GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Marlings UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlings UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marlings UE diary

well done, it sometimes feels better just writing it down!

Niddy will be along, one thing I would ask, have you sent for CCAs at all or when you say you have the original agreement, is that your copy or one that they have sent you?

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
      well done, it sometimes feels better just writing it down!

Niddy will be along, one thing I would ask, have you sent for CCAs at all or when you say you have the original agreement, is that your copy or one that they have sent you?
      no, as yet i have done nothing at all, awaiting instructions.
      in the case of halifax & egg i have my copies of the original agreement when i took the cards out ie : read this first cca 1974 & then sign form.

i also have interesting letter form northern rock loan dated 7/7/2009 giving me an up to date statement showing my payments via cccs(at the time) but also it has on it : bad debt write off : £5,755.93 , will this have any relevance ??

cheers marling

Comment

its always good to build up a wee supply of their mistakes.
        as for the CCAs, doesn't much matter what you have, much more interesting to see what they have!

Comment

its always good to build up a wee supply of their mistakes.
          as for the CCAs, doesn't much matter what you have, much more interesting to see what they have!
          ok, slowly getting hang of the site, will await info.
          thanks for promt replies, even.
          need a drink now lol

Comment

Welcome Marling you are in the right place.

I am also new but I have learned a lot in the last 3 months. I would offer the following that has helped me.

1. Perform all correspondence with creditors in writing only.
            2. If you have not already done so then setup a lever arch file where you can keep all paperwork.
            3. Send all mail Recorded delivery and staple all proof of postage to the letters.
            4. Never speak with them via phone and ignore home viisits. Under no circumstances allow them entry to your home. I suggest sending Harassment by Telephone and also Harassment and threat of Doorstep visit(if they threaten a visit)This may seem like overkill but it gives you peace of mind valuable time to think and relax.
            5. Listen to the advice from Niddy and his crew. Trust them 100% and follow their advice even if you feel unsure. if you do feel unsure then simply ask for clarification and then follow the advice. I have done so it has changed my life immeasurably for the better!
            6. Relax.......this seems hard I know but having read your posts it appears your debts are on Credit Cards and/or loans. I would just ask are the loans secured?
            7. Ask for advice and join in with the chat on the forum as it will help you to realise there is a life to be had and being in debt is not a crime!!

MJ
            Last edited by mauijim; 29 August 2011, 15:28. Reason: URL and spelling
            Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

nice post Jim!

Comment

nice post Jim!
                ...thanks ELD that is very kind of you!
                Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marling View Post
                  (1) Halifax Credit Card

start : feb 2006
                  bal : £9638
                  last full : may 2008
                  present : not paying
                  dca : iqor

july retail bank - full payment
                  decem retail bank - trying to contact
                  may moorcroft - last 3 payments made on card request
                  june moorcroft - 75% offer
                  novem moorcroft - default cccs
                  jan capquest - referred
                  feb hl legal solic - take notice
                  mar capquest - ltr before action
                  apr capquest - doorstep threat
                  may wescot - instructed
                  june nelson guest - instructed by wescot
                  july nelson - discount offer
                  july wescot - doorstep threat
                  sept iqor - referred
                  novem gbp solic - legal pending iqor
                  Well it seems you have been on the DCA merry-go-round! I guess you've had a lot of threats and felt like **** as a result. That's how I used to feel.

Have you sent off for the CCA?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
                    Welcome Marling you are in the right place.

I am also new but I have learned a lot in the last 3 months. I would offer the following that has helped me.

1. Perform all correspondence with creditors in writing only.
                    2. If you have not already done so then setup a lever arch file where you can keep all paperwork.
                    3. Send all mail Recorded delivery and staple all proof of postage to the letters.
                    4. Never speak with them via phone and ignore home viisits. Under no circumstances allow them entry to your home. I suggest sending Harassment by Telephone and also Harassment and threat of Doorstep visit(if they threaten a visit)This may seem like overkill but it gives you peace of mind valuable time to think and relax.
                    5. Listen to the advice from Niddy and his crew. Trust them 100% and follow their advice even if you feel unsure. if you do feel unsure then simply ask for clarification and then follow the advice. I have done so it has changed my life immeasurably for the better!
                    6. Relax.......this seems hard I know but having read your posts it appears your debts are on Credit Cards and/or loans. I would just ask are the loans secured?
                    7. Ask for advice and join in with the chat on the forum as it will help you to realise there is a life to be had and being in debt is not a crime!!
                    MJ
                    Welcome Marling you are in the right place here, well put Maujim we are also quite new to this and the help and support you get here has enabled us to stop worrying and losing sleep over debts,you think theres only you in that position, but you soon learn that debt is not a crime.
                    Last edited by what2donext; 29 August 2011, 16:28.

Comment

Hiya

Can you please ignore the agreements you have, ie the originals, keep them separate for now and request a CCA for all consumer credit accounts excluding the ones listed below CCA Request

Regards the Wembley thing - I'm not too sure about that, you'll need to elaborate somewhat - i'll get round to checking PM's later but for now, concentrate on sending a CCA to each of the creditors listed in your diary with the exception of Wembley and the doorstep loans - yes, send one for the O'D as well (albeit a waste of time, they sometimes write the balance off if they notice faulty paperwork)....

Then update us as and when you get any replies...... Obviously you realise your credit file will be blown, sod this right now. Obviously it's up to you if stop all payments, it may be an idea to - so you can take stock of things.

Regards to the older accounts that you've had no contact with, it's best to continue to ignore them - ok, change of plan, bear with me as to make things easier I will quote each of your posts and clarify what is best to do....

Wait a few mins before posting!
                      Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 10 January 2012, 08:18.
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

(1) Halifax Credit Card

start : feb 2006
                        bal : £9500
                        dca : iqor

june iqor - 50% settlement
                        Send off for a CCA Request
                        Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 10 January 2012, 08:19.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

(2) Lloyds credit card

start : not sure / pre 2007
                          bal : £6000
                          present : £5 door colection
                          dca : moorcroft

apr midas credit - litigation / part of moocroft
                          Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 10 January 2012, 08:21.

Comment

(3) Amex credit card

bal : £5000
                            dca : moorcroft

jan rma - bankruptcy threat
                            feb moorcroft - intend litigation
                            apr moorcroft - intended litigation
                            may morrcroft - discount offer
                            Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 10 January 2012, 08:21.

Comment

(4) Egg credit card

start : sept 2001
                              bal : £4000
                              present : £5 online payment
                              status : default(have letter) / have original agreement
                              dca : dlc

may dlc - made £5 pm offer
                              aug dlc - failed to pay
                              Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 10 January 2012, 08:22.

Comment

(5) Mint credit card

bal : £3000
                                present : £5 online payment
                                dca : scotcall

feb regal credit - notice
                                mar regal cedit - 7 day notice
                                may scotcall - doorstep threat
                                june scotcall - i agree £5pm via online
                                Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 10 January 2012, 08:22.

Comment

Working...
                                X