GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Greymatter's ue Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greymatter's ue Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Greymatter's ue Diary

Hi I2D
    Excuse my dimness here (referring me to Pauls blog)but I took on the UE rote for solid reasons.I realise that I must be prepared to go to court(Naturally with a solicitor)and I realise that most letters need respondingf to and filing.
    So thats why I am asking for the most appropriate response here.
    Thanks I2D
    GM

Comment

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
      Hi I2D
      Yes I have read it .So how do I respond to my last Diary entry.Or are we not using our templates?
      If it were me I would tell them the account is in dispute along with this--> Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Many thanks I2D
        Will do.
        Pauls Blog is without doubt very informative and does put things in prospective.
        It is a battle when you take the UE route and without Pauls input we would/could be in the sh1t in no time.
        However I for one am still on a steep learning curve and will always continue to ask for sound advice from AAD as to how to respond to the OC/DCS letters.Its clearly essential that we do respond and understand the template suggested.
        Thanks I2d
        GM

Comment

Hi I2D
          As this had been already sent on 7/11/2012 should I simply make a reference to this letter and date?
          GM

Comment

Hi I2D
            As this had been already sent on 7/11/2012 should I simply make a reference to this letter and date?
            GM
            Yes that's what I would do........
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
              Have you read Pauls latest blog---> Pauls Blog
              why are you referring everyone there mate? No need as it's irrelevant as to the question that the user is asking.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It is a battle when you take the UE route and without Pauls input we would/could be in the sh1t in no time.
                However I for one am still on a steep learning curve and will always continue to ask for sound advice from AAD as to how to respond to the OC/DCS letters.
                What we must remember here is that the way I describe doing things and Paul's way will generally be different because Paul is trained in taking things legal so he will teach you the correct way to have a good defence should the lender take legal action.

However, AAD as a whole hopes not to see legal action so we tend to use our templates to fight away any hassles from creditors and that does mean going round in circles which is a good thing.

If you're worried about things going legal then you'd take the advice from Paul, but for the same respect of all the UE Diaries here, only a few have went legal and even then Paul has won more than enough (only have a couple of losses/settlements)... so all in all, arguing UE and sending templates does work, as does Paul's legal guidance to get the best defence.

It's up to you what route you take dependant how scared of court you are I guess.

Just remember you're getting the ideals of two different backgrounds here, one a legal version (always going to be the 'right' way) or our way. Take your pick....

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  why are you referring everyone there mate? No need as it's irrelevant as to the question that the user is asking.
                  Just so they get an idea how to respond for future reference.

Comment

Thanks I2D and Niddy
                    GM

Comment

[QUOTE]
                      Barclaycard Gold Visa
                      Type of account (credit card)
                      Date commenced (Pre 2000)
                      Approx Balance (£10600)
                      Last made a FULL payment (June 2003)
                      Default Notice issued by Mercers acting as agents for BC(Sep 2003)
                      Account run by DCA’s
                      Key:sent
                      received
                      other information
                      CURRENT STATUS:
                      16.12.11 Recorded delivery sent today
                      19.12.11 Signature obtained
                      10.01.12 No response to my CCA request.
                      10.01.12 Payment stopped
                      12.01.12 Letter received(In fact 2 identical) from CSL, they are referring back to client for copy docs.
                      26.01.2012 Received a letter direct from BC stating that they no longer hold a copy of my executable agreement.They go on further to state that they accept that they are therefore prevented from enforcing the agreement.
                      19.03.2012 Barclaycard(Posted from Stockport 2nd Class)informing me that the account has been passed to Moorcroft
                      19.03.2012 Letter (!st class fro Stockport)Moorcroft threatening me with intended litigation(in bold letters!)
                      21.03.2012 CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA
                      21.03.2012 . Letter and attachments sent recorded today.
                      29.03.2012Letter received today from Moorcroft obviously ignoring ny letter with the enclosure.
                      IMPORTANT INFORMATION-POSSIBLE LITTIGATION.
                      29.03.2012 Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
                      06/07/2012 Received the repeat possible litigation from Moorcroft this is after they said its on hold whilst investigating.
                      6/07/2012 I2D CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA
                      6/07/2012 Recorded and sent.
                      8/07/2012 They have received and signed
                      12/07/2012 Received letter from Moorcroft,obviously ignoring my 2nd letter attaching BC cannot enforce letter.
                      12/07/2012 I would ignore them and save my postage.
                      23/07/2012 Received letter from Moorcrap Headed in very large caps indeed-MONTHLY INSTALMENT OFFER
                      08/2012 Letter has big bold 'LITIGATION WARNING'
                      8/08/2012 Threat by Creditor - Enough is Enough Response 13/09/2012 New DCA on the scene Wescot:
                      13/09/2012 Letter sent Sold whilst in dispute [QUOTE]

UPDATE :05/01/2013 DCA have returned account back to BC.
                      Last edited by greymatter; 5 January 2013, 13:40.

Comment

Good

Comment

Barclayloan
                          Type of account (Loan)
                          Date commenced (Approx 2000)
                          Approx Balance (£4500)
                          Last made a FULL payment (June 2003)
                          Paying by arrangement with DCA(CDCS)
                          Default Notice issued by Barclay(Feb 2004)
                          Account original passed to CDCS
                          No statement or balance issued since 2005

Key:Green=My response
                          Red=OC/DCA response
                          Black=My comments/dates
                          08/08/2012: CCA request sent this morning by special delivery
                          31/08/2012:
                          The 12+2 days are up.
                          12/11/2012: Letter from Barclays informing me that they are transferring the debt collection responsibility to BCW Group
                          12/11/2012: In2Deep:I would wait until you here from BCW then hit them with the Account in Dispute letter..........
                          15/11/2012:Letter received today fro BCW plus 2nd phone call.Letter sent SWID
                          25/11/12: Letter received , account on hold whilst being investigated.
                          14/12/12: Letter received BCW want more time(4weeks) to investigate

Update:15/01/2013
                          Letter informing me that BCW have closed the matter on their system and no further contact will be made by their office.

Comment

Letter informing me that BCW have closed the matter on their system and no further contact will be made by their office.
                            Well done, GM!

It is always satisfying to see one lot of chancers off, even when you know there is another one waiting in the wings.

Enjoy the well-earned rest before it surfaces again. You never know, sometimes it can be months or even years before you hear anything again.

SH

Comment

Thanks SH
                              GM

Comment

nice one,
                                had a barcs loan that was making reduced payments on but sending through the post, all of a sudden they stoped cashing the chqs so i stopped paying in 2007, in 2008 a DCA sent me a letter saying they had been asked to collect the debt, sent off a CCA req and got a letter back saying they had refered to barcs not heard a word since, and no sign of it on my credit file either

Comment

Working...
                                X