GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Greymatter's ue Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greymatter's ue Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Greymatter's ue Diary

Who's next ?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
      'I feel we have reached an impasse and account returned to client.......'
      What is this? A DCA being honest and realistic? I'll need to go and lie down for a bit.

Well done GM! The more positive results, the better.

SH

Comment

Round and round goes the bloody great wheel

Comment

Quote:
          Barclay Resolve
          Type of account (
          Loan Account)
          Date commenced ( 2002)
          Approx Balance (£13600)
          Last made a FULL payment (July 2003)
          Paying by arrangement with DCA(CDCS)
          Default Notice issued by Barclays(Feb 2004)
          Account originally run by BC/CDCS
          Key:
          sent
          received

My Comments
          AAD Comments
          15/05/2012 :Special delivery CCA requested
          31/05/2012 :Hi Niddy: Letter received from Barclays and they have in the first place stated:'Sec 77 and 78 of the CCA1974(as amended) do not require Barclays Bank to provide you with a signed original form of the agreement and .......not the policy of Barclays Bank to provide this'
          They are however pleased to provide me with a copy of the agreement and financial statementas the Act does not require them to supply me with a signed original'
          However what they sent me was a set of TC's with figures filled in and various other hand filled details. Thanks
          01/06/2011: Niddy: Barclays - this is a mock-up. There is a hand written form undated for a small loan that is linked to a different product via account reference and comes with no PT's.
          Basically Barclays have got confused and made this out to be an original using a reference number for a newer product that was a different loan and came with PPI. Confused? Yep, so are we totally.
          Respond with --->
          Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms
          12/10/2012:
          Letter from Barclays telling me that the responsibility for collecting has been passed to CSL . Shall I wait for response or send sold while in dispute letter.
          I would wait until they write to you...........
          Quote:
          Hi Niddy/I2D
          25/10/2012
          :Letter now received from new DCA handling the collection etc .etc.
          Should I send 'sold while in dispute' letter
          Thanks
          25/10/12: In2Deep :I would if it were me..........
          25/11/12:
          Thanks I2D Letter going now!
          25/11/12 :Hi Niddy/I2Deep
          Received a letter from Barclays and within their opening paragraph they say ’I am unable to uphold your complaint and provide a signed copy of the agreement’
          They then remind me that the debt is being held by CSL .
          I received at the same time a letter from CSL offering me ‘opportunity to clear your debt at a reduced rate’
          Finally: they state’ Failure to contact them will result in our recommendation for further action on your account’
          I am reading the Barclays opening statement as an admission of no CCA,do you agree?
          What response is needed here and does it go to CSL only?
          Many thanks
          25/11/2012:Scabhunter: If I was in this situation, I would just send a copy of the Missing Prescribed Terms template to CSL.
          25/11/12: Sent [QUOTE]
          03/12/2012: Hi Niddy/I2D
          Received letter from CSL'If I dont respond within 7 days the account will be returned to Barclays for further action.The further action could include selling of your debt.Once sold you will no longer deal with Barclays regarding this debt.Any action pursued by the new owner to recover etc etc becomes their responsibility'
          3/12/2012: Niddy:I would just send a copy of their cover letter, thats all.

13/12/2012:Hi Niddy /I2D Received letter from Power 2 Contact big bold black heading’FORMAL NOTICE OF INTENDED VISIT’
          Strange to get this when CSL stated above that they were returning account to Barclays.
          I have previously sent the doorstep visit letter.
          Barclays previous letter stating that they are unable to supply a signed copy of the agreement(see above)
          What response is now needed as they are going round in circles.
          13/12/2012 I2D send Harassment &Threat of doorstep-visit.
          13/12/2012 Ref to this letter resent.

UPDATE:
          25/03/2013 Account now passed to Moorcroft.
          I will wait for contact from them before doing anything.

Comment

UPDATE:
            25/03/2013 Account now passed to Moorcroft.
            Wow! You must be quaking in your boots. One of the most incompetent of all DCAs, and if alleged debts are being assigned to them, the owners must be desperate.

The hardest challenge is making enough sense out of what they write to be able to respond to it.

I will wait for contact from them before doing anything.
            Yes, do that. I'm sure it will be good when it comes

SH

Comment

Hi SH
              Barclays refuse to supply original docs (Cos they aint got 'em)and then bounce it around a variety of DCA's,whats the bloody point.They say they can,t supply docs because its not their policy, but I bet a pound to a penny if they had the signed docs you would get a copy complete with PT's etc by bloody return!
              Thanks
              GM

Comment

Hi I2D and SH
                UPDATE on above:
                Letter received from Moorcroft usual 'pay up without delay or they will recommend to their client that further debt recovery action be undertaken.
                What is the best response here,'Sold whilst in dispute letter' or what do you reckon.
                Thanks
                GM

Comment

What is the best response here,'Sold whilst in dispute letter' or what do you reckon.
                  Thanks
                  GM
                  That is what I would send. There are plenty of examples of people successfully dealing with this lot on here.

SH

Comment

Thanks SH
                    Letter going off Recorded.
                    GM

Comment

Hi I2D/SH
                      I forgot to mention that included in the above Moorcroft letter they added that their client has registered a default against my credit file in relation to this account.
                      Thats interesting as the default dropped off MAY2009 .So I will check this out in a few weeks time as there's nothing showing at the moment.If they do re introduce an old default ,I take it that they are breaking some kind of CCA law here.Please advise
                      Many thanks
                      GM

Comment

Hi I2D/SH
                        Whats your view on this situation.
                        Thanks
                        GM

Comment

Hi I2D/SH
                          I forgot to mention that included in the above Moorcroft letter they added that their client has registered a default against my credit file in relation to this account.
                          Thats interesting as the default dropped off MAY2009 .So I will check this out in a few weeks time as there's nothing showing at the moment.If they do re introduce an old default ,I take it that they are breaking some kind of CCA law here.Please advise
                          Many thanks
                          GM
                          Hi I2D/SH
                          Whats your view on this situation.
                          Thanks
                          GM
                          IMHO....best not checking your credit report
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                            Probably a good idea that .........

Comment

Advice taken
                              Many thanks
                              GM

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                                Yes, indeed. Another vote for leaving it alone for now. Defaults can always be argued about when they are of some consequence, which means when there aren't a great many others ruining the file anyway!

I would like to know what mine looks like, but I've got March 2014 down as the likely date to look. By then, anything which could be a potential problem will be comfortably statute barred, and demonstrably so.

SH

Comment

Working...
                                X