GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script baxta59s Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

baxta59s Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baxta59s Diary

MBNA Credit Card
    • Type of account Credit Card

• Date commenced 2005

• Approx balance £3,160

• Date last paid No idea

• Are you on arrangement or not paying: Not paying

• Status in default

• Account owner Not sure either Arrow Global or MBNA

Late last year I started to receive letters from Bryan Carter Solicitors re the above account. In the end I sent them a CCA request with a cheque for £1 on the 2/2/2012

10/2/12 Received a letter from Bryan Carter stating that the account is on hold and the matter has been referred to their client.

Did not hear anything

22/2/12 Sent a deafault letter

29/2/12 Letter from Bryan Carter saying exactly the same as the first letter.

3/4/12 Received a letter from Arrow Global (strangely dated 22/2/12!!!) Stating they would be supplying the requested documents but denying they were the creditors as envisaged under the CCA 1974. However the title of the letter clearly states 'debt owed to Arrow Global' etc. They also returned my cheque. Maybe because I had made it out to Bryan Carters...not sure.
    Also in the same envelope dated 30/3/12 was a follow on letter attached to what they claim to be a copy of the CCA. They confirmed the account was in default and that they are waiting for an original statement from the original creditor MBNA

28th May 2012 - No news yet

April 2014 on. Been receiving mail from Cabot and Westcott I believe. Not sure if this is related to this but I sent the letters back unopened. No Contract - return to sender.
    Last edited by baxta59; 30 May 2014, 13:50.

Re: baxta59s Diary

Out of the blue, on the 19/3/12 I received another letter from AG concerning another debt

RBS Mint Card
    • Type of account Credit Card
    • Date commenced 2005
    • Approx balance £4,900
    • Date last paid Once again, cannot remember
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying Not paying
    • Status Arrears
    • Account owner AG writing to me but OC was RBS

This letter conveniently already had the CCA in it and was dated the 16/3/12 and gave me 21 days to respond otherwise further action would be taken. As I was away dealing with a loss in the family I did not receive this letter until yesterday.

13/4/12 Advised that the CCA is enforcible and to wait to see what they send next

28th May 2012 - No news yet.

1st of June 2013 - Received a CC Claim form from Shoosmith representing Global Arrow for RBS Mint card.
    5th of June
    After much discussion and debate and following Niddys advice I sent an eamil to shoosmith offering a F&F settlement of £3,000 (The claim was for £4,902 plus costs and fees) £5,062 total.
    A few hours later they emailed me back and accepted the offer. I need to get it to them by the 14th of June.

THIS MATTER IS CLOSED!!!!!
    Last edited by baxta59; 30 May 2014, 13:47.

Comment

Working...
    X