NATWEST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NATWEST

I am probably in the wrong area here, my apologies if so.

I have a bank overdraft debt with NatWest, Does unenforceability include bank accounts or not?

If not can anyone point me in the correct direction on this please?

The debt started out at approx £250 it is now £978.75 . I can only afford to pay £13 per month as I am on Income support and disability living allowance.

NatWest have today stopped the interest on the debt and offered me a full and final settlement of £450 being the lowest they will go to. My son offered them £250 which they refused. Paying this debt is actually taking me into negative money each month with other outgoings.

Is there anything I can do to force their hand to accept the £250? The chances of me ever going back to work is extremely low , but I do dream :red

Out of all my debts Natwest have been the most difficult to deal with. :confusing

Re: NATWEST

Hiya - great to see you here.....

Overdrafts are CCA exempt so unfortunately not much you can do here. To be honest, you'd be best to stop paying them altogether and let them sell the account then make the same £250 offer using templates off this site, and we'll get that sorted for you.....

That's what i'd do. That does mean stopping payments though, charges etc will be added but we can fight for a better F&F once it sits with a DCA....

Nice to see you here.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy, I think that's what we shall do then

Comment

Originally posted by ABC and CMYK
        Thanks Niddy, I think that's what we shall do then
        I would, just stop payments for the moment and let them sell it to a DCA (will take anything to 6mths) - so you keep all their letters etc but ignore them, don't respond, this way they will sell the account, Then we haggle with the DCA who pays around £0.12p per £1 of debt meaning better chance to haggle final offer.

Actually, ignore the above for the moment - Can I check, first of all, what happened? Give some history cos if there were £700 of charges on a £250 debt we may be able to consider a reclaim instead.... in fact, i'd speak to Di (di30 - you know her from mse) and let her see if she can help with a reclaim of charges claim?

See this section and post a new thread in there giving as much detail as you can: ---> viewforum.php?f=42

Niddy gh
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

See this example thread here - vry similar, what with bank charges: ---> viewtopic.php?f=42&t=729

Comment

I will have to send off for a SAR notification to see how much is bank charges, have a feeling though its all interest.

Comment

Yes i'd do that, you can see the template here: ---> viewtopic.php?p=2312#p2312

Comment

Working...
              X