GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Car Insurance Default Notice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Insurance Default Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Insurance Default Notice

I am going to have a moan about my car insurance and I am a little pissed off with how they cancelled my insurance without any notice and I was driving my car for days without not knowing that they had cancelled my insurance.

Anyway it is a long story but will cut the crap and tell what happened. My brother bought a new car and gave me his old one. I sold my old one and told my insurance company that I needed insurance on the new one. Everthing went fine and I had to pay an extra £55 which I did.

I was told that I owed a last payment of £19.52 and told the insurance company to just take it out when the next direct debit was due. They said fine........so when I got my policy renewal the premiums were too high as it was for fully comp insurance. I rang a few days ago and said I wanted 3rd party fire & theft and needed a quote. The advisor said that they could not do that as my policy had been cancelled as I did not pay the £19.52.

They also advised me that they sent 2 letters saying that they were reminders which I did not receive. On 9 July I received I received a letter with new details and payments for the upgraded car. I was advised I was not allowed to renew with them again as they had cancelled my policy as I had failed to pay the money on time.

They said they had sent me a letter which is attached below. Now this £19.52 was my last premium payment. I am angry that I did tell them that this would be paid and also they had my direct debit details..........so something went wrong somewhere down the line and at the moment I had not got the energy or time to go through any complaints procedure. I am willing to pay the last premium of £19.52 but not the default sum of £55 they have added on to that.

The default notice they have sent is not for much but I do not think that I should pay so much for something which is clearly their mistake.

Any idea's what to do please?

Here is the letter and DN which I received yesterday:

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/q...tNotice001.jpg

Default Notice

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/q...Notice2001.jpg

The default notice is exacylt how it shows and the only thing that I have erased is my name and address............nothing else.
    Last edited by transformer999; 23 July 2011, 11:12.

Re: Car Insurance Default Notice

If you done this over the phone escalate to a full complaint in writing and quote the exact time and date you called and demand they listen to the call.

I had similar when I changed HSBC in April, my insurance went unpaid (Morethan) and I told them over the phone to sort it with DD but they never and I went mad and told them had I been burgled I'd have fucked them - but they kinda laughed it off until I demanded they got their manager who listened to my call and confirmed I was correct and sincerely apologised, plus a month free insurance

You need to escalate it and get them to listen to that phone call within 28 days before they say the call was recorded over. Ideally do it within 7 days as some call centres delete stuff after 7 days of no complaint....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Totally agree. The thing to remember is that when you phone you speak to someone on the phone who's working in a call centre and probably knows less about insurance than you do. It is essential to escalate it to someone who knows what they're talking about, and make them listen to the recording. You need to do this asap and put it in writing.

I notice also they say they're going to use the card details they hold on file to take the payment within 7 days. You need to make sure you have this covered so they cannot take the payment and so they don't cause problems with your bank.

Don't be fobbed off. You say you haven't got the energy to go through a complaints procedure, but this is more serious than it appears on face of it, as were you involved in a claim in future and the cancellation came to light, then you could well find yourself only partially covered or not covered at all.

Comment

Thanks guys I will ring tomorrow plus write a letter of complaint.

Such a waste of time for someone at the other end of the insurance line who had messed this up...........but I guess it has to be done.

Thank you will get on to this 1st thing in the morning.

Comment

Well it looks like writing that complaint out really did work.........I must say what a quick reply to. Half of what they have written is crap and not true but as a gesture of good will my arse they are willing to cancel the £55 fee..........and as a gesture of goodwill I will accept this and only pay what I originally owed and that was the £19 and a few pence.

I would not have paid that either if I was not tied up in other important matters as it was their fault and I had been driving around a few days with no insurance and had no knowledge that they had cancelled it. What if I had an accident or caused one, what then would have happened? I hate to think............well I think that I have nipped this problem in the bud. Now on to bigger and higher mountains that I have to climb LOL

OH, here is the response to my complaint:

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/q...esponse001.jpg
          Last edited by transformer999; 8 August 2011, 18:39.

Comment

Working...
          X