GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Greymatter's ue Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greymatter's ue Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Greymatter's ue Diary

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
    Originally Posted by greymatter

UPDATE
    06/05/14
    Hi Deepie
    The account has been sold to Arc Global by Britannica.
    They have handed the account to:Clarity Credit Management.
    Arc Europe was handling the account via Britannica in 2012.So it looks like Arc have completed the circle.
    So I will wait until I get the usual spate of 'phone calls and respond with a 'Sold in whilst in dispute' letter.
    Do you agree?
    Many thanks
    GM
    Yep....That's what I'd do......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Deepie

Comment

06/05/14
        Hi Deepie
        Arc Europe was handling the account via Britannica in 2012.So it looks like Arc have completed the circle.
        So I will wait until I get the usual spate of 'phone calls and respond with a 'Sold in whilst in dispute' letter.
        Do you agree?
        Many thanks
        Yep....That's what I'd do......"

UPDATE
        Hi Deepie,
        I have got a late response fromWilkin Chapman offering a 25% settlement or they will be looking to advise client to take County Court action.
        It appears to me that Britannica Recoveries have not informed their solicitors Wilkin Chapman of their recent sale of the account to Arrow Global.
        Do you agree that I should ignore this offer/threat as the new owners Arrow Global have set Clarity Credit Management onto it,and as yet I have not had any contact?
        Many thanks
        GM
        Last edited by greymatter; 10 May 2014, 12:16. Reason: format

Comment

Originally posted by greymatter View Post

06/05/14
          Hi Deepie
          Do you agree?
          Many thanks
          Yep....That's what I'd do......"

UPDATE
          10.05.14 Hi Deepie,I have got a late response fromWilkin Chapman offering a 25% settlement or they will be looking to advise client to take County Court action.
          It appears to me that Britannica Recoveries have not informed their solicitors Wilkin Chapman of their recent sale of the account to Arrow Global.
          Do you agree that I should ignore this offer/threat as the new owners Arrow Global have set Clarity Credit Management onto it,and as yet I have not had any contact?
          Many thanks
          GM
          Yes....I'd see what they send next if it were me....
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Deepie

Comment

‘QUOTE
              06/05/14
              Hi Deepie
              Do you agree?
              06/05/14 Deepie……Yep....That's what I'd do......[ QUOTE’

UPDATE:9/06/14
              Hi Deepie
              Got a reduced settlement letter from 'Clarity'
              I feel a SWID letter going out by rec del,do you agree?
              Thanks
              GM

Comment

is it a mailshot?

I'd personally wait for an actual letter wanting the money.....................

Comment

Hi Mrs D,and Deepie
                  No this is an offer as its basically UE .Started life as an EGG loan (1999) Then it was sold on to Britannia and has been round the clock,using various DCA's.Niddy says its UE(2012) Britannia ,prior to selling account to Arrow tried using their solicitors to apply a bit of muscle(they finally made the first settlement offer prior to selling account on to Arrow)This was met with AAD template response.Account was then actually sold to Arrow Global..
                  Arrow are using Clarity to chase etc and this is the first letter under new ownership(Arrow) so as this is a case of moving on a UE situation I reckon as a new lot are handling the account a SWID is called for.
                  Whats your view Mrs D/Deepie?
                  Last edited by greymatter; 9 June 2014, 19:16. Reason: added Deepie

Comment

to be on the safe side I'd pop off a swid if this is their first contact

they send out a lot of shyte in the form of merged mailshots and I try to ignore most of these because they are just shyte, but Arrow can be a bit nasty so a swid it would be

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                      to be on the safe side I'd pop off a swid if this is their first contact

they send out a lot of shyte in the form of merged mailshots and I try to ignore most of these because they are just shyte, but Arrow can be a bit nasty so a swid it would be

That's what I'd do too............

Comment

Many thanks to both
                        SWID going tomorrow Rec Del.
                        GM

Comment

Summarised version:
                          Arrow (was EGG)
                          Type of account (Loan with PPI)
                          Date commenced (Approx 1999)
                          Approx Balance (£3000)
                          Last made a FULL payment (Apl 2003)
                          Default Notice issued by Egg(May 2003)
                          Account run by Arrow

25/06/ 2011: Egg assigned the account to Arrow Global
                          30/01/2012: CCA requested by recorded delivery
                          10/02/2012: Received letter from DCA informing me that the OC cannot produce my agreement.
                          27/02/2012:Received response from Moorcroft' no longer deal with this account.
                          27/11/2012: Emailed a copy of my agreement and terms and conditions to Niddy.(As it has aPPI did sec 18 apply)
                          1/12/2012: Niddy: Regards s.18 - I don't know if it will be as simple as that, Paul was teaching me this but it's rather complex and to be honest I am rather busy to learn it anyway.... but it's not as simple as we used to think, ie separate PPI to loan terms - that apparently does not affect s.18.
                          For now don't worry about this too much. I don't think s.18 will apply here.
                          1/12/2012: I know you never got separate terms for PPI, nobody did
                          The terms are a recon of the current terms, problem though - there is nothing there about default rates, defaulting you, sharing info - nothing.
                          Hence, they are not the original terms. This is UE
                          1/12/2012 :Niddy : respond as follows ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms
                          04/12/2012:Rec del ‘Missing PTs’ sent.
                          19/04/2013 :Letter from ARC EUROPE basically telling me that the docs they provided are valid and comply with CCA.
                          19/04/2013:Niddy: I'd just wait and see what they send next.
                          07/08/2013: Letter from Arrow informing me that account has been transferred to:Wilkin Chapman LLp and in future to correspond with them.
                          07/08/2013:MrsD: just be careful here Greymatter, as soon as this mob make contact I'd get the sold in dispute off.
                          24/08/13: Letter from Wilkin Chapman.They are requesting copies of 'agreement,statements and tc's’, it will take up to 6 weeks.
                          10/01/14: Received a copy of an agreement with no PT's.from Wilkin Chapman.The copy agreement is as before and you looked at what was sent by Arrow Global and suggested that I write back with missing PT's.
                          As this copy is exactly as sent before what should I respond with to this lot?
                          21/01/14 :Niddy Ignore this, see what they send next.
                          03/02/14:Letter from Wilkin Chapman:
                          They want me to contact them with an affordable payment plan.
                          4/03/14: Letter sent to them: Enough is enough response.
                          17/04/14: Letter from Wilkin Chapman repeating basically what they said before and ignored my Enough is Enough response.
                          6/05/14 :Account sold to Arc Global and given to DCA Clarity Credit Management.
                          6/05/14: I wait to see whats next
                          10/05/14 :Letter from Wilkin Chapman offering 25% reduction for settlement.
                          10/05/14 :I wait for contact from Clarity
                          9/06/14 :Offer of same settlement from Clarity.
                          9/06/14 :SWID sent.

UPDATE 28/06/14
                          Hi Niddy,
                          I have received copies again of the signed CCA docs plus a copy of T&C’s ,this is the third time of receiving the signed copy of the CCA and the second time for the T&C’s.However the difference this time is that the typed out T&C’s (as before) now make reference to an agreement number that is not the same as that shown on the copy CCA.(Last time it did!)When I sent these docs to you 27/11.12 you deemed them UE.Do you need to see these again?
                          (The so called T&C’s are again a typed out attempt and most definitely not the originals)
                          Niddy what is my best plan of action here please .Your advice as usual will be greatly appreciated.
                          GM
                          Last edited by greymatter; 28 June 2014, 21:37.

Comment

Send them to to Niddy again if what you have been given is is different to last time

Comment

Thanks SX Guy
                              Basically the "T&C's" as before are not originals but a typed set .The difference being in the reference to my name and agreement number.Everything is as before.Niddy said then :" The terms are a recon of the current terms, problem though - there is nothing there about default rates, defaulting you, sharing info - nothing.

Hence, they are not the original terms. This is "

So does Niddy want these again,as their typo changes will still leave it I guess.
                              However if you think I should email these to him please advise,if not also please advise as to what I should reply with or should I wait until contacted by Clarity .According to Arrow they are the people now in the frame for correspondence.
                              Thanks
                              GM

Comment

i would wait until clarity contact you then get off a swid

Comment

Working...
                                X