GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard trying to confuse me? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard trying to confuse me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard trying to confuse me?

I sent Barclaycard a CCA request and got back my application form from 1999 and 8 pages of recon Ts & Cs which they claim were attached at the time and "would have been on the back". What all 8 pages on the back of a piece of A4? So I decided to get out a magnifying glass and actually read those Ts & Cs in case there was something in them to help me. And there it was - the evidence I needed to prove that Barclaycard had tried to confuse me with false documents.

There was a whole section banging on about how I must protect my PIN number for security reasons blah blah blah. Most interesting since the CHIP & PIN technology wasn't even invented or introduced until 2006 which would have been seven years after I opened the account. So unless those Ts & Cs were written by Mystic Meg how on earth could they have been sent to me as part of my original credit agreement. And the APRs aren't the same either.
    Last edited by PlanB; 8 October 2011, 11:05. Reason: spelling

Naughty PlanB Bcard would not fib to you, the junior who copied the terms just made a bit of a mistake and the person who sent the letter will be retrained immediately

Would love to see the 8 pages condensed onto one page though
    Last edited by Pixie; 7 October 2011, 13:20.
    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      There was a whole section banging on about how I must protect my PIN number for security reasons blah blah blah. Most interesting since the CHIP & PIN technology wasn't even invented or introduced until 2006 which would have been seven years after I opened the account.
      Does it mention Chip & Pin specifically?

Cards have been issued with pin numbers for cash withdrawals etc for goodness how long before C&P came in.

Example from 2000: http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...rclaycard2.jpg
      Last edited by Pixie; 7 October 2011, 13:20.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'll double check when I get home but there's no way that 8 page booklet would have fitted on to the back of the application form believe me! And anyway those Ts & Cs booklets were sent out with the cards after the application form had been submitted and accepted so can't possibly be considered linked to the CCA - I hope.
        Last edited by Pixie; 7 October 2011, 13:21.

Comment

Totally standard practice for Barclaycard when they are trying to obfuscate.

If all else fails with a stroppy alleged debtor, ----- then start telling lies.

Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
            Thanks for that sample. Actually my application form doesn't look the same as that example. I'll email it to Niddy when he's back.

May I ask one general question though? If a CCA (application form) says details of your right to cancel "will be sent by post" at a later date should those actual details be included in the s.78 response since they're mentioned on the form? It's not a vital point, but I notice the cancellation details are often referred to in this way.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
              Thanks for that sample. Actually my application form doesn't look the same as that example.
              Sorry. I wasn't suggesting at all that it should look like that one. Rather, just an example to make that particular point as it mentions pin numbers.
              Last edited by Pixie; 7 October 2011, 13:22.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oh please don't misunderstand me, I am very grateful to see that one for lots of reasons.

Maybe a mod should tweak the title of this thread to "Barclaycard caught trying to confuse me"? Don't want to get Niddy sued for libel I've already adjusted a word in my first post to be helpful . . .

Comment

Hi guys, try not to use links to photobucket and others

As Niddy already told me

To elaborate, linking images to third party services such as photobucket et al slows things down for users on phones and other devices not plugged into a direct connection so we prefer not to use them, it also stops visitors reading the content....

Please try and follow the guide and load direct to the site. If we see photobucket links, we purge them monthly so all links will vanish in a month anyway!

Will advise and do this from now on ------>User Guide - How Do I add Attachments to my Message? - allaboutFORUMS

Cheers

Comment

Normally I would, but it's just an example pulled off Google image search.

It's a link, not an embedded image to load. It's already in the public domain, so doesn't matter who sees it. And as somthing to just illustrate a point, doesn't matter if the link gets taken out later on.

Thanks for the reminder though.

Comment

[QUOTE=rizzle;117399]Normally I would, but it's just an example pulled off Google image search. It's already in the public domain, so doesn't matter who sees it. /QUOTE]

Rizzle that's brilliant. Do you mean I can go on Google and find images/examples of other people's application forms and CCAs etc? I'd love to know how to do that. Please teach me how
                      Last edited by Pixie; 7 October 2011, 13:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
                        Would love to see the 8 pages condensed onto one page though
                        And still be "easily legible" without the use of a microscope?

Comment

hi plan b sounds exactly the same as they have sent me out ? my original card was with morgan stanley from 2005 aswell and the paperwork they sent me has no siggys aswell ?

Comment

Re: Barclaycard trying to confuse me?

I've deleted the above posts as they weren't really pertinent to the thread.
                            Last edited by Pixie; 7 October 2011, 13:33.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Re: Barclaycard trying to confuse me?

Its going to be the fastest Pixie goes to the PM box!!!

For non mods, if you ever want to change the titlre of your own posts, click edit, then go advanced and that brings up the title as well so you can change it that way!
                              Last edited by Pixie; 7 October 2011, 13:33.
                              When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Working...
                              X