GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sueme's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sueme's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sueme's diary

This is a HSBC loan taken out in 06.
    Last payment made mid 2010
    about 7.5K owing
    I presume it,s defaulted but don,t know for sure

Since then i have had threat-o-grams from 6-7 different DCA,s/sols.
    Totally ignored them all, and their super-duper discount offers.

It,s all been quiet for about 18 months until recently when a NoA came from MFS complete with fake bank letter.
    I have now sent a CCA and am now waiting............
    Last edited by Sueme; 26 March 2013, 14:21.
    I started with nothing, and despite the bank, still have most of it

Re: Sueme,s diary

Thats a good start - It wil be interesting to see what reply you get

Keep a copy of every letter you send together with proof of posting

Keep every letter you receive, Along with the envelope - Put a post it note on the letter with the date received - Do not write on the letter

It is generally regarded that it is good advice not to talk to DCA's ect on the phone - Keep things in writing

Most importantly - Do some reading on the UE process - Especially regarding writing letters and making sure that you do not admit that you owe this loan.

The Master plan is to defend this through various techniques until you reach a period of 6 years without payment when it will become Statute barred.

Have a look around the site and keep us all informed - You will find that the lovely people on this forum will offer help and support all along the way

You've made the first step to getting this sorted once and for all
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Spud

I learned long ago to not deal with these parasites on the phone. And certainly am not admitting anything. Meanwhile i will be reading plenty and waiting to see what the nazi party,s next move is

Love-n-hugs x

Comment

Well done on starting your diary Sueme.

Is this loan your only debt?
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thankfully, yes. I wouldn't want another one

Comment

Originally posted by Sueme View Post
            Thankfully, yes. I wouldn't want another one
            Unfortunately most of us have more (a lot more!)

Let us know when you receive a reply to your cca request.

Comment

Since then i have had threat-o-grams from 6-7 different DCA,s/sols.
              Totally ignored them all, and their super-duper discount offers.
              That in itself is often a very good sign. If discounts are being offered it is usually for a good reason. Maybe they already know they are on shaky ground and are trying to tempt you to pay something and so re-start the Statute Barred clock.

Keep up the good work, keep posting here and the best of luck.

Comment

Thank you all
                I seem to be fairly small fry compared to some of you
                It made me suspicious when nothing happened initially despite the threats. Then the "discount offers" confirmed that it,s probably UE

Will keep you all posted

Comment

hey Sueme. Just wanted to say glad you got your diary going. All the best, keep us posted.
                  When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Thanks hun x, will do
                    It's very frustrating trying to find good information, as the net is littered with outdated or unresolved dead ends

This place is very good, i'm sooooo glad i found it

Comment

Well it's been some months now since i sent them a CCA request, and it's been awfully quiet since then.
                      I'm beginning to feel unloved
                      Take care all xx

Comment

Re: Sueme's diary

Hi, just checking if everything is OK?

Best wishes
                        IF
                        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Everything is wonderful, thanks for asking. Have not heard a peep out of them for some time now. Getting closer to SB

Comment

Well done x
                            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Everything is wonderful, thanks for asking. Have not heard a peep out of them for some time now. Getting closer to SB
                              That's good news

Comment

Working...
                              X