GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script lloydstsb credit card sale? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lloydstsb credit card sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lloydstsb credit card sale?

HSBC did the same from Midland cards, originally they issued 2 cards 1 for each Mastercard the 1 for visa, cannot remember any agreement issued then??
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

As there may have been some differences in acceptability of the two cards, one might suppose that a change from Mastercard to Visa would constitute a material change in the nature of the agreement.

Even if it did not, section 85 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (as amended, meddled with and weakened) - link - seems to say that, when a new card other than the first is issued, the creditor must include a copy of the executed agreement and any documents referred to in that agreement. It goes on to say that, if this is not done, the agreement becomes unenforceable until/unless the creditor does comply with that requirement.

Comment

I don't think MasterCard to Visa or vice versa makes any difference - that's just a processor. Natwest used to issue two cards (Visa/MasterCard) on the same account using the argument back then that some retailers only accepted one, but not the other.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
          I don't think MasterCard to Visa or vice versa makes any difference - that's just a processor. Natwest used to issue two cards (Visa/MasterCard) on the same account using the argument back then that some retailers only accepted one, but not the other.
          You have just confirmed the point I was making - that some stores did not accept both Mastercard and Visa.

Comment

Midland use to as well both Visa & mastercard

Comment

So swimming along in custard. Change of financial institution, change of processor, change of creditor. No agreement, no communication for years. What larks!

Comment

Working...
              X