GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA response - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA response

Hi , new here , someone recommended this site.

I got into debt after a divorce and was in a DMP. I stopped paying the DMP in October as the company was no longer able to operate so have decided to sort stuff out myself. I sent off some CCA requests to three debts and have had back a couple of replies.

One stated that they viewed the debt as unenforceable unless they received more paperwork from the original creditor so that is a win for me.

The other sent me a photocopy of some stuff that they claim adequately respond to my CCA request. Is there any way someone can contact me privately to have a look at it and tell me if they think it is enforceable or not , do not want to go into too much details in public just in case they read these sites. thanks.

Re: CCA response

Hello

your best bet is to send it off to Niddy (webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk). Don't block anything out - it's perfectly safe. He will need to know such information such as date you took the card out and the default date, also who the original creditor is.

Comment

Hi and welcome , keep the letter that states UE very safe.With regard to the other one do indeed email it to Niddy at the address JLC points out above putting your user name in the box provided.Please do not block anything out as it is very very secure and only Niddy will see it and be able give you an accurate response , good luck x
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

As Jlc & nanna says niddy will look at it we, are data protected so only he will see it and will give you the best advice,
        Welcome aboard xx

Thank you to whoever recomnded this site you are in good hands here xx
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
          As Jlc & nanna says niddy will look at it we, are data protected so only he will see it and will give you the best advice,
          Welcome aboard xx

Thank you to whoever recomnded this site you are in good hands here xx

It was january that recommended this site. Had a response to my email to say unenforceable and I need to send a letter. will look at this further tonight after work (or more likely after 11pm as I will get home from work then immediately have to become dad taxi to my son who has a footie game 40 miles away kids huh ......)

Comment

Great you are now in control x

Comment

Thats a very good start
              When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by alianza View Post
                It was january that recommended this site. Had a response to my email to say unenforceable and I need to send a letter. will look at this further tonight after work (or more likely after 11pm as I will get home from work then immediately have to become dad taxi to my son who has a footie game 40 miles away kids huh ......)
                My youngest is 35 still at home, we live in a village with no public transport from the nearest town after 6pm, so we are the reliable taxi service,
                We do draw the line when she is on a night out with friends,so they hire a cab between them,

Comment

Ok , a rare free night, kids gone to their mum's house so I have joined AAD+ and downloaded the file. Then had to download a free word processor as it kept asking me to buy microsoft office. will edit it, print it and then post it off tomorrow.

Comment

brill, send it signed for so you know that it was received OR get proof of posting.

and your off

Comment

Had a reply to my prescribed terms missing letter. It has been passed to the PRA complaints dept and they are investigating it. Apparently they find it disappointing when a customer is not satisfied with the service they have provided! I got a copy of their complaints procedure which tells me the complaint is being dealt with by a dedicated , impartial caseworker who will keep me regularly updated. It may take up to 8 weeks which can be delayed further if they have to go back to the original creditor. I am sure you have seen these standard letters before and needless to say I will not be taking up their kind offer to me to phone them up for a chat to see if the matter can be resolved over the phone.

Comment

that sounds like a very good Idea (to ignore), just chillax and see what comes next x

Comment

Received a reply from the impartial caseworker who just happens to work for PRA and she finds that they did comply with my CCA request , account on hold till end of April, can i please fill in a financial assessment and contact them asap. have copied the letter in an email to niddy and await a course of action.

Comment

You've done the right thing, do not fill anything in or contact them xx

Comment

Originally posted by alianza View Post
                              Had a reply to my prescribed terms missing letter. It has been passed to the PRA complaints dept and they are investigating it. Apparently they find it disappointing when a customer is not satisfied with the service they have provided! I got a copy of their complaints procedure which tells me the complaint is being dealt with by a dedicated , impartial caseworker who will keep me regularly updated. It may take up to 8 weeks which can be delayed further if they have to go back to the original creditor. I am sure you have seen these standard letters before and needless to say I will not be taking up their kind offer to me to phone them up for a chat to see if the matter can be resolved over the phone.
                              They must be permanently disappointed in that case-customer satisfaction === NIL they could go out and do a proper job which means hardwork!lol

Comment

Working...
                              X