GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA response - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCA response

Niddy's advice re my PRA problem in April was to ignore their last letter and see what they did next. Have now received another letter which I have emailed a copy to niddy. Basically telling me my account is now being looked at by their Investigations and litigation team whatever that means. Will wait for Niddy's response and whether this needs a reply or to ignore it.

On a separate note my CCA request to cabot earlier this year is going nowhere, had a reply in mid february that they had requested the info from original creditors (lloyds) and they will write back within 40 days, my arithmetic is not what it used to be but its surely way past 40 days now so that can just stay on hold forever as far as i am concerned.

Comment

Had another letter from PRA today, not about the account with the rubbish photocopy CCA with missing term but about my other MBNA account. I sent off a CCA request for that in February, received a reply from PRA saying it was unenforceable and today I got a letter threatening legal action. Have emailed niddy and await his reply as to what response I need to do.

ps hope this is posted ok but this site is virtually unusable at the moment as nothing is displaying properly just lots of lists with links.

Comment

Originally posted by alianza View Post
        Had another letter from PRA today, not about the account with the rubbish photocopy CCA with missing term but about my other MBNA account. I sent off a CCA request for that in February, received a reply from PRA saying it was unenforceable and today I got a letter threatening legal action. Have emailed niddy and await his reply as to what response I need to do.

ps hope this is posted ok but this site is virtually unusable at the moment as nothing is displaying properly just lots of lists with links.

Yes it has posted, even though the site is not right at the moment.

Wait for Niddy's reply, but I expect he will say refer them to their other letter in response to your CCA request, and that as they have still not provided the required agreement it remains unenforceable.

Comment

Hi

I replied via email with a template to send back...... check your emails.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

about my other MBNA account. I sent off a CCA request for that in February, received a reply from PRA saying it was unenforceable and today I got a letter threatening legal action.
            I've looked back through your thread to see which PRA debt relates to that letter (is it a Letter Before Action?) but I couldn't find the history.

Maybe you could make a post which says who was the original creditor, when (what year) it was opened, what was the product (credit card, loan or bank overdraft etc) and the balance owed.

In fact if you could make a separate post with the same information for each of your debts that will make it easier to suggest your next step each time there's a development.

Di

Comment

it has been a long time and I have not had any letters fr0m creditors until today...i will rejoin AAD+ and start a thread as you requested

Comment

Hi after last years spectacular success re my cabot debt i have just got letters re my 2 PRA debts. one PRA have previously sent a letter saying it was unenforceable and one Niddy previously said was unenforceable. Today after hearing nothing for over a year have received 2 letters from CSL on behalf of PRA saying collection agent will be calling at my house. Advice please.

Comment

after hearing nothing for over a year have received 2 letters from CSL on behalf of PRA saying collection agent will be calling at my house.

I can't see any history for these two PRA debts on your thread although you say they're both unenforceable, so nothing to worry about unless PRA have come up with new documents.

It seems sending collection agents to people homes is in vogue. Perhaps it's a new tactic, or maybe it's to establish whether the person is still living at their last known address before deciding to increase collection activity, or issue legal proceedings.

PRA can be litigious but they would need to send you a Letter of Claim giving you 30 days to respond before they can issue a claim.

These debts won't be Statute Barred until 2023 so you can expect to be bothered periodically until then. If you contact them there's a danger you might acknowledge the debts which could scupper your SB goal.

How much is the balance outstanding on each of them to see if that gives any clues as to why they've been resurrected after a year's silence?

Di

Comment

Working...
                  X