GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script nanna58 UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nanna58 UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: nanna58 UE Diary

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
    The above letter was posted yesterday.

On 20 Nov freds wrote saying they are keeping acouint on hold till 13 Dec 2012

Today i have had letter before action from them giving me 7 days to pay .

They outline court procedings and xtra costs, i realise that my response is not there yet , but i am having a major flap.

Cheers xx
    Freds have pulled a similar stunt on this thread -

Which Way to Go? - Page 7 - allaboutFORUMS

although in that case they've threatened the OP after already telling them that they had returned the alleged account to the original creditor.

I'd respond to the threat you've just received in the appropriate manner, with this -

Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action

SH

Comment

many thanks
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

the above letter is printed and ready to go
        Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
        Freds have pulled a similar stunt on this thread -

Which Way to Go? - Page 7 - allaboutFORUMS

although in that case they've threatened the OP after already telling them that they had returned the alleged account to the original creditor.

I'd respond to the threat you've just received in the appropriate manner, with this -

Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action

SH
        many thanks
        Make sure you send it a bit earlier this time.........
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just printed it out now but it will have to be monday as po closed here.Curious , can i make a point of crappy 1 telling me that they do not keep the original agreements?

Comment

still flapping

Comment

Just printed it out now but it will have to be monday as po closed here.Curious , can i make a point of crappy 1 telling me that they do not keep the original agreements?
              still flapping

Stop flapping nanna!

Send the letter that SH said and wait for them to get back to you.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

sent off reply to LBA letter today also included tele harassment wiyh site phone number

Comment

sorry to be a pain, have been trying to findout what the outcome maybe from Freds with regard to my reply to LBA letter recieved from them. I am quite worried about this the very mention of court fills me with dread ,any ideas anyone thankyou (pls dont shout at me) xx

Comment

Calm down there. Easier said than done I know.

Like all things its impossible to predict what any of these clowns will do.

Just chill and wait the reply. We cant do anything till then.

Comment

sorry to be a pain, have been trying to findout what the outcome maybe from Freds with regard to my reply to LBA letter recieved from them. I am quite worried about this the very mention of court fills me with dread ,any ideas anyone thankyou (pls dont shout at me) xx
                      It is impossible to predict with any accuracy what any human being will do, as they are all given their own volition. It is possible that when I get on the bus tomorrow morning, there will be a thug waiting for me with a gun or a knife. None of us is ever safe at any point in time.

All we can do is use the balance of probabilities. I have been on countless buses in my lifetime, and no-one has pulled such a stunt yet. The experiences of other travellers also suggests that it is a rarity.

In this case, Freds have sent a letter headed "Letter Before Action", but have then continued to write in an extremely unprofessional manner, suggesting that it may be a bluff. Several other posters on this site have received exactly the same letter, and have responded in the same way you have. So far, none of them have ended up in a court room.

The only fact which is certain is that worrying will not change the outcome whatever it may turn out to be. Try to be patient. Getting out of any debt situation takes a lot of time, and you will have to weather a lot of threats. Most of these are never actioned, and are only designed to frighten you.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                        In this case, Freds have sent a letter headed "Letter Before Action", but have then continued to write in an extremely unprofessional manner, suggesting that it may be a bluff. Several other posters on this site have received exactly the same letter, and have responded in the same way you have. So far, none of them have ended up in a court room.

The only fact which is certain is that worrying will not change the outcome whatever it may turn out to be. Try to be patient. Getting out of any debt situation takes a lot of time, and you will have to weather a lot of threats. Most of these are never actioned, and are only designed to frighten you.

SH
                        Hi Nanna

So without wanting to give you and wrong impression I have come across Freds before, and have received the 'letter before action' letter, only for them to hand the account back to the OC when they received resistance.

As you've not posted the exact wording of Freds its difficult to assess as to whether there is any real threat to it but its a typical scumbag tactic to talk about court, associated costs etc to frighten people.

Best
                        SnV
                        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

I had an LBA from Fred's for a Barclaycard, it's so long ago I would need to delve deep into the files to find it, anyway, got a letter from Freds on Monday to say they were closing and passing back, I had completely forgotten about it, so try not to worry nanna...............

Comment

Freds have passed account back to Cap 1 and confrim on hold. Mind you they said this before and sent me the LBA so lets hope they go away for now.
                            thanx for the comments xxx

Comment

Fred!s run very quick, they did after a letter from me on behalf of my daughter, no fight there, mind you if they continued a counterclaim could of cost them, they really should amend templates before sending them out as some situation differ, and wording (threats) in content are harassment to the actual situation,

Comment

thanks TC that should be TopCat

Comment

Working...
                                X