GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE debt and F+F payment - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE debt and F+F payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UE debt and F+F payment

Hi all

I have an UE debt with Barclaycard and they have admitted to it. I would like to send them a F+F offer to settle the account rather than wait 6 years to become statues barred. The amount is around £1000 so i'm happy to be parted with £100 to close this account.
    Do you think that 10% will be enough for an UE debt? Does anyone have any previous dealings with Barclaycard or similar case? The card was an Egg card that went to Barclaycard so its with their internal debt collectors.

Thanks in advance
    Maria

Re: UE debt and F+F payment

Originally posted by buffy300577 View Post
    Hi all

I have an UE debt with Barclaycard and they have admitted to it. I would like to send them a F+F offer to settle the account rather than wait 6 years to become statues barred. The amount is around £1000 so i'm happy to be parted with £100 to close this account.
    Do you think that 10% will be enough for an UE debt? Does anyone have any previous dealings with Barclaycard or similar case? The card was an Egg card that went to Barclaycard so its with their internal debt collectors.

Thanks in advance
    Maria
    Q1. Why settle it? The default will stay there for 6 years anyway so you may as well let it ride.....

Q2. No the bank would refuse that offer. They will rarely accept any offer.

I'd just ignore them and retain the letter where they confirm it's UE - they cannot enforce and would not try either! If they sell it to a DCA then you can look to haggle a F&F with the DCA but in doing so if they then decided to try and enforce they could hold it against you the fact you made an offer.

Just play the game, sit tight and see what happens. Don't be making silly offers, it's actually pointless and doesn't do you any favours.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I take it they cant apply for CCJ either then?
      I will ask Payplan to remove that account from my DMP and see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by buffy300577 View Post
        I take it they cant apply for CCJ either then?
        I will ask Payplan to remove that account from my DMP and see what happens
        Yes ask PP to remove it, they will not apply for anything as they can't - they need an agreement, as they don't have one and you never signed one they simply cannot enforce.

Any application for a CCJ would fail the moment you confirm you never signed the agreement. They could not prove you wrong, as they do not have the original to confirm their assertion.

Don't worry at this stage about the legalities, we won't let any harm come to you
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X