GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script lloydstsb credit card sale? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lloydstsb credit card sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lloydstsb credit card sale?

Does anyone know if there has been a recent,since Christmas, sale of delinquent credit card accounts?

They don't appear to be updating CRA data.

Re: lloydstsb credit card sale?

Yes, a few of us, including mine have recently had our Lloyds accounts sold on.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I haven't heard from them for years. So I wasn't expecting anything new. I was just keeping a low profile for the next year till it becomes SB.

Have you heard from the purchaser? Who is it?

Comment

I think it's 1st credit. Have a look at my diary to be sure. So many dcas I lose track lol
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Lloyds sold mine to Marlin. They are constantly liaising with the original creditor in an effort to produce documents. No chance

Comment

1st Credit bought my Lloyds TSB OD before Christmas but Capquest have my Lloyds TSB CC account - haven't heard anything for over a year.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

We've just had first statements of account on our SB lloyds o/d so waiting for a welcome letter.

Comment

I believe that there would be no original documentation for the accounts: TSB were the original creditor as Trustcard, then they became LloydsTSB cards and I expect now are Lloyds cards. TSB was set up debt-free and I remained with a Lloyds Bank branch. I would be interested if anybody knows:

1) Who would/should have the CCA docs?

2) If they sell off a delinquent account, is Lloyds Bank right to offset removed?

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
                  I believe that there would be no original documentation for the accounts: TSB were the original creditor as Trustcard, then they became LloydsTSB cards and I expect now are Lloyds cards. TSB was set up debt-free and I remained with a Lloyds Bank branch. I would be interested if anybody knows:

2) If they sell off a delinquent account, is Lloyds Bank right to offset removed?

As I understand it, absolute assignment of the debt would mean that all rights have been transferred, and the original creditor would have no claim.

I had reason to think about this last week. I opened a savings account with Santander a couple of weeks ago, thinking it was safe. Unfortunately I had forgotten that my Debenhams card, originally GE Capital Bank, was sold to Santander. Although it has since been assigned to New Day then Hoist Portfolio (assignment letters received) I still feel a bit uneasy about it.
                  Last edited by Woodgate; 25 February 2015, 10:27.

Comment

I would believe that too. Absolute Assignment should give the buyer all rights, but as the bank would have sold at a loss, and they are meanies.

It would be good that they sell and it would be forgotten completely by the original bank, so that it would remove the possibility of them helping themselves to my overdraft again. They are supposed to warn you that they can do it, but they didn't stop until I advised them that not only had they removed monies despite me paying the minimum amount, they had caused direct debits to fail and had fined for failed direct debits which caused additional problems. So much for the Code of Conduct.

Comment

Have you checked to see if the Debenhams card is enforceable? .

Comment

Have you checked to see if the Debenhams card is enforceable? .
                        I'm trying to, but drydensfairfax are keeping it a secret (woodgate's UE diary).

Comment

not Drydensfairfax call to make that decision, only a court can decide.

Comment

One might presume that the original creditor would have such documents, but the CCA request should be made to the debt purchaser.

Yes.

Absolute Assignment should give the buyer all rights, but as the bank would have sold at a loss, and they are meanies.
                            There is little need to feel pity for the bank, as any loss they sustained as a result of a bad debt will have been offset against tax.

Comment

Ta Cloggy

An issuette that may confuse everything is that the account morphed from an Access Card to a Visa Card along the way, and I can't remember if/whether there was any new contract apart from, " Here is your Visa Card".

I expect that anything coming across from TSB to LloydsTSB stayed in a vault somewhere and would cost a few years of forensics to filter out. I hope the rats have made a nice nest from the paper vouchers and any signatures. Veil's Disease does have some fans ;-).

Does a signature on the old fashioned triplicate voucher count for anything? They do use those on the Continent in sometimes, and in emergencies here you are asked t sign a slip.

Comment

Working...
                              X