GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Zeppelin's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zeppelin's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeppelin's UE Diary

Hi.

Some of the UE Diaries start with some background whilst others don't seem to but I reckoned I should provide some background, partly as it might help other forum readers and partly to give Niddy and the other advisers relevant background details on specific debts.

I have multiple debt accounts, all credit cards, all pre2007. All accounts defaulted between September 2009 and June 2010 and with one exception where Barclaycard placed a later default date on my credit file than should have been the case, have now been removed. The Barclaycard account will however disappear from the credit file this May.

I think I became addicted to credit cards in effect: I'd always had one or two (literally) from around 1991 and managed them sensibly; from around mid 1997 however I started to apply for other cards for no good reason at all - I didn't need access to more money and didn't have any other excuse. This steadily got worse and by 2002 I was applying for another card very regularly without ever being turned-down. By 2004 I almost never bothered to even look at my on-line bank account and often forgot to check it even around pay-day. By then I was starting to withdraw money with the credit cards and write cheques drawn from CC accounts to pay-off another CC accounts whilst still applying for new ones - again without ever being turned-down. I switched providers where they had a good or better rate frequently and STILL retained the card I'd just paid-off. All the (I think) usual bad behaviours. By September 2009 even I had had enough though and stopped paying them the monthly amount, although I did so fairly steadily. A tidal wave of paper and 'phonecalls ensued, all of which I fought-off with pro-rata agreements and some input from National Debt Line. I've continued to pay them all ever since.

Until that is I read about UE last December. Even then however, my own path to AAD was via MSE Forums and that two dogs site (the one Niddy doesn't approve of!!) although it was through the latter I met a contact who told me about AAD and here I am. AAD is without a doubt the best, most comprehensive and in particular the most helpful debt site I've encountered and I only wish I'd discovered it years ago.

After swamping Niddy with some early queries I've got quite a bit of catching-up with my UE Diary but will do so over the next few days.
    Last edited by Zeppelin; 19 February 2017, 09:08.

Re: Zeppelin's UE Diary

At least you got here in the end Zeppelin.

I was a member of another site (not any of the one's you mention) and it took several attempts by members that had emigrated over here, to get a message to me that wasn't doctored!

The help here is fantastic and there's always plenty of support too.

Can I just say it's easier to read posts if there are more paragraphs to split it up a bit.

I keep reading the same lines over again!

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...eability-Diary

I've finally got the to the end of my battle, as you will see if you read through my UE diary, it's not always been easy and I can't deny I did have some stressful moments but the members here help to calm you down and stop panicking!

Comment

Zeppelin's UE Diary

1. BARCLAYCARD 2002 (several Barclaycard accounts so naming them like this for ID)

Barclaycard credit card account
      Pre-April 2007
      Balance: £2,970
      Date of last full payment: late 2009
      Recently stopped paying the DCA
      Account Owner: Arrow Global (via Debt Managers)

DM wrote in December 2016 that they're still waiting on AG sending the original agreement.The initial CCA request wasn't as per the AAD template and have now sent them a "proper" CCA request to ensure compliance.
      25/2/17: "Proper" CCA request sent to DM.
      10/3/17: DM reply received - request referred to their client (Arrow Global)
      19/3/2017: No further response from DM or AG. Although I was tempted to chase-up to try to force UE I'm leaving well alone following advice on AAD+ !!
      7/4/2017: Reply received from Arrow Global. They acknowledge the CCA request but ...."do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. We will now process your request for documentation from the creditor and will revert in due course". They've confirmed all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documents and returned the £1.00 PO.
      I'm not sure what's going on here as DM referred to AG as "their client". If Barclaycard still owns the debt then hopefully they won't have the original documentation one of my other Barclaycard accounts is an example. Also, the envelope their letter came in has a return address which I'm sure is Cap Quest's address. Cap Quest aren't mentioned in any way on the AG letter however, though I think they're part of the AG Group.

13/6/2017: Letter from Barclaycard. Some docs. enclosed though Barclaycard state ....." we need to advise you that regrettably, we are currently unable to fulfil your request. As such, we are not currently able to enforce our agreement with you and the agreement will remain unenforceable until such time as we are able to fulfil your request".
      ?
      4/7/2017: Letter from Arrow Global: ......."we still await receipt of copy documentation from the OC. The account will continue to be placed on hold pending the documentation". As the OC has already said the account is UE Arrow's letter seems superfluous.
      29/9/2017: Further letter from Arrow. Standard letter to the effect they're still waiting on receipt of copy documentation from the OC. Nothing further from Barclaycard - refer to the above post on 13/6/2017.
      8/11/2017: Another letter from Arrow ... "currently unable to revert to the OC to obtain the documents you need ..... we acknowledge that until we do the account is UE".

16/1/2019: "Remediation of Account" letter received from Arrow Global. "We have completed a full review of your account and identified that we haven't provided you with regular statements from 30th May 2012 until 30th November 2018. To remedy this oversight, we enclose a statement which covers the full period set out above"...…… "This remediation exercise in no way affects the balance of your account etc, etc". Filed.
      3/1/2020: "Periodic Statement" from Arrow Global. Filed.
      23/12/2020: Periodic Statement received from Arrow Global. Filed.
      22/10/2021: Periodic Statement received from Arrow Global. Filed.
      29/3/2022: Periodic Statement received from Arrow Global. Filed.
      30/8/2022: Periodic Statement received from Arrow Global. Filed.
      2/12/2022: In replying to a letter of complaint re Account 9 (Capitol 1 4547) CQ state they have closed this account "due to the age of the account". As such, no further communication expected from Arrow Global or CQ!!
      29/4/2023: ACCOUNT IS NOW SB.
      Last edited by Zeppelin; 29 April 2023, 13:18.

Comment

Sorry just seen mail & replied now. You should do a CCA Request for each debt and send the £1 fee. Whether they bank the fee or return it matters little; but to create a legally binding s.78 request you must make the request in writing with the fee so do this for each debt and we'll go from there as and when you get responses.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

2. MBNA (Account 1)

MBNA credit card account
          Pre-April 2007
          Balance: £6397.24
          Date of last full payment: Between Sept 2009 & June 2010
          Account Owner: PRA Group

13/2/2017: Accepted by PRA as UE. This following advice from Niddy. PRA might come back on this as they had some of the required CCA evidence.
          9/5/2017: Letter from PRA: "Could you settle your account" with three payment options included - Ignored.
          4/9/2017: Further letter from PRA identical to the one I received on 9th May. Filed.
          26/4/2018: Letter from PRA: "Could you settle your account"? Offering payment options and discounted payment offer. Filed.
          4/6/2018: Further letter from PRA - exactly the same as the one above. Filed.
          5/7/2018: Statement of Account received. Filed.
          4/8/2018: "Could you settle your account" letter from PRA. Filed.
          7/9/2018: Letter from PRA. Want me to contact them to set up an affordable repayment plan. This arrived at the same time as a letter for the other PRA account (No.3) so they're maybe having a general chase-up. Filed.
          19/11/2018: "Could you settle your account" letter received from PRA. Filed.
          21/12/2018: Further "could you settle your account" letter from PRA. Filed.
          7/2/2019: Yet another "Could you settle your account" letter from PRA. Filed.

14/3/2019: "Could you settle your account" letter from PRA. Filed.
          6/7/2019: Account Summary" received from PRA. No details on the summary other than Opening Balance, Total Payments Received and Balance Adjustments. Filed.
          13/12/2019: Chasing letter from PRA offering a one-off discount. Filed.
          10/2/2024: Letter received from PRA Group, entirely out of the blue. Exactly the same as the one recently received for Account No.3 other than no mention of U/E for this account. Filed.
          14/3/2024: Letter received from PRA; states "in order to comply with your obligations under the CCA 1974 we are providing you with a statement of account". Filed.
          Last edited by Zeppelin; 28 March 2024, 15:27.

Comment

3. MBNA (Account 2)

MBNA credit card account
            Pre-April 2007
            Balance: £9989.21
            Date of last full payment: Between Sept 2009 and June 2010
            Account Owner: PRA Group

Missing PT Template sent to PRA 18/2/2017 PRA sent confirmation received today (20/2/17) that debt is UE.
            16/3/17: Letter received from PRA which i'm sure has crossed in the post with my PT template letter of 18/2/17. PRA have treated my letter as a complaint and reference the FOS if I'm not satisfied as to the way they've managed the "complaint". They also mention they're still waiting on copies of statements from the original creditor and mention the Carey v HSBC case. I'm sure this is just a standard response to the PT template and nothing substantive has changed. PRA did confirm UE in their letter of 17/2/17.
            26/3/2018: Statement of Account received from PRA. Filed.
            11/6/2018: Letter from PRA Group. "Please find documentation received to date...." which is the same copy of the application form they sent on February 2017. Filed.
            7/9/2018: Letter from PRA with details of transactions on the account from March 1996 to October 2009. Their letter states they are awaiting further documents in order to complete my (CCA) request and states they currently deem the debt as UE. Filed.
            25/3/2019: "Account Summary" received from PRA. Also offers a repayment discount. Filed.
            3/2/2024: Letter from PRA Group received, entirely out of the blue. The letter states PRA Group (UK) Ltd recently transferred the account to PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd. Don't know why this has been done though the letter states the latter are now data controllers of the personal data for the account. The letter goes on to state the account is currently UE .... but the account remains payable. Filed.
            Last edited by Zeppelin; 6 February 2024, 16:05.

Comment

4. BARCLAYCARD 5006

Barclaycard credit card account
              Pre-April 2007
              Balance:£4,427
              Date of last full payment: Between Sept 2009 & June 2010
              Recently stopped paying the DCA )
              Account Owner: Link Financial

16/2/2017: Transferred by Barclaycard to Link Financial in Oct 2016 but UE as per AAD. The signature page mentions Term 16 but there is no Term 16. No reply sent by me: if they chase then send the Missing PT's template BUT DON'T TELL THEM WHAT'S MISSING OR THEY'LL REMEDY IT!!
              26/5/2017: "Statement of Account" letter received from Link. The letter gives "Notice of Sums in Arrears"; which covers the period from 30/9/2016 (the date on which the account was assigned to Link from Barclaycard). AAD+ advice was to wait until they get threatening before send them the Missing PT's letter so will do so.
              24/7/2017: Letter from Link. "Unfortunately as you have not advised us why you have stopped making payments we have cancelled your repayment plan ....... whilst we remain committed to recovering the debt my negotiation we will if needed pursue you through your local county court if you do not contact our office".
              28/7/2017: Missing PT's template letter sent to Link.
              5/8/2017: Two letters from Link. One states the outstanding balance with nothing else of any note; the other is ...."a list of all transactions that have been debited and credited to your account with Link". Not sure if Link intend this as a response to the Missing PT's letter though if so it's not adequate!
              27/10/2017: Statement of Account received from Link. Filed.
              20/1/2018: Standard chasing letter from Link. Filed.
              26/2/2018: Letter from Link offering monthly instalments by DD. Filed.
              3/5/2018: Statement of Account received from Link. Filed.

4/8/18: Letter from Link .. "we have not written to you for some time as we had to validate your address". Don't understand this! Link want me to contact them....." to confirm my intentions regarding the balance on your account". Filed.
              12/10/2018: Statement of Account from Link. Filed.
              4/5/2019: Statement of Account from Link. Filed.
              6/7/2019: Letter form Link: they want me to contact them to set up an affordable payment plan. Filed.
              25/10/2019: Statement of Account received from Link. Filed.
              16/4/2020: Statement of Account received from Link. Filed.
              31/10/2020: Statement of account received from Link. Filed.
              29/4/2022: Statement of account received from Link. Filed.
              25/8/2022: Letter received from Moorcroft stating the account has been passed to them and asking me to contact them. Seems odd this account should spring into life after being dormant for so long. Filed.
              3/9/2022: Further chasing letter from Moorcroft asking for payment proposals and threatening possible legal action if I don't contact them. Filed.
              17/9/2022: Chasing letter from Moorcroft asking me to contact them to set up a monthly instalment offer. Filed.
              3/10/2022: Chasing letter from Moorcroft. Filed.
              1/11/2022: Statement of Account received from Link. Filed.
              21/12/2022: Chasing letter from Moorcroft. Filed.
              27/2/2023: Letter from Link stating they've returned the account to Moorcroft with request to set-up a repayment plan. Filed.
              31/3/2023: Letter from Link asking me to contact them. Filed. NOTE: The account is now SB. (Back from holiday on 30th March, letter dated 13th March).
              1/4/2023: Two further identical letters from Link asking me to contact them. Filed.
              4/5/2023: Statement of Account received from Link. Also asks me to contact them. Filed.
              Last edited by Zeppelin; 4 May 2023, 16:35.

Comment

5. BANK OF SCOTLAND

BoS credit card account
                Pre-April 2007
                Balance: £12,142
                Account Owner: Apex Credit Management (Cabot)

CCA letter to Apex 20/2/2017. Reply eventually received from Cabot 16/2/2017 saying they don't have authority to correspond with me. (The account was in my second Christian name which I'm always called although I sent the CCA letter in my first Christian name). CCA request sent in the "correct name" 20/2/2017).
                28/2/17: Reply from Cabot: "Change of name noted". 28/2/17 Reply received from Cabot .. requested the relevant details .... "which will include a copy of the credit agreement, statement of account and original and varied terms and conditions from the OC". They hope to have the info in 40 days. 40 days = 3 April 2017. Cabot acknowledge the account is TEMPORARILY UE
                13/4/2017: No further contact from Cabot or OC as yet.
                17/5/2017: Letter from Cabot: .... we have decided we would like to work with you directly and have asked them (Apex) to return the account to us". Cabot want me to contact them to set up a Personal Payment Plan etc. As Cabot are still in default re CCA docs and this is the first letter from Cabot since 28/2/17 letter filed.
                9/6/2017: Further letter from Cabot ..... "your account has been returned to us and we're still waiting to hear from you" Filed.
                10/7/2017: General letter from Cabot.... "We would like to help you set up a repayment plan..." Filed.
                27/7/2017: Also refer to UE diary No.6. Letter from Cabot: They've tried to call me seven times in relation to the BoS account and accept this was in error as they missed this account when they should invalidated my telephone number in relation to ALL accounts which they confirm they have now done. Cabot have reduced the balance on this account by £50 in recognition of any upset caused.

2/8/2017: Standard chasing letter from Cabot .... "and are prepared to reduce the balance in order to help you ...". Still no sign of any response to the CCA request. Filed.
                6/9/2017: General chasing letter received from Cabot. Still no CCA evidence produced. Filed.

29/9/2017: Further chasing letter from Cabot, very similar to the previous one dated 6/9/2017. Was initially tempted to send them a response along the lines suggested by another Forum user (shown below) but as the letter isn't particularly threatening I've ignored it for the moment. No CCA evidence received as yet. "Not sure what you mean by TOG, but definitely do not send the LBA letter - not appropriate to the present situation. I would do as suggested, a short letter reminding them of the contents of their letter dated xx/xx/xx, where they said "temporarily UE" until they had the necessary documentation - BUT maybe not until they get a bit stronger".
                20/11/2017: Standard chasing letter from Cabot .... "A new approach" basically wanting me to contact them. Filed.
                21/12/2017: Chasing letter from Cabot describing repayment options. Filed.
                19/1/2018: Letter from Cabot saying they are considering sending the account to an external DCA? Cabot acknowledged on 28/2/17 that the account was UE. The letter offers potential discounts and repayment plans. Filed.
                Last edited by Zeppelin; 29 April 2023, 13:20.

Comment

6. LLOYDS

Lloyds credit card account
                  Pre-April 2007
                  Balance: £1429
                  Recently stopped paying the DCA:
                  Account Owner: Debt Managers Ltd on behalf of Cabot Financial.

CCA letter to DM 20/1/2017 and acknowledgement received 27/2/2017 saying they've referred it to Cabot. Letter received from Cabot dated 30/1/2017 acknowledging
                  "TEMPORARILY UE"stating they hope to have the evidence within 40 days. Not sure if I wait until I hear further or if this needs me to send Cabot a further template.
                  19/3/2017: No further response from Cabot. Although I was tempted to chase-up to try to force UE I'm leaving well alone following advice on AAD+ !! (The 40 days Cabot referred to was up on 13 March 2017)
                  13/4/2017: No further contact from Cabot or OC as yet.
                  12/5/2017: Letter from Cabot - "Your account was being managed by an agent of ours: we have decided we would like to work with you directly and have asked them to return it to us". Filed.
                  5/6/2017: Another Cabot letter: "Welcome back to Cabot". Your account has been returned to us and we're still waiting to hear from you. We know you've previously made payments on this account with our agent and would like to help you into one of our special Personal Payment Plans". Some generic stuff after that. No one has yet responded to the original CCA request and I think the SWID letter will be appropriate as a response once someone more threatening arrives. Filed. Cabot have now also started calling on the landline and leaving messages. Two calls to date of which I'm keeping a record. Not sure if they are calling in relation to this account (I have a few accounts with Cabot).
                  10/6/2017: Five calls now received with messages left asking me to contact Cabot. Harassment template letter sent 10/6/2017.
                  28/6/2017: Letter from Cabot dated 20 June: they maintain they're within their rights to contact me as per section 10(2) Data Protection Act 1998. However they add ... "I have nonetheless removed your contact numbers and requested contact to you be in writing only". Despite this 3 calls have been received from them since the date of their letter. If calls don't stop completely in the next day or two I'll contact FOS.
                  13/7/2017: The calls from Cabot did stop, until today. It was probably in relation to one of the other accounts currently with Cabot. Further harassment letter sent 13/7/17 telling Cabot to stop ALL calls in relation to ALL accounts.
                  21/7/2017: General chasing letter from Cabot. Filed.

27/7/2017: Letter from Cabot in response to my letter of 13/7/2017 - see entry above. See UE Diary No.5
                  21/8/2017: Further fairly standard chasing letter from Cabot. Sill no evidence provided in response to CCA request. Think the Standard Threat-O-Gram letter would be appropriate but not sending it yet pending something more threatening.
                  17/9/2017: Cabot letter: ......."as a reasonable next action to recover the outstanding balance your account has been reviewed for legal action. You need to contact us within 28 days to prevent this from happening." Might now be a good time to send the STOG letter but will check with Niddy first. Later clarified through other forum users that the LBA letter isn't appropriate. Instead send Cabot a short letter reminding them they said the account is UE until they have the necessary documentation etc. (Refer to my filed documents).
                  3/10/2017: Statement of Account received from Cabot who state "no action is required". Filed.

8/11/2017: Chasing letter from Cabot ..... "A New Approach". Filed.
                  29/12/2017: Chasing letter from Cabot ..... "How we can Help". Filed.
                  18/2/2018: Chasing letter from Cabot, threatening to send the account to an external DCA and urging me to contact them within the next 14 days. Filed.
                  Last edited by Zeppelin; 29 April 2023, 13:21.

Comment

7. MARBLES

Marbles credit card account
                    Pre-April 2007
                    Balance: £9,548
                    Account Owner: Cap Quest

18/2/2017 CCA request sent. I had a case with the FOS about the default date being shown on my credit file in April 2016 that was only partly upheld.

22/2/2017 No response for this account though responses received for the other two (much smaller) Cap Quest accounts on the same day. See UE Diary entries 8 and 9.
                    25/2/2017 Response from Cap Quest: "We have forwarded your request for documentation to Marbles and will send this documentation as soon as we receive it". "Please be advised a deed of assignment is not applicable. However, please find the attached copy of the notice of assignment that was previously sent to you by our client".
                    19/3/2017: No further response from Cap Quest. Although I was tempted to chase-up to try to force UE I'm leaving well alone following advice on AAD+ !!

THE NOTE BELOW RELATES ONLY TO AN ISSUE ON MY EXPERIAN ACCOUNT FOR THIS EX MARBLES ACCOUNT
                    • Can you clarify, were you on a payment arrangement? So you say it was defaulted in 2009 - was that like actually defaulted as in you were served a section 87/88 notice or are you saying you seen an actual D marker registered against the account on your credit file?

I will take a stab at guessing you received a s.87 notice - this has no reflection on markers registered on your credit file. Explained here -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...87-s88-CCA1974

Reason I'm asking if you were on a payment plan between 2009-2012 is because if so, and the account was never recorded as being in default with the CRA's then they can mark it with AP / arrangement to pay markers.

However, if you've physically seen an actual default marker registered against the account between 2009-2012 then it would be totally unlawful to remove it / add a repayment marker then re-apply it. Nope. No can do.

Also read this as it kinda explains things too -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post588812

As an aside, if you've other debts then I'd not overly worry about defaults on credit files - and try to stop looking as it triggers an alert to DCA trace queries.
                      Having re-checked the FOS decision and some old account histories I got from Experian the Marbles account was never marked as having defaulted. In their decision FOS state......... Marbles informed me over the phone that its process at the time was to default the account once it was sold to a 3rd party (November 2012). FOS also found that Cap Quest should remove the information on my Experian account about being in a debt management plan through Stepchange from 1 December 2012.

I'm sure it would benefit me in the long run to have the account not shown as an "Active Account" on my Experian record as Cap Quest will mark it up as a missed payment each month. Having shown as a default will affect the overall credit score but the entry will be deleted in December 2018.

20/4/17: Letter to Cap Quest asking them to change this entry from an "Active Account" to show as a default. This is in line with the FOS decision in April 2016.Updated NOC to be added to my Experian account.
                      Still no response from Cap quest in relation to the CCA request.

20/5/2017: Reply from Cap Quest: ...."whilst out investigation is ongoing we regret we are unable to offer a full response at this time". We will confirm the outcome as soon as possible and in any event within 8 weeks of receipt of your complaint". (8 weeks will be around 20/6/2017). Also received a Notice of Sums in Arrears from Cap quest chasing-up the payments I haven't been making since sending the CCA request on 18/2/2017. No CCA documentation has been received.
                      25/5/17: reply sent to Cap Quest asking that two entries as shown for the account: one as the default from the OC followed by their entry following on immediately afterwards. (Thanks again to Niddy for input).
                      12/6/2017: Long response from CQ. Main points are: they say the account was sold to them as a live account; they say the entry on the Experian file doesn't imply I've access to a level of credit; they don't accept there should be two entries on the Experian file (presumably as they maintain it didn't default).
                      7/7/2017: Following discussion with Niddy SAR sent to New Card Ltd. Sent by Recorded Delivery.
                      16/7/2017: Letter from Cap Quest. Partial copy of some statements for the account and copy of application form. However, the OC has advised they are unable to provide T&Cs.
                      21/7/2017: Notice of Arrears received from CQ. The account is UE and the entry on Experian is incorrect. Still waiting on response from New Day to the SAR sent on 7/7/17.
                      17/8/2017: Cap quest letter: I haven't made the contractual monthly payments ..... they'd like to work with me to find an affordable solution .... they have an obligation to update my credit file. Still no T&Cs. Filed.
                      4/9/2017: Cap Quest: ".... we regret we have been unable to obtain a copy of the agreement ....... we acknowledge .... your account is UE. That does not mean the account has ceased to exist and we will continue to report the default ......". Filed.
                      23/10/17: "Account Termination" letter received from Cap Quest. "Full payment of your outstanding debt is now required within 14 days. We have written to you in the past to discuss making arrangements to repay your account. One of the next steps may be to pass your account to our solicitors to issue a claim against you in the County Court. If you do not have a clear defence to our claim, a judgement will be entered against you".
                      So far as I understand it, the debt would still be unenforceable as the OC has not been able to produce the T&Cs. Will check with the Forum however if there's any action I need to take now.

27/1/2018: Letter from Cap Quest .... "Please call us about the repayment of your account". "We haven't had any recent update from Stepchange Debt Charity regarding the solution of your account. We've tried to contact them but haven't been successful".
                      As previously notified to Cap Quest, neither this account or any other has ever been managed by Stepchange. The FOS decision mentioned elsewhere for this account held that the reference to Stepchange held on my credit accounts should be removed which has still not been done. Cap Quest have also not provided any documentation to change the status of the account from UE (see post dated 16/7/2017). Filed.

28/7/2018 Letter from Cap Quest ….. "thank you for making us aware of your concerns regarding your account". I assume this is related to the complaint I raised with FOS. Filed.
                      20/8/2018: Notification from FOS that they've upheld my complaint and have instructed Cap Quest to remove the default from my credit file 0n 26/11/2018 (6 years from the "agreed" date of default"). Letter also received from CQ to this effect with cheque for £100 by way of compensation.
                      9/8/2019: Letter from Cap Quest to settle the balance for £5729.05. Filed.
                      13/12/2019: Letter from Cap Quest offering discount of almost £4k. Filed.
                      28/6/2021: Letter from Cap Quest .... " We have not had any recent contact from your third party debt management company regarding the solution of your account. We have tried to contact them but have not been successful. We would therefore like been no activity on this account since CQ's letter of December 2019. Filed.
                      23/7/2021: Letter from Cap Quest asking me to contact them. A repeat of their letter of 28th June. Filed.
                      29/4/2023: ACCOUNT IS NOW SB

Last edited by Zeppelin; 29 April 2023, 13:22.

Comment

8. CAPITAL ONE 0848 (Account 1)

Capital One credit card account
                      Pre-April 2007
                      Balance: £2199

12/2/17 CCA request sent.
                      22/2/17 Reply received (2 copies). "I've recently raised a query ...... we've placed the account on hold for 28 days and contacted Capital One for further information. We'll let you know when we've received a reply from Capital One. If we haven't received a response by 17 March 2017 we'll write to provide you with an update".
                      9/3/2017: Further letter from Cap Quest - they've sent the request to Capital One and .... "will send this documentation to you as soon as we receive it". Now no mention of a definite timescale as suggested originally.

19/3/2017: No further response from Cap Quest. Although I was tempted to chase-up to try to force UE I'm leaving well alone following advice on AAD+ !!
                      27/3/2017: Two letters from Cap Quest: The first that they're still looking into my query and waiting on a response from Capital One. The second enclosing a load of "statements as I requested". A series of extracts from statements with details of date, payment due, credit limit and new balance.
                      4/4/2017: More documentation for Cap Quest: Original Agreement with 4 pages on the credit agreement, Default Agreement with several pages of documents. All sent to Niddy on 9/4/2017 for advice.
                      10/4/2017: Niddy has confirmed the account as UE. The wrong T&C have been sent.
                      Cap Quest haven't said the account is UE and I'm sure they will send further docs of one kind or another. However the account will still be UE as the wrong T&C have been sent.
                      12/5/2017: Cap Quest letter - We're still awaiting a response from Capital One. We're in regular contact and will let you know as soon as we have an update".
                      26/6/2019: Statement of Account from Cap Quest with covering letter saying that they haven't complied with the requirement to provide statutory notices about the status of the account. Exactly the same letter received for Account No.9 in my UE Diary. Filed.
                      22/8/2019: Letter from Cap Quest - they are instructing Resolvecall to visit. Harassment & Threat of Doorstep visit template letter sent to Cap Quest. (Same letter received for Account 9 below).
                      25/1/2020: Letter from Cap Quest stating that the management of the account has been transferred to Drydens Fairfax solicitors. Interesting that the account should be passed to a solicitors rather than a DCA. Filed. (Same letter received for Account No.9 below).
                      14/2/2020: Following receipt of a Letter of Claim from DF and a long and helpful discussion with DBM: Cap Quest are not now authorised by FCA. As such they cannot enforce proceedings (though DF may still try to take matters further). DBM advised to do nothing until and when DF make contact again. DPR response from Capital One contains some helpful data including an entry dated 10/3/17 that seems to suggest they issued a reconstituted Agreement.
                      13/3/2020: Nothing further received from DF though they have now sent a Letter of Claim in relation to the other account I had with Cap Quest - Account No.9 below.
                      9/6/2020: DF did take the case to court in April at which an extension was agreed for them to provide additional evidence. No further evidence was forthcoming however. JCS advised today that the Claimant has agreed to dismiss the claim. This means the account cannot be sold on to anyone else (though DF may try to chase it up again at some future point). If so contact JCS. RESULT!!
                      26/4/2021: Periodic statement received from Cap Quest. Filed.
                      24/9/2021: Periodic Statement received from Cap Quest. Filed. With Cap Quest's court case having failed I'm not sure they should be sending me documentation like this. Will post a query on AAD+.
                      5/9/2022: I sent Capquest a letter of complaint on 25th July about receiving any documentation for this account. Reply eventually received today confirming the account is now closed on their systems and they will no longer contact me to .... "pursue the debt". Filed.

2/12/2022: Letter from CQ in which they admit failure on their part to correctly update their records following the court case which was dismissed. (This in relation to Account 8 as well). They offer £100 by way of compensation, cheque to arrive within 15 days.

They also state that whilst reviewing the case, they have identified a Barclaycard account owned by Arrow Global (Account 1) which they have now closed due to the age of the account, in addition to Accounts 8 and 9.
                      I might still lodge a complaint to FOS.
                      Last edited by Zeppelin; 2 December 2022, 15:40.

Comment

9. CAPITAL ONE 4547 (Account 2)

Capital One credit card account
                        Pre-April 2007
                        Balance: £1945

12/2/2017 CCA request sent.
                        22/2/2017
                        Reply received (2 copies). "I've recently raised a query ...... we've placed the account on hold for 28 days and contacted Capital One for further information. We'll let you know when we've received a reply from Capital One. If we haven't received a response by 17 March 2017 we'll write to provide you with an update".
                        27/3/2017: Letter from Cap Quest saying they're still looking into the query and waiting on a response from Capital One.
                        12/4/2017: Numerous "copies of statements" received from Cap Quest incorporating details of: date, minimum payment due, credit limit and new balance. From October 1999 to February 2016 - they're not actual statements but details probably taken from old statements.

12/5/2017: Cap Quest letter - We're still awaiting a response from Capital One. We're in regular contact and will let you know as soon as we have an update".
                        24/6/2019: Statement of Account from Cap Quest with covering letter saying that they haven't complied with the requirement to provide statutory notices about the status of the account. Exactly the same letter received for Account No.8 in my UE Diary. Filed.
                        22/8/2019: Letter from Cap Quest - they are instructing Resolvecall to visit. Harassment & Threat of Doorstep visit template letter sent to Cap Quest. (Same letter received for Account 8 above).
                        25/1/2020: Letter from Cap Quest stating that the management of the account has been transferred to Drydens Fairfax solicitors. Interesting that the account should be passed to a solicitors rather than a DCA. Filed. (Same letter received for Account No.8 above).
                        29/1/2020: Letter from Drydens Fairfax received. (Nothing as yet for Account No.8). They state they've been instructed by Cap quest to obtain repayment of the full outstanding amount or take appropriate recovery action. They want repayment by 3/2/2020 and want me to contact them. I haven't heard of these solicitors before and will ask on AAD+.
                        13/3/2020: Letter of Claim received from DF. Exactly the same letter as sent for Account No.8 which DF didn't follow-up on (as predicted by DBM). E-Mail sent to DBM just to check though I'm sure I should just take no action for the same reasons as with Account No.8.
                        14/3/2020: Response to CCA request and "Account Statements" sent to DBM who will hold them pending any further contact from DF. (Nothing further received from DF for Account No. 8).
                        30/4/2020: Periodic Statement received from Cap Quest. Filed.
                        17/10/2020: Letter from DF stating they are recommencing action to recover the debt.
                        30/10/2020: Letter of Claim received from DF. No reply sent (see the AAD+ thread). E-mail to JCS asking them to represent me. This was a Pre Action in effect proposals to repay. Discussed with JCS. Filed.
                        11/12/2020: Actual Letter of Claim received with court papers for the County Court. JCS now engaged.
                        25/2/2021: JCS notified me that DF withdrew their claim yesterday. The account is wholly irrecoverable and unenforceable!!
                        26/4/2021: Periodic Statement received from Cap Quest. Filed.
                        25/4/2022: Periodic Statement received from Cap Quest. Filed. I don't think Cap quest should be sending me anything as their court claim was dismissed. I thought I'd agreed with JCS that they were going to submit a complaint to FOS about Cap Quest sending me any documentation for either this account or the other Capital One account (see UE diary No.8) but they never got back to me after agreeing the fee of £150 + VAT.
                        26/9/2022: Another Periodic Statement received from Cap Quest. Exactly the same as they sent for Account No. 8. Letter of complaint sent to CQ on 27/9/2022.
                        14/10/2022: Reply from CQ; very generic in content - states ..... "collection activity will be suspended on your account until we have received issued our final response" and ... " may be necessary to contact the originating client and/or our external agents for further information". When their final response is received submit a complaint to FOS in respect of BOTH this account and Account No. 8.
                        31/10/2022: Interim response from CQ .... "unable to provide our final response at this time...... we will confirm the outcome of our investigation as soon as possible and in any event within 8 weeks of receipt of your complaint".
                        2/12/2022: Letter from CQ in which they admit failure on their part to correctly update their records following the court case which was dismissed. (This in relation to Account 8 as well). They offer £100 by way of compensation, cheque to arrive within 15 days.
                        They also state that whilst reviewing the case, they have identified a Barclaycard account owned by Arrow Global (Account 1) which they have now closed due to the age of the account, in addition to Accounts 8 and 9.
                        I might still lodge a complaint to FOS.
                        Last edited by Zeppelin; 2 December 2022, 15:40.

Comment

10. EGG 2003 (ACCOUNT 1) REFER TO ACCOUNT No.11

Egg account (not sure if this was a credit card account or similar to M&S Personal Reserve)
                          Pre-April 2007
                          Balance: £5309
                          Date of last full payment; Between Sept 2009 and June 2010.
                          Account Owner: Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd

CCA request sent 18/22017. It's only now occurred to me that if this was a Personal Reserve type account then the CCA request may need a different approach. I had two Egg accounts and am sure at least one of them wasn't a typical credit card.

10/3/17: No response to the CCA request from Moorcroft although they have sent a letter chasing-up the normal monthly payment. Letter sent to Moorcroft 10/3/17 saying I'd prefer to wait on a response to my CCA request before considering the matter further.
                          17/3/2017: Letter from Moorcroft ..."we acknowledge that you have raised a query on this account - we will not contact you whilst the issue is being investigated - please be advised we will need to contact our client - this may take some time".
                          13/4/2017: No further response as yet. TEMPORARILY UE
                          10/5/2017: Letter received from Barclaycard (Not Moorcroft or Egg) saying .... "Your Barclaycard account has now been passed to AIC (UK) Ltd to manage your account on our behalf".

5/6/2017: Letter from AIC. "The account has been assigned to us from our client with regards to the non payment of the outstanding balance. We are unaware of any reason for the non payment and we encourage you to contact our office to resolve the outstanding matter in a timely manner etc etc". Neither Moorcroft, Barclaycard or anyone else has ever responded to the CCA request. Filed.
                          29/6/2017: Further letter from AIC ...... "This is your last chance to work together with us. It is in your best interest to come to a mutually acceptable agreement......". Still no response from anyone to my CCA request. Filed.
                          26/10/2017
                          : Letter received from Wescot (not AIC). Wescot state they've been instructed by Barclaycard to make contact. The CCA request (to which there's still been no response) was sent to Moorcroft originally. Might need to send Wescot the "sold in dispute template letter" but will leave it for the moment. (Also see account 11). Filed.
                          2/11/2017: Further letter from Wescot with red headings!! seems like a general chasing letter though at the top it states.....Our enquiries have indicated you are resident at the address above but have not yet agreed a solution for this account...". Although some of the content is on a red background the letter doesn't threaten legal action. Moorcroft or anyone else has never supplied any CCA evidence. Not sure if the "Sold In Dispute" template letter would be relevant now and will check on the AAD+ Forum.
                          8/11/2017: Confirmed with Forum members that I should just file the letter at the moment - wait to see what Wescot do etc.

14/11/2017: Reduced Settlement Offer from Wescot. Filed.
                          29/11/2017: Standard chasing letter from Wescot, non threatening headed .... "an opportunity to take control of this outstanding balance in a way that suits you". Filed.
                          9/12/2017: "Confirmation of Residency" letter from 2f (trading name of Wescot). "It is very important that you speak to us directly to resolve this issue". Filed.
                          21/12/2017: Card from 2F "Important Message" asking me to contact them. Filed.

14/9/2018: Letter from Barclaycard: They will soon be transferring the account to Hoist Finance UK Holdings 3 Limited who have chosen Robinson Way Ltd to act ion their behalf. Filed.
                          26/10/2018: Letter from Barclaycard confirming the above. Filed.
                          8/11/2018: Letter from Robinson Way asking me to contact them to set up a repayment plan. Filed.
                          19/11/2018: Chasing letter from RW. Filed.
                          15/12/2018: Further chasing letter from RW. Filed.
                          9/1/2019: "Pre-Legal Assessment" letter from RW. They go on to say … "We have assessed your account and established that it meets our initial criteria to be considered for legal action. If you do not contact us we will be forced to assess your account for litigation based on the information we currently hold for you. " Your account may be transferred to Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors in 10 days without any further notice.
                          14/1/2019: Checked with AAD+ and have sent RW the Account Sold in CCA Dispute template letter. Sent by RD 14/1/2019.
                          21/1/2019: Letter from RW dated 17/1/2019 …. "Let's Work Together". This is just a general chasing letter similar to what I've received from RW before. Not sure if RW intend this as a response to the Account Sold in Dispute letter I sent on 14/1/2019. RW definitely received the RD letter I sent them on 14/1/2019 (confirmation of receipt filed). If they intend this as a response it seems very inadequate. Filed.
                          12/2/2019: Letter from RW. They are treating my Account Sold In Dispute letter of 14/1/2019 as a Complaint and go on to say they will investigate thoroughly. Filed.
                          14/2/2019: Letter from RW in relation to the "complaint". Their investigations are not yet complete - they will respond no later than 12th March.
                          14/2/2019: Further chasing letter from RW … "Don't ignore the situation". Filed.
                          6/3/2019: Another "Pre Legal Assessment" letter from RW. This is the 2nd letter from RW after their letter dated 12th February in which they confirmed they're treating my letter to them dated 14th January as a Complaint. Doesn't seem to be any point in responding to the latest Pre Legal Assessment letter. Filed.
                          14/5/2022: Chasing letter received from Hoist. The usual content though the letter states "we contacted you recently" etc, whereas there's been no activity with this account since the last letter from RW in February 2019 including nothing to say the account had switched from one DCA to another. Probably just another DCA mistake! Filed.
                          16/6/2022: Further chasing letter from Hoist offering a discount of 83%. Filed.
                          20/6/2022: Further chasing letter from Hoist dated 18/5/2022 (received whilst we were on holiday). Filed.
                          12/7/2022: Further chasing letter from Hoist. Filed.
                          26/11/2022: Further chasing letter from Hoist offering a discount of 63%. Filed.
                          5/1/2023: Letter from Hoist asking me to set up a payment plan through which I might be eligible for a discount. Filed.
                          2/2/2023: Letter from Hoist offering discount of 63%. Filed.
                          29/4/2023: Letter from Lowell stating Hoist has been acquired by Lowell and asking me to contact them. Filed.
                          17/5/2023: E-mail from Lowell asking me to contact them. Filed.
                          30/5/2023: Further e-mail from Lowell asking me to contact them. Filed.
                          3/6/2023: Further letter from Lowell asking me to contact them. Quite forceful in its tone ... "if you don't engage with us, we'll continue to contact you by letter, email and phone. We may also pass your account to a third party, so get in touch and let us know what's happening today". Filed.
                          7/7/2023: Further letter from Lowell offering 50% discount if I clear the balance in 12 months. Filed.
                          25/7/2023: E-mail from Lowell asking me to contact them. Filed.
                          4/9/2023: E-mail from Lowell asking me to contact them. Filed.
                          16/9/2023: Letter from Lowell offering 60% discount. Filed.
                          18/9/2023: E-mail from Lowell asking me to contact them. Filed.
                          17/1/2024: Letter from Lowell offering 70% discount. Filed.
                          22/1/2024: E-mail from Lowell asking me to contact them. Filed.
                          1/3/2024: E-mail from Lowell asking me to contact them. Filed.
                          28/3/2024: Another letter received from Lowell whilst I was on holiday. Offers a discount of 80%. Filed. Also an e-mail from Lowell dated 11/3/2024. Filed.
                          3/4/2024: E-mail from Lowell asking me to contact them. Filed.
                          Last edited by Zeppelin; 4 April 2024, 10:18.

Comment

11. EGG 5005 (Account 2) REFER TO ACCOUNT No. 10

Egg account (not sure if this was a credit card account or similar to M&S Personal Reserve)
                            Pre-April 2007
                            Balance: £2412
                            Account Owner: Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd

CCA request sent 18/2/2017. It's only now occurred to me that if this was a Personal Reserve type account then the CCA request may need a different approach. I had two Egg accounts and am sure one of them wasn't a typical credit card.

10/3/17: No response to CCA request. Nothing received from Moorcroft re non-payment of the usual monthly payment.
                            13/4/2017: Having realised I'd lost the recorded delivery receipt for the CCA request sent on 18/2/2017 I thought I should send another. Second CCA sent 31/3/2017 and definitely received by Moorcroft on 1/4/2017. No reply as yet.
                            22/4/17: No response from Moorcroft as yet.
                            10/5/2017: Letter received from Barclaycard saying they've passed my account to Robinson Way for them to manage. Still no CCA response.
                            12/5/2017: Letter received from RW asking me to contact them ...."to negotiate repayment of the balance outstanding with you".
                            26/5/2017: Further letter from RW: "We have sent you a number of letters (only one as noted above) and tried to telephone you (they don't have my landline or mobile numbers) but your account remains unpaid. The full balance is due, however we are currently able to offer a reduction to the balance you owe to settle this account. We can even discuss you paying this reduced balance by affordable instalments". Following advice from AAD+ members I ignored the first letter dated 12/5/2017; not entirely sure whether to send the SWID letter now or wait for their next and probably more threatening letter. Will leave it for a few days anyway!
                            5/6/2017: I haven't posted anything on AAD+ about the most recent letter as I've posted a few times recently about other accounts and may be bothering AAD users too much. If only to be consistent in approach with other similar accounts, I've filed the letter without replying and will wait for something more threatening.
                            10/6/2017: Another letter from RW. "We understand that in these difficult times it can be a struggle maintaining payments to your account. "At RW we want to help you by agreeing an affordable arrangement based on your individual circumstances". "Please call us now etc". Still no response to the CCA request. As this letter still seems a fairly standard approach, SWID letter not sent in response. Filed.
                            26/6/2017: Another fairly standard letter from RW chasing payments. Still no response to CCA request. Filed.
                            10/8/2017: Further standard chasing letter from RW. Still no response to CCA request. Filed.
                            26/10/2017: Letter received from Wescot (not RW). Wescot state they've been instructed by Barclaycard to make contact. The CCA request (to which there's still been no response) was sent to Moorcroft originally. Might need to send Wescot the "sold in dispute template letter" but will leave it for the moment. (Also see account 10). Filed.

2/11/2017: Further letter from Wescot with red headings!! seems like a general chasing letter though at the top it states.....Our enquiries have indicated you are resident at the address above but have not yet agreed a solution for this account...". Although some of the content is on a red background the letter doesn't threaten legal action. Moorcroft or anyone else has never supplied any CCA evidence. Not sure if the "Sold In Dispute" template letter would be relevant now and will check on the AAD+ Forum.
                            8/11/2017: Confirmed with Forum members that I should just file the letter at the moment - wait to see what Wescot do etc.

14/11/2017: Reduced Settlement Offer from Wescot. Filed.
                            29/11/2017: Standard chasing letter from Wescot, non threatening headed .... "an opportunity to take control of this outstanding balance in a way that suits you". Filed.
                            9/12/2017: "Confirmation of Residency" letter from 2f (trading name of Wescot). "It is very important that you speak to us directly to resolve this issue". Filed.
                            21/12/2017: Card from 2F "Important Message" asking me to contact them. Filed.
                            14/9/2018: Letter from Barclaycard: They will soon be transferring the account to Hoist Finance UK Holdings 3 Limited who have chosen Robinson Way Ltd to act ion their behalf. Filed.
                            22/10/2018: Letter from Barclaycard confirming they've transferred the account to Hoist Finance Holdings 3 Limited who have chosen Robinson Way to act on their behalf. Notice of Assignment also received from Hoist. Filed.
                            9/11/2018: Letter from Robinson Way asking me to contact them to set-up a payment plan. Filed.
                            19/11/2018: Chasing letter from RW. Filed.
                            10/12/2018: Further chasing letter from RW. Filed.
                            9/1/2018: Letter from RW... "lets get you set-up …. welcome to RW". Seems like the type of chasing letter they would have sent when they first contacted me in November 2018 rather than a chasing letter sent when I've ignored the leters they've sent since then. Filed.
                            23/1/2019: Another chasing letter from RW … "Lets work together". Filed.
                            16/2/2019: Further chasing letter from RW … "don't ignore the situation". Filed.
                            6/3/2019: Pre Legal Assessment letter from RW. Exactly the same letter as received in relation to Account No.10 (see above). As this seems exactly the same circumstances as for Account No.10 I've sent the AAD+ Account Sold in Dispute template letter to RW. (Sent by RD 8/3/2019).
                            23/4/2019: Letter from RW. They're treating my letter of 6th March as a complaint into which they're still investigating but aim to respond by no later than 5th May. Filed.
                            4/5/2019: Final response from RW. Still treating my letter as a complaint - they contacted me in good faith - they were instructed to contact me in regards to an outstanding balance - as they are not the original creditor they don't hold copies of the original credit agreement - they're unable to comment further. Not need for me to respond and not relevant or worth it to complain to the FCA as mentioned in RW's letter. Filed.
                            17/6/2020: Letter from RW, apparently sent in relation to COVID 19 and managing accounts on-line. Filed.
                            1/8/2020: Letter from RW asking me to contact them. Filed.
                            6/10/2020: Letter from RW dated 26/8/2020. General chasing letter. Filed.
                            19/12/2020: Letter from Hoist Finance ..... "we're now collecting on your account and we're here to agree a payment plan with you". Filed. NO RESPONSE / EVIDENCE HAS EVER BEEN RECEIVED TO THE ORIGINAL CCA REQUEST IN FEB 2017.
                            4/1/2021: Further chasing letter from Hoist. Filed.
                            22/1/21: Further chasing letter from Hoist. Filed.
                            28/7/2021: Chasing letter from Hoist. Filed.
                            19/8/2021: Further letter from Hoist offering a discount if I set up a payment plan. Filed.
                            29/1/2022: Letter received from Moorcroft who are now acting as a collection agent, the account having been passed to them by Hoist. Moorcroft want me to contact them. Filed.
                            11/2/2022: Further chasing letter from Moorcroft. Filed.
                            1/3/2022: Further chasing letter from Moorcroft offering monthly instalments. Filed.
                            11/3/2022: Further chasing letter from Moorcroft offering monthly instalments and partial settlement. Filed.
                            29/3/2022: Chasing letter from Moorcroft offering a potential discount. Filed.
                            25/4/2022: Chasing letter from Moorcroft. Filed.

13/5/2023: Letter from Hoist stating they've been acquired by Lowell Group. Letter came with a further letter from Lowell asking me to contact them. Filed.
                            18/7/2023: E-mail from Lowell asking me to contact them. Filed. (I may have forgotten to update this account record with previous e-mails from Lowell).
                            24/7/2023: E-mail from Lowell asking me to contact them. Filed.
                            3/8/2023: Further chasing letter from Lowell asking me to contact them. Filed. Lowell have also been sending texts recently though not sure which of the accounts they relate to. All texts ignored.
                            1/9/2023: Letter from Lowell asking me to contact them and offering 50% discount. Filed.
                            4/9/2023: E-mail from Lowell asking me to contact them. Filed.
                            21/9/2023: E-mail from Lowell asking me to contact them. Filed.
                            12/10/2023: Further e-mail from Lowell asking me to contact them. Filed. Text also received from Lowell on 6/10/2023 asking me to contact them. Filed.
                            24/10/2023: Text from Lowell asking me to contact them. Ignored.
                            1/11/2023: E-mail from Lowell asking me to contact them. Filed.
                            16/11/2023: Chasing letter from Lowell offering 60% discount. Filed.
                            17/11/2023:E-mail from Lowell asking me to contact them. Filed.
                            15/12/2023: Two texts from Lowell asking me to contact the. Ignored.
                            10/1/2024: E-mail from Lowell asking me to contact them. Filed.
                            31/1/2024: Another e-mail from Lowell asking me to contact the. Filed.
                            21/2/2024: E-mail from Lowell asking me to contact them. Filed.
                            28/3/2024: Another letter received from Lowell whilst I was on holiday. Offers a discount of 70%. Filed. Also an e-mail from Lowell dated 11/3/2024. Filed.
                            3/4/2024: E-mail from Lowell asking me to contact them. Filed.
                            Last edited by Zeppelin; 4 April 2024, 10:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppelin View Post
                              6. LLOYDS

Lloyds credit card account
                              Pre-April 2007
                              Balance: £1429
                              Recently stopped paying the DCA:
                              Account Owner: Debt Managers Ltd on behalf of Cabot Financial.

CCA letter to DM 20/1/2017 and acknowledgement received 27/2/2017 saying they've referred it ti Cabot. Letter received from Cabot dated 30/1/2017 acknowledging "temporary UE" stating they hope to have the evidence within 40 days. Not sure if I wait until I hear further or if this needs me to send Cabot a further template.
                              just wait untill you hear from them, DM returned my account to the OC when I sent them a CCA request,
                              Sorry not quite right, they wrote and told me they wanted the £1 fee, i wrote back and suggested that they get the auditors in as they had cashed it already,
                              I am also still waiting for a reply to a CCA request from 2012 from one DCA.

PS welcome aboard x
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X