GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Marlings UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlings UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marlings UE diary

Originally posted by marling View Post
    (6) Capital one credit card

start : not sure / pre 2007
    bal : £1800
    last full : may 2008
    present : not paying
    dca : dlc

jan dlc - referred
    feb dlc - notice of sum
    feb aplins solic - instructed by hillseden
    feb dlc - notice of debt recovery
    aug dlc - notice of sum
    Send off for a CCA Request
    Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 10 January 2012, 08:23.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

(8) Northern rock loan

start : 2/1/2007 is this ok ? admin note - YES!
      bal : £5800
      dca : nram

jan aic - final notice
      mar aic - 50% offer
      apr aic - offer
      See note above about is it alright (yes) - Send off for a CCA Request
      Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 10 January 2012, 08:23.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

(7) Egg loan

bal : £6500
        present : £5 online payment
        dca : dlc

may dlc - £5 pm offer
        june arrow global - assignment
        june britanica recoveries
        aug - failed to pay
        Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 10 January 2012, 08:24.

Comment

(9) Rbs loan / ccj

bal : £13,000
          present : £1 online payment
          dca : none
          You have a CCJ? Continue the repayments. Do not mess around with this account - leave it alone and continue with whatever you have prearranged.

Comment

(10) Barclays current account

start : 1980's
            bal : £1600 overdrawn
            present : £1 online payment
            dca : credit solutions

aug barclays - termination notice
            april consumer finance collect - outstanding
            mar cdcs - final notice
            june credit solutions - legal/doorstep threat
            june power2contact - visit threat
            june credit solutions - save offer
            july credit solutions - notice legal proceed
            aug credit solutions - legal action

* Even though an OD is not treated the same, it'll buy you much needed time.....
            Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 10 January 2012, 08:24.

Comment

(11) Barclays business debenture

start : late 1990's
              bal : £10,000
              last full : early 2008
              dca : none

july barclays - demand
              novem barclays - demand
              Ignore this totally, obviously it's pointless bringing it out of statute, what with last contact being over 3yrs I'd say leave sleeping dogs and all that

Comment

(12) Wembley stadium

prefer to pm/email you on this one.
                Please elaborate - tell us more....?

Comment

finally i have two provident loans at present that i am struggling to keep up payments on, your views please.
                  Please confirm amounts and when taken out, plus original loan amounts for each. Continue repaying these for the moment until at least you confirm the details to us.

Comment

no, as yet i have done nothing at all, awaiting instructions.
                    in the case of halifax & egg i have my copies of the original agreement when i took the cards out ie : read this first cca 1974 & then sign form.

i also have interesting letter form northern rock loan dated 7/7/2009 giving me an up to date statement showing my payments via cccs(at the time) but also it has on it : bad debt write off : £5,755.93 , will this have any relevance ??

cheers marling
                    Ok, hopefully now you'll see a pattern evolve from the above - basically send off a CCA Request then update your diary when you get a reply, and email me the agreement and we'll then work through each one. You need to either stop paying those as indicated, or at least consider it.

Regards to who to send the CCA - this goes to whoever owns the debt, so in most cases the DCA that is hassling you - also, do not sign the cheque in your normal handwriting, do it completely different or use postal orders.

Best of luck, keep us updated!

Comment

Niddy....wow you are a star! Couldn't find the emoticon for a star! That was a lot of replies, your Karma rating will be through the roof; great to see someone helping others!

Marling....I hope you can now start to get things on track.
                      Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Ok, hopefully now you'll see a pattern evolve from the above - basically send off a CCA Request then update your diary when you get a reply, and email me the agreement and we'll then work through each one. You need to either stop paying those as indicated, or at least consider it.

Regards to who to send the CCA - this goes to whoever owns the debt, so in most cases the DCA that is hassling you - also, do not sign the cheque in your normal handwriting, do it completely different or use postal orders.

Best of luck, keep us updated!
                        hi niddy
                        thank you very much for your promt replies and guides.
                        so do you think UE is a good way to go about this ?
                        ive noticed you have asked some people to get experian/equifax reports, does this apply to me yet ?
                        i will get the cca's arranged in the next couple of days.
                        thanks again.
                        marling

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Please elaborate - tell us more....?
                          will email you shortly re this and things in general

Comment

re : i also have interesting letter form northern rock loan dated 7/7/2009 giving me an up to date statement showing my payments via cccs(at the time) but also it has on it : bad debt write off : £5,755.93

is this an own goal by them or is it stating its been sold off their books ?

Comment

hi niddy
                              thank you very much for your promt replies and guides.
                              so do you think UE is a good way to go about this ?
                              ive noticed you have asked some people to get experian/equifax reports, does this apply to me yet ?
                              i will get the cca's arranged in the next couple of days.
                              thanks again.
                              marling
                              Can you afford to pay the debts? If not then yea, send off for the CCA......

Comment

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
                                Welcome Marling you are in the right place.

I am also new but I have learned a lot in the last 3 months. I would offer the following that has helped me.

1. Perform all correspondence with creditors in writing only.
                                2. If you have not already done so then setup a lever arch file where you can keep all paperwork.
                                3. Send all mail Recorded delivery and staple all proof of postage to the letters.
                                4. Never speak with them via phone and ignore home viisits. Under no circumstances allow them entry to your home. I suggest sending Harassment by Telephone and also Harassment and threat of Doorstep visit(if they threaten a visit)This may seem like overkill but it gives you peace of mind valuable time to think and relax.
                                5. Listen to the advice from Niddy and his crew. Trust them 100% and follow their advice even if you feel unsure. if you do feel unsure then simply ask for clarification and then follow the advice. I have done so it has changed my life immeasurably for the better!
                                6. Relax.......this seems hard I know but having read your posts it appears your debts are on Credit Cards and/or loans. I would just ask are the loans secured?
                                7. Ask for advice and join in with the chat on the forum as it will help you to realise there is a life to be had and being in debt is not a crime!!
                                MJ
                                hi mauijim
                                apologies for delay, thanks for info and help.
                                2: i have set up seperate files for all
                                thankfull i am reasonably hardened up to all this, lets hope i remain that way.
                                again thanks for the welcome
                                all the best
                                marling

Comment

Working...
                                X