GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 1st Credit again! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Credit again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Credit again!

Hi All,

I posted back in October 2012 regarding 1st Credit chasing me for a debt that wasn't mine. Thankfully through this site and the site ower, Niddy, this was cleared up after the issue was found not to have anything to do with me and everything went quiet. My thanks go to Niddy for helping me out with this. (see this thread Unknown debt via 1st Credit Limited - allaboutFORUMS)

Until today! Got another letter this morning from 1st Credit asking me to contact them if I am the person they are looking for. They don't say much other than '1st Credit Limited is attempting to contact the above named regarding a personal matter.' Later in the letter they request that I phone them if I am the named person.

So given the fact that last time they were happy that I wasn't associated with the matter they were contacting me about, what should I do this time? What does it take to get off these peoples databases! Apart from maybe some threats around data protection! Shame we can't throw a freedom of information request at these people.

Wondering if I should ignore this or contact them and try and put this straight. Any advice?

Thanks

Re: 1st Credit again!

Ignore this one. If they write again send a letter explaining what happened last time and that they have the wrong person whatever (sorry cant remember the details)...
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy, I'll hang tight for the moment and see what (if anything) comes next. I guess once you get on their database there's no removing yourself, at least not easily!

Comment

Yea try not to worry

Keep us updated...
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X