GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Greymatter's ue Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greymatter's ue Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Greymatter's ue Diary

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    As they've changed from access to MasterCard which comprises totally new PT's the Access element has to be ignored (April 1980 commencement date). The moment it switched to MasterCard was a new agreement and thus it's that date they ought to be classifying the commencement date from because access was never MasterCard and thus was not operated the same nor were the PT's anything alike. Plus access wasn't as widely accepted as MasterCard!

Thats my view anyways.
    And a view which DJ Henrietta Manners may well reluctantly share

Comment

my RBS was this situation, they sent a complete forgery dated 2000 when I asked for a CCA, they had even used my signature from another document but the detail was wrong, ie they had taken bits of information from other documents(we banked with them at the time), pointed out their wee mistake and so far they haven't come back

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post

And another I know!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Niddy
          So should I re try for CCA and as I have now ceased payments and more info has now been 're uncovered' plus the possibility of a defective DN or just wait until they contact me.I know before you said leave it and don't bother but as more info has been brought to the surface is it worth a try.My 1st request was 26/03/2012.At least it could possibly force a sell-on??
          Thanks Niddy
          GM

Comment

If they're not hassling you leave it. If they do then CCA em, why not?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
              Well I would say so because its a huge change in type of account as well as where you could use the card as well as the PT's. I'm just saying like - that's my view. But be good to hear Paul/Josies thoughts on this.....
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy
                They will hassle me as I have stopped payment.So on that basis when I get the hassle I will of course update you and send of for the CCA .
                GM
                ps What is this about the 'DJ Henrietta Manners' referred to in the previous posts?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  I was sure I explained my "feelings" on this last time. As they've changed from access to MasterCard which comprises totally new PT's the Access element has to be ignored (April 1980 commencement date). The moment it switched to MasterCard was a new agreement and thus it's that date they ought to be classifying the commencement date from because access was never MasterCard and thus was not operated the same nor were the PT's anything alike. Plus access wasn't as widely accepted as MasterCard!

Access was a fixed £ repaid each month ie £500 limit = £25pm repayment etc etc. MasterCard was always a minimum percentage ie 3% of balance.

Thats my view anyways.
                  It really depends on the changes, it may well be nothing more than a variation to the agreement, on the other hand it may tip the scales far enough to be a Modifying agreement, i cannot really cast an opinion unless i know what terms were altered, and it would really need to know all the variations etc too.

Comment

Cheers mate. As I say, I recall my card but mine was nearer the end just before access ended so possibly quite similar to MasterCard but one ten plus years older, I dunno. The JCCC weren't the most efficient lol. Lets be honest

Did you see the DN queries, anything there based on the dates supplied?

Comment

We had original Midland Bank Access cards. At the time they also acted as cheque guarantee cards for our current accounts for a while. Despite closing our Midland accounts, HSBC issued, as has been said Mastercards on the back of them.

Had a quick look through our stuff but we don't seem to have anything left as we paid them all up and dumped them way back in 2005/6

regards
                      G

Comment

Blimey just had a thought, Mrs G had a Lloyds Access card for a while. Knowing her squirreling of paperwork in files I will ask but don't hang pout too much hope.

regards
                        G

Comment

Nice one mate. The terms changed late 90's when MC had a say in it so its the terms that show a repayment amount next to a credit limit ie £500 limit = £25pm repayment.

Thats what we need - original Access terms. Good luck with your search

Comment

Hi Niddy
                            My situation is almost the same as oldaccess,where CPR 18 was mentioned in order to get info regarding the changes from access to MC.Nothing really transpired there as the case was dropped.However if my situation starts down the same route then this info must be made available .I never had a new agreement when access changed to MC and yet they produce an agreement(copy sent to you) so if they had an agreement for MC where is my signed copy as this would have been produced after 1985/6?As the requirement prior 1985 was no agreement needed,how can they produce one under MC after 1985 and say that is it.Its bollox sorry but thats my take on this .
                            GM
                            Last edited by greymatter; 11 August 2013, 18:01. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                              We had original Midland Bank Access cards. At the time they also acted as cheque guarantee cards for our current accounts for a while. Despite closing our Midland accounts, HSBC issued, as has been said Mastercards on the back of them.

Had a quick look through our stuff but we don't seem to have anything left as we paid them all up and dumped them way back in 2005/6

regards
                              G
                              Thats a prime example. But iirc the CGC's were separate at their birth. Below is natwest access/MasterCard from 1989 ish - just around the time of changeover and closure of access @ JCCC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	1395306

Access ended around the time £100 / £250 CGC's were created. However I don't recall the £50 CGC on Access cards.

Useful info -> http://www.theukcardsassociation.org...ice_and_links/

Comment

Ahhh here you go. I thought the CGC was separate

1991 card

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1395308

Comment

Working...
                                X