GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script nanna58 UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nanna58 UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: nanna58 UE Diary

Re Capital One

CSL chasing SWID sent 20.8.2013

From P2C today

we have been instructed by our client to visit your address to collect the above debt as you have ignored requests to contact them.

they then list visit days

I can contact CSL within 72 hrs to avoid action
    thank you
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

refer the numpties to your previous letter, a curt one liner is fine

or you could let them turn up (bearing in mind they almost never appear)and set Mr Nanna on them with a water pistol or you could just hit them with the pole

Comment

any ideas what to write as I do not want to put the wrong thing.... and don't think 2 words are quite enough ( sorry to be thick)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

What about "Please refer to the letter you received on ( forgot date) and note the account is in dispute with capital one" and I will enclose a doorstep letter also a telephone harassment as CSL keep leaving messages.THEY ARE NOT HAVING MY DOORSTEP

Comment

I'd be much more brief, your too polite

Your threatening letter of blah is received on blah. May I refer you to my letter of blah and suggest you read this carefully.

love and kisses Nanna

Comment

doorstep letter and a 1 liner ready to go xx

Comment

Re Capital One

Dispute letter sent to CSL on 20 .8 2013.
                received reply today from CSL "please note until a fee is received we cannot process your request and collection activity will continue" ???

Doorstep letter and 1 liner "to refer to dispute letter previously sent" in reply to Power to contact doorstep threat.

From Cougar Financial today ( same address as CSL)

With reference to your letter received on 4.9.2013.Please note that you are not correct in in your assertion that, under OFT rules we can only visit your home if you agree to make an appointment. The debt is not reasonably disputed or deadlocked and we are giving you reasonable notice of the timing of the intended visit.
                In law a creditor is in a different position to a postman or member of the public asking for directions. When you opened the account you impliedly agreed that the creditor could communicate with you to discuss repayment. You do not have the fcontrctual right to revoke that agreement until the debt is repaid

Comment

they also say I am incorrect The Armstrong v Sheppard (1959) refusal can only come from the court.Therefore a doorstep visit may be a viable option to discuss payment.
                  sorry I had to split it up as I was not allowed to post for some reason. cheers

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                    Re Capital One

Dispute letter sent to CSL on 20 .8 2013.
                    received reply today from CSL "please note until a fee is received we cannot process your request and collection activity will continue" ???

Doorstep letter and 1 liner "to refer to dispute letter previously sent" in reply to Power to contact doorstep threat.

From Cougar Financial today ( same address as CSL)

With reference to your letter received on 4.9.2013.Please note that you are not correct in in your assertion that, under OFT rules we can only visit your home if you agree to make an appointment. The debt is not reasonably disputed or deadlocked and we are giving you reasonable notice of the timing of the intended visit.
                    In law a creditor is in a different position to a postman or member of the public asking for directions. When you opened the account you impliedly agreed that the creditor could communicate with you to discuss repayment. You do not have the fcontrctual right to revoke that agreement until the debt is repaid
                    Hi Nana

I had a similar response from a different co to my standard Doorstep letter, so I sent them the following -

"I refer to your letter dated xxxxxx. I note that you are saying that you are not bound by the law .

As you have a Consumer Credit Licence issued by the Office of Fair Trading, I presume that you are aware of the guidance contained in their document OFT664 as updated November 2011.

I would draw your attention to the following extracts:-

UNFAIR OR IMPROPER BUSINESS PRACTICES

False representation of authority and/or legal position: businesses
                    should accurately and truthfully represent their authority/status and
                    the correct legal position with regard to debts and the debt recovery
                    process

Communication

It is unfair to communicate with debtors, or their representatives, in
                    whatever form, in an unclear, inaccurate or misleading manner.

Be advised that this alleged debt is already in formal dispute with the alleged creditor (in case they did not so inform you), so I would also draw your attention to a further extract from the OFT guidance.

Debt collection visits

Examples of unfair or improper practices are:

visiting or 'threatening' to visit a debtor, without his prior agreement, when
                    the debt is deadlocked or reasonably queried or disputed

not giving adequate notice to the debtor of the time and date of a visit

Please be advised that any harassment by yourselves and breaches of any of the OFT guidelines will be the subject of formal complaints to the OFT and the FOS.

I therefore suggest that you to close your file and return the account to your client.

Yours faithfully"

The next letter I had from them said that they were no longer currently dealing and all correspondence had been referred back to their client.

Hope this helps
                    Last edited by Still Waving; 6 September 2013, 11:54.

Comment

many thanks mate xx

Comment

I was also wondering if it is now time to reapply for my PPI that the FOS did not uphold due to time lines?I do have a copy of the "do you want PPI" with a tick in the no box when I challenged them they said I agreed on the phone (no Way) I then asked them to send me a copy of the tape they wrote back saying they do not keep tapes.cheers x

Comment

WHOOPIE I had a letter from CSL "our client is offering a 40% discount" and I can call them

Comment

I am happy to send as post 459 if that would be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                              WHOOPIE I had a letter from CSL "our client is offering a 40% discount" and I can call them
                              Obviously ignore this one nanna

Comment

think I will ignore the 3 I had in the past week as they are all informative really and as far as I can see contain no real threat.Should any one turn up to collect my doorstep they can sod off ..xx

Comment

Working...
                                X