GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My dire situation..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My dire situation.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dire situation.....

Hi all,

First things first - big thanks to Niddy for setting this place up. Let's hope the sterling work he did on MSE will continue - and even gain strength - here.

Now I say in the thread title that my situation is "dire", but I guess it's all relative. For some, I'm probably in a fairly enviable situation. But I see things as rather desperate, and incredibly precarious.

Let's start with assets :

FLAT ONE
    Value c. £105,000.00
    Outstanding c. £70,000.00
    - property on interest only mortgage on lender's standard variable rate

FLAT TWO
    Value c. £165,000.00
    Outstanding c. £143,000.00
    - property on interest only mortgage fixed until 2012

FLAT THREE
    Value c. £175,000.00
    Outstanding c. £170,000.00
    - property on interest only mortgage on lender's standard variable rate

Of course these figures for sales only apply if I could actually sell the flats. They are conservative figures based on what I think I'd get if I put them on the market tomorrow, but I might have to wait some months before they actually sold. At the height of the "boom", they'd each have sold for around 20% more than the prices I've put above.

And now for the fun bit.... To try and protect my identity from prying eyes, I'm going to remove the names of my lenders.

CREDIT CARD ONE
    Outstanding c. £4,300.00

CREDIT CARD TWO
    Outstanding c. £4,500.00

CREDIT CARD THREE
    Outstanding c. £4,500.00

CREDIT CARD FOUR
    Outstanding c. £5,500.00

PERSONAL LOAN ONE
    Outstanding c. £12,000.00

CREDIT CARD FIVE
    Outstanding c. £4,000.00

I have requested, and been sent, my CCAs in the past and I've had Niddy look over them. It was a while ago, though, and I've forgotten exactly where we ended up. I can post them on here a little later, if it will help.

My fear is that my properties come into jeopardy here. I am desperate to sell them as I want to make a fresh start, but the property market at the moment makes selling them incredibly difficult.

I'm very lucky in that my lenders are being VERY good with me. I've been paying reduced amounts (vastly reduced) for about three years and with the exception of L****s *S*, none of them ever really call me an ask me for more money.

But my fear is that a change in BoE base rates will make my mortgage payments go up and I'll struggle making both the reduced payments on my debts AND my mortgages.

My only hope then would be to get some of the debts made U/E so I can put all my effort into getting those that are bona-fide cleared off ASAP.
    Last edited by Annie da Phart; 11 February 2011, 14:51.

Re: My dire situation.....

Hi matey

thanks for re-posting, can you not sell the properties to a housing scheme or similar? Even get the price knocked down somewhat, just for a quick sale? But if you done that wouldn't you pay the debts to preserve your credit rating?

What is it you want to do? I mean, you're not defaulted etc yet are you...?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by never-in-doubt
      Hi matey

thanks for re-posting, can you not sell the properties to a housing scheme or similar? Even get the price knocked down somewhat, just for a quick sale? But if you done that wouldn't you pay the debts to preserve your credit rating?

Defaulted on the cards and loans, yes. But not on the mortgages. Never missed a payment.

I want to be able to sell the properties to give me enough money to pay the debts I have and leave me with enough to put down a generous deposit on a new, fresh-start place.

The values I've put down above for the properties are ABSOLUTELY the least I'd let them go for. Any less and I'd be being robbed and it wouldn't serve my creditors well because I'd not be able to pay them off completely.

Comment

[quote=Annie da Phart]
        Originally posted by "never-in-doubt":mhqw2yjh
        Hi matey

Defaulted on the cards and loans, yes. But not on the mortgages. Never missed a payment.

I want to be able to sell the properties to give me enough money to pay the debts I have and leave me with enough to put down a generous deposit on a new, fresh-start place.

The values I've put down above for the properties are ABSOLUTELY the least I'd let them go for. Any less and I'd be being robbed and it wouldn't serve my creditors well because I'd not be able to pay them off completely.[/quote:mhqw2yjh]

Matey - you won't get a mortgage so long as you're defaulted, even if you wanted a 10% LTV they'd say no if you have any live defaults, so it may be best to try and get these sorted one way or another - or so long as you know there is no new mortgage until 6yrs after the last default was added.....

I'll sort something for you, you know that - catch up later dude.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorry it's been a while since I've been here. Niddy knows my work situation is all kinds of hectic so getting time to stop by is a luxury.

Anyway, thought I'd bump this one up, having made a few changes to some figures, to see if anyone had any thoughts.

I'm even considering selling the first place (which will be the easiest to shift and with the most profit) then going bankrupt if/when I need to (i.e. when interest rates rise, as I know I will never get a new fixed rate). The profit from the first place may have "disappeared" by this point and all I will stand to lose will be the other two places.

First option of course is to sell the latter two properties - even if there's no profit, or a minimal loss, in it.

Comment

Bloody hell - hello stranger!!

Comment

Originally posted by Annie da Phart View Post
              Sorry it's been a while since I've been here. Niddy knows my work situation is all kinds of hectic so getting time to stop by is a luxury.

Anyway, thought I'd bump this one up, having made a few changes to some figures, to see if anyone had any thoughts.

I'm even considering selling the first place (which will be the easiest to shift and with the most profit) then going bankrupt if/when I need to (i.e. when interest rates rise, as I know I will never get a new fixed rate). The profit from the first place may have "disappeared" by this point and all I will stand to lose will be the other two places.

First option of course is to sell the latter two properties - even if there's no profit, or a minimal loss, in it.
              Hiya, you have come up with a good idea, naturally if you were to do such a thing then you'd need to wait a few months - even a year or two prior to going B/R unless you could prove where the proceeds of sale 1 went... but not a bad plan overall.... what you can do in such a situation is an equity release to a family member, that way they would have X shares in the property thus taking a second charge, meaning when you sell then *they* get the proceeds paid to them - its nothing to do with you then is it

Anyway, you have my number - if necessary this should be spoken about away from here, for obvious reasons.

Comment

Working...
              X