GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Trodat's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trodat's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trodat's Diary

Well, I joined the site today to find help with doing a Final Settlement letter, I am now sending off a request for 3 x CCA from 1st Credit (Barclaycard), Halifax and Capquest (Marbles).

I just want to say thanks for the help so far

Slightly worried (don't know why) but hopeful too. In all honesty I would have been happy to clear debts had the above been willing to negotiate as opposed to being so bloody stubborn.

All defaulted in 2008 so not long really till they come off! Lets see how things pan out

Re: Trodat's Diary

Nice to see you here, lets hope that some of the pennies you have for a f&f can be saved. Good luck with your journey
    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by trodat View Post
      Slightly worried (don't know why) but hopeful too. In all honesty I would have been happy to clear debts had the above been willing to negotiate as opposed to being so bloody stubborn.
      I was slightly worried too when I started my UE journey...I think it's apprehension of the unknown. 2 years on, I'm so glad I went ahead
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

best to check enforceability first, helps concentrate their tiny wee minds and they may well be UE

if you have any questions, just ask, have a good read around the diaries, all life doing UE is there!

Comment

Hey,

Hope you guy's read this and respond - had a reply from 1st Credit today and its a copy of the letter I sent along with a PO of £1 and a post it note saying cannot trace?

I used the reference number that is used for the SO that I pay them every month and the one I use when I call them.

Oh this is in response to my CCA request!! Any advice?

Thanks,

P.S. I am still paying the SO that we agreed too 3 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by trodat View Post
            Hey,

Hope you guy's read this and respond - had a reply from 1st Credit today and its a copy of the letter I sent along with a PO of £1 and a post it note saying cannot trace?

I used the reference number that is used for the SO that I pay them every month and the one I use when I call them.

Oh this is in response to my CCA request!! Any advice?

Thanks,

P.S. I am still paying the SO that we agreed too 3 years ago!
            I bet if you stopped paying they would soon trace it.....
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Could not agree more - what would you do now though! Does the time rule still apply here or do I need to send another letter?!? Thanks,

Comment

mmm eejits!

I would send the reminder

Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Reminder - Unenforceability Threat

and see what they come back with.

as I2D says, stopping payments would sure concentrate their tiny minds, they don't feel that you're a problem while you're paying so feel quite at liberty to take no notice (which legally they can't)

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                  mmm eejits!

I would send the reminder

Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Reminder - Unenforceability Threat

and see what they come back with.

as I2D says, stopping payments would sure concentrate their tiny minds, they don't feel that you're a problem while you're paying so feel quite at liberty to take no notice (which legally they can't)
                  I will send that today and if no response in 14 days will stop payments, pretty sure they will get back to me!

One other thing, I am out of the UK for roughly 5/6 weeks in a couple of weeks can THEY place a time limit on ME responding to their letters?

Comment

Received 2 x letters from Capquest today

1 x copy of Notice of Assignment of Debt along with a note saying they have requested my CCA.

1 x Minimum settlement figure (NO idea why they have sent that)!!

If I don't hear from them within the 12+2 I assume I can automatically default it as per terms?

Comment

Received letter from Halifax today.... With 2 x copies of Credit Agreements none of which are signed!!

In their cover letter they have stated many things however one paragraph stands out

'The copy of the agreement enclosed with this letter complies with the requirements of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 (the "Regulations"). Regulation 3(2)(b) provides that a copy can omit any signature box, signature or date of signature. In summary we are not required to produce a copy with your signature on it.'

I will forward the letter and CA to niddy later on however is this right? And how do I reply to this?

Many thanks gang!

Comment

Welcome to the site, have a good read through some of the diaries and get a feel for the correct layout of them, it will certainly make your life a lot easier following what is happening with each one if you put each creditor in their own post and edit each one as you go along.

Comment

Sounds promising, you do not need to reply until Niddy has seen what they sent you, and then he will suggest a template to send
                          When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Working...
                          X