GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script enoughisenough's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

enoughisenough's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: enoughisenough's UE Diary

Originally posted by enoughisenough View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder how many different variations of possible litigation letters there are! Even from the same DCA...

In reply to my threat of litigation letter, MDR working for NatWest (no. 2 in my list) have sent me another version of their threat of litigation letter. To give them the benefit of the doubt, I'll send them the threat of litigation letter again.
    It may have crossed in the post - but yea, ensire they have a copy of this: ---> Threat by Lender/D.C.A - To Commence Litigation letter
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yesterday Letter from Lewis re: no. 8 in my list MBNA/Virgin... we acknowledge your complaint! Hooray, it's only taken them about 8 months to do that!!!

Plus received a letter from MDR - ref Natwest no.2 in list... we acknowledge your letter and the account is on hold while we investigate... so the letters did cross in the post! My faith in their ability is restored!

And... then this morning, RobWay (former HFC no. 4) write to tell me that they are entitled to pursue the debt, even if it's UE. Fair enough, but stop with the threat of court letters!!!

Ignoring all these!!
      Yep, ignore all of them. Well done, see - not that stressful really was it?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks! Welcome home! Hope you are suitably refreshed...

Had two letters today. One from MDR - dealing with NatWest (no. 2 in my list) saying, that I have to contact NatWest directly to make a CCA request. They obviously haven't read my letter because the state of play with NatWest is that they have sent a copy agreement and my reply to that in september was the CCA Query Copy Document sent letter. Since then Triton threatened legals and now it seems that NatWest have passed it to MDR instead. Do I need to send them a letter pointing out the idiocy of their ways and that if they'd read the file then they'd know that I have sent a CCA request already and am disputing the copy document!!!!

Second letter is from Howard Cohen solicitors for CL Finance (former HSBC overdraft) no. 5 in my list - standard notice of pending legal action letter. I've been trying to negotiate an F&F with CL and they have asked for a statement of means form to be completed and proof sent through before they'll consider any offer. I first sent them a print out of my budget, which they didn't accept and asked for the form to be completed. So I copied the same info into their form and sent it off yesterday! Shall I wait for a few days before writing to the solicitors? It seems like it's just part of their aggravation process! I know it's not quite UE, but though you might have a quick pointer for me! Oh yes, and evenlessdopey suggested I offer them 50p a month as a token payment as there is no spare money to give them...

Ta.
        Last edited by enoughisenough; 30 March 2011, 14:05.
        Nuff says... "Don't take yourself too seriously!"

10 loans/credit cards - 3 confirmed UE, 3 recon/copy received, 3 not received a CCA reply, 1 might be enforceable

Comment

Thanks! Welcome home! Hope you are suitably refreshed...
          I wanna go back......

One from MDR - dealing with NatWest (no. 2 in my list) saying, that I have to contact NatWest directly to make a CCA request. They obviously haven't read my letter because the state of play with NatWest is that they have sent a copy agreement and my reply to that in september was the CCA Query Copy Document sent letter. Since then Triton threatened legals and now it seems that NatWest have passed it to MDR instead. Do I need to send them a letter pointing out the idiocy of their ways and that if they'd read the file then they'd know that I have sent a CCA request already and am disputing the copy document!!!!
          No, you can ignore this totally for now - let us know if they send anything else.

Second letter is from Howard Cohen solicitors for CL Finance (former HSBC overdraft) no. 5 in my list - standard notice of pending legal action letter. I've been trying to negotiate an F&F with CL and they have asked for a statement of means form to be completed and proof sent through before they'll consider any offer. I first sent them a print out of my budget, which they didn't accept and asked for the form to be completed. So I copied the same info into their form and sent it off yesterday! Shall I wait for a few days before writing to the solicitors?
          Yes, just wait as things may have crossed in the post you see....

It seems like it's just part of their aggravation process! I know it's not quite UE, but though you might have a quick pointer for me! Oh yes, and evenlessdopey suggested I offer them 50p a month as a token payment as there is no spare money to give them...
          Hmmm, if you have no spare money then let them take action and get a redetermination - so for the moment you need to kinda wait for the time being and see what they actually do!

Comment

Thanks for all that!!

I'm not really keen on getting a CCJ, which I think is where the redetermination bit comes in...? It'd be obviously much easier if they'd accept the offer! Do you think it would help to send them a copy of my benefits letter, thus proving my income? Cheers!

Edit:

Just Received a CCA from Link (no.3 in my list) formerly Cahoot. Link previously said that they couldn't get the document and that it was UE, unless they could provide a recon to make it enforceable again. Not sure whether this is a recon or not, will email it for your perusal! Thanks.
            Last edited by enoughisenough; 31 March 2011, 11:05.

10 loans/credit cards - 3 confirmed UE, 3 recon/copy received, 3 not received a CCA reply, 1 might be enforceable

Comment

Thanks for all that!!

I'm not really keen on getting a CCJ, which I think is where the redetermination bit comes in...? It'd be obviously much easier if they'd accept the offer! Do you think it would help to send them a copy of my benefits letter, thus proving my income? Cheers!
              It may be easier to do that then, send them proper proof - however they are scum and won't pay much attention - you could utilise Financial Hardship - have a chat with Gerry (one of the mods here) - she'll guide you

Comment

Edit:

Just Received a CCA from Link (no.3 in my list) formerly Cahoot. Link previously said that they couldn't get the document and that it was UE, unless they could provide a recon to make it enforceable again. Not sure whether this is a recon or not, will email it for your perusal! Thanks.

Comment

Another letter today from Apex (no.3 in my list) - disappointment at my not contacting them. They also phone a fair bit yesterday! I'm wondering if there's a nice complaint letter I can send, seeing as they stated in their letter yesterday (dated 29th March) that they would be contacting me in 5 days if they hadn't heard from me! Don't expect them to lie now do we?!!!

Comment

Well, CL Finance (via their parent lewis group) informed me this morning that they would accept £606.60 as a F&F settlement. It's pretty obvious they can't read. I wonder why we bother sending them letters at all!!!!! Anyhow, I'm going to offer them 50p a month - is that enough for a token payment to keep them at bay? I'll also offer them the £100 again - seeing as my mum can't afford any more, may as well give them another shot! I really want to be rude in the letter, but I guess that won't really help!! Have had a quick look at financial hardship, will spend more time in the info later to see if I can make head or tail of it! Cheers!

Lastly, I sent a CCA to you (re. cahoot no. 3 in my list) - wanted to make sure you'd got it and that enough of it is readable? I can rescan in higher res if it helps. Thanks.
                    Last edited by enoughisenough; 2 April 2011, 12:41.

Comment

Another letter today from Apex (no.3 in my list) - disappointment at my not contacting them. They also phone a fair bit yesterday! I'm wondering if there's a nice complaint letter I can send, seeing as they stated in their letter yesterday (dated 29th March) that they would be contacting me in 5 days if they hadn't heard from me! Don't expect them to lie now do we?!!!
                      Hang on, let me check the agreement etc first - back later

Comment

Well, CL Finance (via their parent lewis group) informed me this morning that they would accept £606.60 as a F&F settlement. It's pretty obvious they can't read. I wonder why we bother sending them letters at all!!!!! Anyhow, I'm going to offer them 50p a month - is that enough for a token payment to keep them at bay? I'll also offer them the £100 again - seeing as my mum can't afford any more, may as well give them another shot! I really want to be rude in the letter, but I guess that won't really help!! Have had a quick look at financial hardship, will spend more time in the info later to see if I can make head or tail of it! Cheers!
                        I'd just send previous letters again, with the same old offers on. If they constantly refuse/ignore you then what are you meant to do - you're trying - right?

Don't get gobby just yet - it's not worth rubbing them up the wrong way!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          I'd just send previous letters again, with the same old offers on. If they constantly refuse/ignore you then what are you meant to do - you're trying - right?

Don't get gobby just yet - it's not worth rubbing them up the wrong way!
                          Mmm... like your style!!! In an offer letter, am I supposed to offer x as a lump sum or x as a monthly payment? Or is it sufficient to just keep offering the lump sum?

Comment

Mmm... like your style!!! In an offer letter, am I supposed to offer x as a lump sum or x as a monthly payment? Or is it sufficient to just keep offering the lump sum?
                            Consider a full lump sum and if they decline, then a silly monthly offer.....

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              Hang on, let me check the agreement etc first - back later
                              Hi Nid,

Any news on the agreement I sent through on 31st March? I know you must have loads to do!!!

Comment

Hi Nid,

Any news on the agreement I sent through on 31st March? I know you must have loads to do!!!
                                Sorry, can you please resend it - i'm totally confused now - i've cleared most the inbox, however if you can it'd be easier to use the new upload section here (click the heading Upload your CCA / Terms): ---> Secure / Protected Content

Comment

Working...
                                X