GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lowells/EE Limited. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowells/EE Limited.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells/EE Limited.

Hi all, bit of advice please.

My son has received a letter from Lowells about an EE Ltd (formerly T Mobile) debt. He is 99% sure this is over 6 years since any payment and therefore SB, but
    doesn't have any paperwork to make certain of it. Do you still send a CCA request for a mobile phone debt or is it different?

Tks
    Seamus

Re: Lowells/EE Limited.

No it's unregulated. He'd need to send a Subject Access. But to do so first deny it with lowells. If they push it then I'll help you with a bespoke SAR

So for example respond to Lowells like;

Dear Sirs,

Ref: xxxxxxxx

I write with reference to your letter dated xx/xx/xxxx.

I do not recognise any such liability to "EE" and therefore request you substantiate your claim that I owe a balance by providing copies of statements proving I have an account.

Yours faithfully

DO NOT SIGN!!
    Print your name.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Great, thanks Niddy, that'll be in the post tomorrow.

Seamus.

Comment

Can someone please confirm that its 6 years to SB for a phone debt, as Lowells may have done the job for us. Received a letter from them stating that the last payment was in July 2008 so thanks for that Lowells.

S

Comment

Not sure S but didn't want to read n run x
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes it's 6 years
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

send statute of limitations letter to Lowells THE CHANCERS. RECORDED DELIVERY

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus View Post
                Can someone please confirm that its 6 years to SB for a phone debt, as Lowells may have done the job for us. Received a letter from them stating that the last payment was in July 2008 so thanks for that Lowells.
                Unless the alleged debtor resides in Scotland - where the limitation period is only five years - no creditor should be able to obtain judgement in their favour on a debt that is six years old or older, where there has been neither any payment made towards that debt by the debtor (or his agent) and no written acknowledgement made by the debtor in that time.

See http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1980/58/section/5

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                send statute of limitations letter to Lowells THE CHANCERS. RECORDED DELIVERY
                Shouldn't one play with them first?

Comment

Thanks for the replies, will send off the SB letter. Can't believe they are unaware of the SB rule, or perhaps they are but hoping that we aren't!

Seamus

Comment

Thanks for the replies, will send off the SB letter. Can't believe they are unaware of the SB rule, or perhaps they are but hoping that we aren't!

Seamus

They try all sorts to deceive in order to catch you out, it is called Business???

Comment

Seamus
                      That's probably more like it Seamus!
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                      X