GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Greymatter's ue Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greymatter's ue Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Greymatter's ue Diary

Well done. That's another off your list
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes indeed
      Thanks Niddy

Comment

Well done from me too GM
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thanks IF

Comment

Well done

Comment

Thanks Vint1954

Comment

Nice one GM....pleased for you....
                Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve

Comment

Type of account (Loan Account)
                    Date commenced ( 2002)
                    Approx Balance (£13600)
                    Last made a FULL payment (July 2003)
                    Paying by arrangement with DCA(CDCS)
                    Default Notice issued by Barclays(Feb 2004)
                    Account originally run by BC/CDCS
                    Key:sent
                    received
                    My Comments
                    AAD Comments
                    15/05/2012 :Special delivery CCA requested
                    31/05/2012 :Hi Niddy: Letter received from Barclays and they have in the first place stated:'Sec 77 and 78 of the CCA1974(as amended) do not require Barclays Bank to provide you with a signed original form of the agreement and .......not the policy of Barclays Bank to provide this'
                    They are however pleased to provide me with a copy of the agreement and financial statementas the Act does not require them to supply me with a signed original'
                    However what they sent me was a set of TC's with figures filled in and various other hand filled details. Thanks
                    01/06/2011: Niddy: Barclays - this is a mock-up. There is a hand written form undated for a small loan that is linked to a different product via account reference and comes with no PT's.
                    Basically Barclays have got confused and made this out to be an original using a reference number for a newer product that was a different loan and came with PPI. Confused? Yep, so are we totally.
                    Respond with --->Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms
                    12/10/2012:Letter from Barclays telling me that the responsibility for collecting has been passed to CSL . Shall I wait for response or send sold while in dispute letter.
                    I would wait until they write to you........... Quote:
                    Hi Niddy/I2D
                    25/10/2012 :Letter now received from new DCA handling the collection etc .etc.
                    Should I send 'sold while in dispute' letter
                    Thanks
                    25/10/12: In2Deep :I would if it were me..........
                    25/11/12: Thanks I2D Letter going now!
                    25/11/12 :Hi Niddy/I2Deep
                    Received a letter from Barclays and within their opening paragraph they say ’I am unable to uphold your complaint and provide a signed copy of the agreement’
                    They then remind me that the debt is being held by CSL .
                    I received at the same time a letter from CSL offering me ‘opportunity to clear your debt at a reduced rate’
                    Finally: they state’ Failure to contact them will result in our recommendation for further action on your account’
                    I am reading the Barclays opening statement as an admission of no CCA,do you agree?
                    What response is needed here and does it go to CSL only?
                    Many thanks
                    25/11/2012:Scabhunter: If I was in this situation, I would just send a copy of the Missing Prescribed Terms template to CSL.
                    25/11/12: Sent [QUOTE]
                    03/12/2012: Hi Niddy/I2D
                    Received letter from CSL'If I dont respond within 7 days the account will be returned to Barclays for further action.The further action could include selling of your debt.Once sold you will no longer deal with Barclays regarding this debt.Any action pursued by the new owner to recover etc etc becomes their responsibility'
                    Any response needed?
                    3/12/2012: Niddy:I would just send a copy of their cover letter, thats all.
                    13/12/2012:Hi Niddy /I2D Received letter from Power 2 Contact big bold black heading’FORMAL NOTICE OF INTENDED VISIT’
                    Strange to get this when CSL stated above that they were returning account to Barclays.
                    I have previously sent the doorstep visit letter.
                    Barclays previous letter stating that they are unable to supply a signed copy of the agreement(see above)
                    What response is now needed as they are going round in circles.
                    13/12/2012 I2D send Harassment &Threat of doorstep-visit.
                    13/12/2012 Ref to this letter resent.
                    25/03/2013 Account now passed to Moorcroft.
                    I will wait for contact from them before doing anything.
                    26/03/2013 Letter received from Moorcroft usual 'pay up without delay or they will recommend to their client that further debt recovery action be undertaken.
                    26/03/2013
                    Letter sent SWID
                    Update:
                    Letter from Moorcroft referring back to OC re my query

6/4/13 Vint1954:Another one that will run away soon

15/04/2013 UPDATE:
                    Received letter from Moorcroft informing me that Barclays Bank have advised them that they are unable to provide a copy agreement due to the age of the account .They go on to say they will put on temp hold to allow time for receipt of the letter and then contact them to discuss payment or follow up of the account will recommence.
                    What would be the best respone to this please.
                    Salt& Vinegar:The best response to that would be to keep a copy of that letter safe as they have now admitted its UE!
                    You could send the UE - final response letter which effectively tells them to bugger off. They will no doubt give you a little bit of hassle but now they know its UE, and they have admitted as such you can chillax a little with this one

UE-final response sent recorded.

22/04/2013
                    UPDATE:Received letter from Moorcroft confirming: that Barclays no longer have a copy of my agreement.It is also BC understanding that they are not legally obliged to retain documentation of this nature for more than six years.
                    The letter goes on to inform me that the Information Commissioners has confirmed that whereas a debtor may not be oblidged to repay the account due to the provisions of the CCA,this does not mean that there was no enforceable agreement.
                    They go on to refer me to the McGuffick case re unenforceability etc.plus recent case in Manchester the Judge stated that the absence of a signed agreement is no evidence that such an agreement was not made.
                    Finally :..balance is correct and due for payment…please contact our offices to discuss your account further.
                    What response would be needed here Should I respond with Creditors refusal to accept UE or ignore or what would you suggest please.
                    22/04/2013 Pixie: Ignore

UPDATE:Hi SH/Niddy
                    01/05/2013 After a week of phone calls,logged but not answered I have received a letter from Moorcroft as follows:Capital letters almost double Bold:’Important Information-Possible Further Action’
                    It goes on to tell me that if I want to prevent further debt recovery action,to contact them.
                    If you do not contact us on receipt of this letter…………….recommend to our client…consider possible further debt recovery action which may follow.
                    Contact now to discuss payment plan or substantial discount.
                    Please advise as to suitable reply as on their own admission from OC they do not have a copy of my agreement.
                    Thanks
                    GM

Comment

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
                      Type of account (Loan Account)
                      Date commenced ( 2002)
                      Approx Balance (£13600)
                      Last made a FULL payment (July 2003)
                      Default Notice issued by Barclays(Feb 2004)
                      Account originally run by BC/CDCS
                      UPDATE:Hi SH/Niddy
                      01/05/2013 After a week of phone calls,logged but not answered I have received a letter from Moorcroft as follows:Capital letters almost double Bold:’Important Information-Possible Further Action’
                      It goes on to tell me that if I want to prevent further debt recovery action,to contact them.
                      If you do not contact us on receipt of this letter…………….recommend to our client…consider possible further debt recovery action which may follow.
                      Contact now to discuss payment plan or substantial discount.
                      Please advise as to suitable reply as on their own admission from OC they do not have a copy of my agreement.
                      Thanks
                      GM
                      I Would send this if it were me----->Letter Previously Confirming No CCA

with a copy of the letter you have..
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Many thanks Deepie
                        Will send tomorrow am recorded.
                        GM

Comment

Barclayloan
                          Type of account (Loan)
                          Date commenced (Approx 2000)
                          Approx Balance (£4500)
                          Last made a FULL payment (June 2003)
                          Default Notice issued by Barclay(Feb 2004)
                          Account original passed to CDCS
                          No statement or balance issued since 2005

Key:Green=My response
                          Red=OC/DCA response
                          Black=My comments/dates
                          08/08/2012: CCA request sent this morning by special delivery
                          31/08/2012:
                          The 12+2 days are up.
                          12/11/2012: Letter from Barclays informing me that they are transferring the debt collection responsibility to BCW Group
                          12/11/2012: In2Deep:I would wait until you here from BCW then hit them with the Account in Dispute letter..........
                          15/11/2012:Letter received today fro BCW plus 2nd phone call.Letter sent SWID
                          25/11/12: Letter received , account on hold whilst being investigated.
                          14/12/12: Letter received BCW want more time(4weeks) to investigate
                          15/01/2013 Letter informing me that BCW have closed the matter on their system and no further contact will be made by their office.
                          UPDATE:
                          7/05/2013 Letter from Barclays now getting Moorcroft to manage account.
                          Should I wait for usual spate of phone calls and letters before sending SWID response??
                          Thanks
                          GM

Comment

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
                            7/05/2013 Letter from Barclays now getting Moorcroft to manage account.
                            Should I wait for usual spate of phone calls and letters before sending SWID response??
                            Thanks
                            GM
                            As there is no known precedent for Moroncrap to do anything other than send letters, for example carrying out doorstep harassment without giving any notice or warning, I think you will be safe in waiting for the first letter before sending the SWID.

SH

Comment

Many thanks SH

Comment

Hi SH
                                Got letter today from Moorcroft :Instructed by Barclays to collect etc,etc,.
                                SWID to go today.

Comment

Working...
                                X