GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA Overdraft - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA Overdraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA Overdraft

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can CCA for an overdraft. I have read somewhere that you can't, is that correct?

All help appreciated.

Re: CCA Overdraft

Overdrafts do not come under CCA1974 am afraid.

more info for you will follow.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Note\:- That a bank overdraft is a running account credit and such is exempt from part V of the CCA 1974 relating to the form and content requirements of regulated agreements.There is no statutory requirement to enter into a formal credit agreement for the bank overdraft.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Read this thread

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...CA-Information

Comment

Thanks.

Is there anything in particular that I should be looking for within the thread.

Cheers

Comment

For my overdraft, I have just sent off the letter as suggested and am waiting for a response.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
              Overdrafts do not come under CCA1974 am afraid.

more info for you will follow.
              Bad Techy. You should know better

Originally posted by JLC View Post
              Well done. Thanks for linking it. Yes indeed you do send a CCA for overdrafts as detailed in that thread.

Originally posted by Strepsi View Post
              Thanks.

Is there anything in particular that I should be looking for within the thread.

Cheers
              read it
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I've been fighting off an OD for 4 years using the CCA request and follow up letter on that thread
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                  I've been fighting off an OD for 4 years using the CCA request and follow up letter on that thread
                  Have you had any success, is it on going fight?

Comment

It's ongoing until SB which +6 years from late payment / acknowledgment / termination (recall of facility).

You really ought to read the UE guides and some diaries to learn the process. It's a huge game of poker - you're trying to hide for 6 years and avoid a claim, in a nutshell. Those with the best hand / biggest balls prosper.
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Bit of insight we defaulted on probably 99% of all our about 18 months ago. I think it is only B'card that hadn't and they have done this last month.

As I understand it our defaults drop off in approx 4 and half years? Even if we paid all out debt off in the next 6 months (which we couldn't do) our file would still be crap for four and a half years.

I am more than happy in keeping my head down, my wife has different ideas. However it appears to be my job to handle all the administration in our 80k debt!

I think we aren't looking to move again,we are happy where we are,so no major need at the moment to apply for a new mortgage.

I am more than happy to bat it out.

Oh. I emailed the NEXT agreement to your email Niddy.

Comment

Yep you've got it right. The defaults stay 6 years whether you pay or not.

The next CCA is unenforceable. I confirmed that the other day....

Comment

... but I was going to send a copy of it, as opposed to just typing excerpts from it (if that makes sense).

If you have replied already accept my apologies.

Comment

Working...
                          X