GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Marlings UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlings UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Marlings UE diary

Originally posted by marling View Post
    acct #3 amex card
    cca recieved - have just forwarded it you
    28/11/11
    letter form moorcroft
    amex have sent relevant information........ can i agree repayment with them.
    This is enforceable unfortunately

I would either consider an offer of repayment or just try and blag it and see how far you can go with it....... totally your choice
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

acct #8 - north rock
      my cca request still not verified on royal mail as delivered

21/11/11 nram letter - i have missed contracted payments
      NRAM cca that you emailed - this is also enforceable, also very new so sorry, you'll need to agree settlement/monthly payments or try blagging it and see what happens next.......

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        NRAM cca that you emailed - this is also enforceable, also very new so sorry, you'll need to agree settlement/monthly payments or try blagging it and see what happens next.......

thanks for looking into niddy,
        cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          This is enforceable unfortunately

I would either consider an offer of repayment or just try and blag it and see how far you can go with it....... totally your choice
          once again thanks for time taken to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
            Hi Marling

As Niddy is always mega busy I thought I would try and explain the process of UE and very simple terms so you can understand it. I am just a layman like you and I'm also following the UE route so this is how I have been dealing with things. If there are any glaring errors, hopefully there won't be, then some of the mods will correct them.

UE is about us as consumers looking to use the laws of the consumer credit act to our advantage. It is not illegal, we are simply using the legal framework to fight back. I won't pretend to know the laws, Niddy and his crew handle that bit.

If you choose the UE path then basically you are asking the creditor to provide paperwork that legally enforces the debt. Quite simply, if they cannot provide paperwork that legally enforces the debt they cannot pursue you thought the courts to recover the money. They can register the debt with the credit reference agencies so your credit file will be shot to pieces. However, let's face it you probably knew that anyway. That is a brief summary of how it works. There will always be legal arguments and nuances that must be accounted for and Niddy will always make you aware of them.

So with the above in mind here is what you do and what you expect.

You send a CCA request to the owner of the debt. That could be the original creditor or the DCA chasing you. The DCA is responsible for supplying the CCA but many duck this and ask you to write to the original creditor. You have already experienced this so write to the original creditor.

You then wait for them to provide the CCA within 14 days. If they do not reply then they are in default and the ball is in their court to act next. You have reasonably asked for relevant paperwork and they are legally obliged to provide it.

So now they either provide something or they don't. If they provide something you let Niddy examine it and he will say if he deems it enforceable or unenforceable and will advise your next move. If they send nothing then the account remains in default and you do nothing but wait for them to reply. Basically you don't remind them about the account but if they start to chase you, show Niddy and the crew what they have sent and the correct advice on your next move will be given.

The account will be taken out of default if they subsequently provide a CCA prior to the debt being statute barred (6 years in England and 5 years in Scotland). When they send you something, then let Niddy see it and heed his advice.

Ultimately, only a judge can deem something enforceable or unenforceable but the aim of using UE is to find sufficient legal doubt on dubious cases that means a creditor would not risk court proceedings. I have learned the hard way that once you get before a judge anything can happen...oh and it gets expensive.

Some will be blatantly UE and so they are highly unlikely to get off the starting block. If they are dubious then listen to Niddy and the crew and they will advise on the correct response.

Creditors must act within the legal framework of the Consumer Credit Act and Niddy is advising you if in his opinion they are doing so. It becomes a game of legal tennis and you MUST be guided by Niddy and his crew. If the creditor is not working within the framework of the act then Niddy will tell you and then you are in the driving seat. They can make all sorts of wild and woolly threats but they will just remain as threats.

I hope that helps and that I have not missed anything or made some blatant errors. I am sure the mods will edit any errors and I'll get a
            hi mauijim, thanks for great post, well explained.
            cheers and best wishes
            marling
            Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 10 January 2012, 08:56.

Comment

acct #6 capital one
              letter 22/12/11 from mercantile data bureau ltd - instructed by dlc.
              states: profiling process is underway, should enquires show i am home owner/employed, a third party may be instructed immediatley to begin further collection activity against you, please ring......

cca resquest was recieved(have proof) by dlc on 2/9/11, have not recieved anything back from dlc.

don't ring, I would probably send Data Bureau the sold in dispute letter just to put them off before they get into their stride1
              Last edited by MrsD; 3 January 2012, 10:54.

Comment

acct #7 egg loan
                letter from arrow global acting agent for britanica rec.
                they acknowledge request for cca, they do not accept that they are the creditor and are willing to assist obtaing request from egg and report back in due course.

wait and see what happens here
                Last edited by MrsD; 3 January 2012, 10:51.

Comment

acct #2 lloyds cc

letter form moorcroft auditors asking me to agree the balance on my credit card and details of my last 3 payments.

they just want you to phone them and admit the debt, don't, wait and see what happens writing here too.
                  Last edited by MrsD; 3 January 2012, 10:52.

Comment

I think Mrs dopey is being dopey and editing your posts and adding comments in red. Obviously this is an error as we don't mean to do this, we quote them normally.

Just so you realise there are updates here.

Comment

acct #1 halifax card
                      letter from credit security.
                      stating: i have disregarded their request for payment, they are referring to a doorstop agent. 50% offer given.

they only recieved unforceability threat on the 28th(got proof) so this letter probably only crossing over.

Comment

Yep just ignore this for now

Comment

acct #6 capital one
                          letter 22/12/11 from mercantile data bureau ltd - instructed by dlc.
                          states: profiling process is underway, should enquires show i am home owner/employed, a third party may be instructed immediatley to begin further collection activity against you, please ring......

cca resquest was recieved(have proof) by dlc on 2/9/11, have not recieved anything back from dlc.

don't ring, I would probably send Data Bureau the sold in dispute letter just to put them off before they get into their stride1
                          firstly could i have link to letter please....... seem to be getting error link on them all at the mo.

could i ask what you mean here, are they different to the normal dlc's, what can they do ?

cheers marling.

Comment

firstly could i have link to letter please....... seem to be getting error link on them all at the mo.

could i ask what you mean here, are they different to the normal dlc's, what can they do ?

cheers marling.
                            Just ignore this now. The templates are fine if you read the thread entitled ---> New Template Letters - January 2012 - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

(1) Halifax Credit Card

start : feb 2006
                              bal : £9500
                              last full : may 2008
                              present : not paying
                              status : default(have letter) / have original agreement
                              dca : iqor

july retail bank - full payment
                              decem retail bank - trying to contact
                              may moorcroft - last 3 payments made on card request
                              june moorcroft - 75% offer
                              novem moorcroft - default cccs
                              jan capquest - referred
                              feb hl legal solic - take notice
                              mar capquest - ltr before action
                              apr capquest - doorstep threat
                              may wescot - instructed
                              june nelson guest - instructed by wescot
                              july nelson - discount offer
                              july wescot - doorstep threat
                              sept iqor - referred
                              novem gbp solic - legal pending iqor
                              june iqor - 50% settlement
                              1/9/11 cca request sent
                              5/9/11 cca was recieved by iqor
                              19/10/11 nelson - 50% offer
                              11/11/11 nelson - consider offers
                              22/11/11 wescot - doorstop visit
                              21/12/11 credit sec/ wescot - unforce threat sent
                              reply from credit security
                              letter states:
                              we are replying to your letter dated 21/12/11, we advise you no payment was enclosed with your letter please forward £1 so we can request copy cca.
                              when replying provide full details of any outstanding dispute, reason for non-payment and do i acknolwedge opening the account, etc etc.

ok, the original cca request was sent to iqor on 1/9/11(have proof), i will check at post office today if £1 went thru on that occasion.

await your advice niddy

Comment

If you get a result from the Post Office without having to wait a few weeks please let me know as they tend to use forms to check any cashed PO.
                                GM

Comment

Working...
                                X