Thanks
    GM

Comment

TrueCall or CPR Call Blocker, block all unavailible calls, you can activate or deactivate the option.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks SXGuy

Comment

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
          Arrow (was EGG)
          Type of account (Loan with PPI)
          Date commenced (Approx 1999)
          Approx Balance (£3000)
          Last made a FULL payment (Apl 2003)
          Paying by arrangement with DCA(Moorcroft)
          Default Notice issued by Egg(May 2003)
          Account run by ARC
          Key:
          sent
          received
          My comments
          Been paying token payment for a few years.
          25th June 2011 Egg assigned the account to Arrow Global
          30/01/2012 CCA requested by recorded delivery
          10/02/2012 Received letter from DCA informing me that the OC cannot produce my agreement.
          I have responded with Final Response - UE (No CCA Received)
          27/02/2012 Received response from Moorcroft'
          They advise me that they no longer deal with this account.For avoidance of doubt I should resubmit my request to the client.Arrow Global(Britannica Recoveries)=ARC Europe
          27/11/2012
          Hi Niddy
          I have received a copy of my agreement and terms and conditions,these I have EM'd to you for your opinion and course of action.
          1/12/2012 From Niddy:Hi
          Regards s.18 - I don't know if it will be as simple as that, Paul was teaching me this but it's rather complex and to be honest I am rather busy to learn it anyway.... but it's not as simple as we used to think, ie separate PPI to loan terms - that apparently does not affect s.18.
          For now don't worry about this too much. I don't think s.18 will apply here.
          1/12/2012: I know you never got separate terms for PPI, nobody did
          The terms are a recon of the current terms, problem though - there is nothing there about default rates, defaulting you, sharing info - nothing.
          Hence, they are not the original terms. This is UE
          Chill
          My apologies.
          However there was only one set of tcs and that is all.
          Niddy : Doesn't matter mate, the ones they sent are UE hence respond as follows ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms
          04/12/2012:Rec del ‘Missing PTs’
          19/04/2013:Hi Niddy
          Letter from ARC EUROPE basically telling me that the docs they provided are valid and comply with CCA.They have viewed my signed agreement to the Terms and Conditions.
          Goes on to
          : I should make arrangements to pay by affordable instalments with an IE sheet.
          They wish to make it quite clear that unless a payment is made within 30 days along with a firm offer to clear the balance they will obtain clients instructions on what further action they want ARC to take
          What response should I send to this letter please?
          19/04/2013 Niddy:I'd just wait and see what they send next and we'll take it from there.....

UPDATE:23/05/2013
          Hi Niddy:
          I have hade one recorded message today and a letter from ARC Europe informing me that as I have not had any response from me they are now oblidged to report this to their client with regards to further action they must now take.
          They go on to say that if I do want to contact them before they refer the matter to their client I should call them and ensure that I reach an agreement within the next 14 days.
          ‘Please do not ignore the contents of this letter or the time limits we have referred to’
          Niddy,what would be my response to this please?
          Thanks
          GM
          UPDATE:
          07/08/2013 Letter from Arrow informing me that account has been treansferred to:Wilkin Chapman LLp and in future to correspond with them.
          I will wait now for contact.In the meantime has anyone got any background on Wilkin Chapman og Grimsby??
          Thanks
          GM

Comment

just be careful here Greymatter, as soon as this mob make contact I'd get the sold in dispute off.

Comment

Thanks Mrs D will do.

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by greymatter
                Hi Niddy
                I would like some advice on the following:

Natwest CC Bal £9K+ Taken out about 1980??
                Defaulted July 2003
                Account Termination August 2003
                Still paying agreed token monthly payment( very little)
                However they always keep requesting a review every 3-6 months,I never increase my monthly amount,which they accept.
                As they have not placed this with a collecting agency ,which surprises me,does this mean they have the agreement?I am concerned that a CCA request for my account might just awaken a monster here.
                There's no way could I afford to pay the £9k.
                Whats your advice here Niddy
                Thanks
                GM
                Key:sent
                received
                other information
                26/03/2012 Reg letter sent this morning.
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Never-In-Doubt
                send for the CCA - why are you paying old accounts from c2000

Seriously, get the CCA asap then lets take a peek before doing anything

17/04/2012 Still have not received CCA. Shall I take this as U/E at this moment .I assume there is no need to chase them?
                Thanks
                GM

23/05/2012 Received letter from NatWest acknowledging my CCA request.They have sent a copy of current terms and conditions as they say I took this card out in 1980 and that section 78 was brought into force on 19th May 1985.Schedule 3 of the 1974 act states that S.78 applies to an agreement made after 1985 onwards where the agreement would have been a regulated agreement.They go on to point out that agreements made before 19 th May 1985 it is sufficient to supply a copy of the current terms that acts as a true copy.
                They go on to say that the agreement is enforceable.

Are they right and am I stuffed,I really am worried about this.
                I cannot remember having the card back in 1980 I really thought it was about 2000.
                Please advise as to what my next step is.
                Thanks

GM
                UPDATE 10/08/2013
                Hi Niddy
                Unfortunately NW are now chasing me for (1) offer of payment
                (2) Contact tel/mob numbers
                (3)Reason as to why I am only paying £6pm
                (4) complete a financial s/m

They say they are unable to defer repayments to the account and will continue to receive statements and correspondence until a reply has been received.
                This account is pre 1985 and I really would appreciate what would be the best move here as they will hide behind the 'no need to supply CCA'
                I am worried about this situation
                GM

Comment

If you're still paying and it's all you can afford dont worry - just maintain the £6 monthly payments and leave it at that. If you think the inception date is wrong you'd be best sending SAR.

Regards writing back, I'd not bother. You don't have to give your phone number
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy
                    As this is so old would they have the info going that far back? I can now remember that I had the card in 1979/80,however definately cannot be certain as to the exact date.
                    .However the info they sent me when I requested my CCA did not show my address at that time as I moved 7+ years later in 1986.
                    Last edited by greymatter; 10 August 2013, 09:47. Reason: wrong date

Comment

Thanks Niddy
                      As this is so old would they have the info going that far back? I can now remember that I had the card in 1979/80,however definately cannot be certain as to the exact date.
                      .However the info they sent me when I requested my CCA did not show my address at that time as I moved 7+ years later in 1986.

These/
                      Attached Files
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Niddy
                        I will not reply and will sit tight.
                        My unerstanding from reading various threads is that I do not have to supply them with an Income and Expenditure sheet either,is this correct?
                        Once before, I was told by NW that if I don't supply an I&E they would start adding interest.They dont at the moment,this my worry..Cos if they can add interest and this is one of the grey area CCA situation,could I not end up really in the shyte?
                        Last edited by greymatter; 10 August 2013, 10:06. Reason: added a word

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                          These/
                          Hi TC
                          I dont understand your post,obviously I am missing something here,please elaborate.
                          Thanks
                          GM

Comment

Hi Niddy
                            I will not reply and will sit tight.
                            My unerstanding from reading various threads is that I do not have to supply them with an Income and Expenditure sheet either,is this correct?
                            Once before, I was told by NW that if I don't supply an I&E they would start adding interest.They dont at the moment,this my worry..Cos if they can add interest and this is one of the grey area CCA situation,could I not end up really in the shyte?
                            Hi Niddy
                            what do you reckon here?
                            Its just that this is a bit concerning,or am I over reacting again!!

Comment

Well send an I&E to stop them adding interest

First, PM Elsa and she'll help you utilise CFS / Trigger Figures
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi TC
                                I dont understand your post,obviously I am missing something here,please elaborate.
                                Thanks
                                GM
                                That was a photo of a 1980 barclaycard

Comment

Working...
                                X