GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Marlings UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlings UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marlings UE diary

Originally posted by marling View Post
    re : i also have interesting letter form northern rock loan dated 7/7/2009 giving me an up to date statement showing my payments via cccs(at the time) but also it has on it : bad debt write off : £5,755.93

is this an own goal by them or is it stating its been sold off their books ?
    It means they have sold that portion off or written it off as a business loss, ie if you had a £20k balance and they added an entry with £7k write off, then assume you made a F&F for £13k, they'd take it without shadow of a doubt.

However with NR, exclusively, it basically means that is what they've agreed sale of; ie they will sell the debt for this amount, to a DCA.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Can you afford to pay the debts? If not then yea, send off for the CCA......
      let me just check my wallett and the back of the couch

Comment

so when i print the cca's and anything else in the future should i be doing 2 copies so ive got one for my files for each individual case ?

Comment

so when i print the cca's and anything else in the future should i be doing 2 copies so ive got one for my files for each individual case ?
          Well I am not an expert in this but I suggest you keep all paperwork like agreements etc. that you have just like that...yours! Let the DCAs do the running around to find what they need. Don't let them know what you have no matter what happens UNLESS Niddy advises otherwise.

When they send you a CCA upload it to the "Secure Section" (see bottom of Niddy's posts/signature for this information.
          Last edited by mauijim; 30 August 2011, 15:56.
          Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Marling, best thing to do is start a very good filing system, we have 21 creditors and its sometimes a full time job keeping track of what they are all doing.
            I have a file for each debt, keep everything and when you send a letter take two copies, one for creditors and one for your file, I make sure I file each letter with the DCA letter that it applies to. Takes some time, but a good paper trail is essential, and trust me you can't afford to miss anything!
            Have fun!

Comment

Hi Marling,

I would also add to keep the envelopes as well for any correspondence you receive each stapled to the relevant letter and marked with the date you received it. It can be very important later down the line.

regards
              Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                Hi Marling,

I would also add to keep the envelopes as well for any correspondence you receive each stapled to the relevant letter and marked with the date you received it. It can be very important later down the line.

regards
                Garlok
                A certain Mr Harrison springs to mind
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                  Marling, best thing to do is start a very good filing system, we have 21 creditors and its sometimes a full time job keeping track of what they are all doing.
                  I have a file for each debt, keep everything and when you send a letter take two copies, one for creditors and one for your file, I make sure I file each letter with the DCA letter that it applies to. Takes some time, but a good paper trail is essential, and trust me you can't afford to miss anything!
                  Have fun!
                  hi, thanks for info. have now set up indivudual folders and excel database.

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                    Hi Marling,

regards
                    Garlok
                    hi garlok
                    thank you, something i wouldnt have done, will keep good filing system.
                    cheers marling

Comment

help please guys

3 of my requests are going to dlc and 2 to moorcroft, should i send dlc's in one letter or all seperately ?

could someone please give a link to digital signing as i am not understanding this bit at the mo ?

iqor are annoying me with calls to my mobile should i add a telephone warning request in with their cca request ?

cheers all
                      marling

Comment

Hi marling,

No trouble. The case mentioned above by Niddy is Harrison v Link and was won by Paul one of our moderaters here and the law firm he works for. I also know of a couple of cases which have been won and also fallen because of lack of proof absolute at to posting methods. Should heaven forbid any of the case get to the court. Creditors and DCAs make the silly assumption that we are all stupid and are incapable of keeping records. if you do and they are made aware of that fact via template letters etc they often back away to look for a more vulnerable soft target.

regards
                        Garlok

Comment

Always send your CCA requests to the organsiation that claims to OWN the debt and I personnaly would always send legal documentation such as this separately. If Iquor are real problems then use the telephone harassment letter separately again.

regards
                          Garlok.

Comment

help please guys

3 of my requests are going to dlc and 2 to moorcroft, should i send dlc's in one letter or all seperately ?

could someone please give a link to digital signing as i am not understanding this bit at the mo ?

iqor are annoying me with calls to my mobile should i add a telephone warning request in with their cca request ?

cheers all
                            marling
                            Link Signing Digitally
                            Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 10 January 2012, 08:32.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

maybe i didnt explain myself well enough previoulsy, apologies.
                              DLC are dealing with three seperate accounts of mine should i send all three cca requests in one envelope or three seperate envelopes ?
                              cheers marling

Comment

three seperate envelopes! all recorded seperately

Comment

Working...
                                X