GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA request what do you get - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA request what do you get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA request what do you get

When you send a cca request you should get back
    A copy (or recon) of your executed agreement
    A set of terms and conditions at account inception
    A statement of account
    A set of terms and conditions from? I have read both time of default and also current. If there is a long time between should you get both or which one?

Finally question I believe it was 2007 that credit card companies set their charges at £12 is that right?

Re: CCA request what do you get

Read this - UPDATED - A Full Guide to Unenforceability - allaboutFORUMS

But yes almost.

1. Copy of terms as at inception and current terms applicable to the account now. If its defaulted they can provide terms from then or from now, as your default could be 5 years from any cca request. Usually they send current terms.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I think you will find it was 2006 that the card companies started the £12 a pop charges. They did with all of mine. All around June/July time.

I think this is mainly why within reclaiming charges all of a sudden became alot more harder.

All the biggies are over 6 years now so you have to argue limitations law and the rest are set at a level although OFT dont think are fair they aint gonna fight for us about it.

Not looked on the green sheet so cannot comment on those but GAC is still bleating on about it. Punters start as they are told that banks just role over and give the dosh, so they waste 2 or 3 months then realise its a court thing now, dont feel confident and wihdraw.

Unless you hit the likes of CAP One who then if you have outstanding seem to counter claim just because they want to teach somebody a lesson.

Comment

Thanks Niddy, i had read both so wasn't sure which terms they had to send.
        Ken thanks as well, i am not looking at reclaim as in the scheme of things it is peanuts and in not paying anyway. I can just never remember what date and it helps identify a recon

Comment

This is from a press release by the OFT in 2006.

Where credit card default charges are set at more than £12, the OFT will presume that they are unfair, and is likely to challenge the charge unless there are limited, exceptional business factors in play. A default charge is not fair simply because it is below £12. Setting a threshold for intervention is a pragmatic pro-consumer action that is designed to give the industry the opportunity to change its practice without litigation. It is supported by detailed guidance to the industry as to how to reduce the likelihood of public enforcement (see note 2).

Current credit card default charges unfair - The Office of Fair Trading

Comment

I remember debating the issue of if the original terms have to be provided on a terminated account, some time ago.

I would be interested to find out what the current understanding is, I think the judge in Rainkine said that these were not required because the account would no longer be, "under an agreement", but then I remember reading commentary from Goode saying that this was incorrect and the term does not effect the creditors duty to provide a true copy of original documentation, terminated or not.
            Last edited by gravytrain; 17 December 2012, 13:58.

Comment

Working...
            X