GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Long story - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long story

Please be patient as this is a sort of a long story.

This is on behalf of my brother in law, he does not have a computer or is even computer literate so I am taking this on his behalf.

My brother in law started to get phone calls about 2 years ago from a DCC asking him to pay an old Barclaycard debt from 2002.

My BIL has never had a Barclaycard - ever - although he has a Barclays bank account, he went to the bank and explained what was happening and they looked into it for him and agreed that it seemed like a fraud had taken place, this was because, we assume a pre-approved card application was sent to his old address after he moved out, someone returned the form and started to spend the new Barclaycard to the tune of £390.

Barclays advised my BIL to go to the poilice which he did and got a crime reference number.

The police did not do any further investigation into this.

He passed this on to the debt collection company and did not hear any more from them until about a year ago, but it was a new debt collection company this time, he explained everything to them and they wrote to him asking for a copy of his signature which he sent (yes I know I told him not to).

Nothing was heard for seven months until today when they phoned again asking for this money and just to let him know that their investigations are still continuing.

Now, I have told him that he should write to them and tell them to stop all contact or take him to court.

My BIL is not up on any of this law stuff and is a little concerned about it all.

I reckon he should not be worried about this because he did not apply nor did he spend this money, if they (the DCC) thought they could get anywhere with this it would have been in court years ago.

I have told him to simply write to them (recorded) and say take me to court - no more letters or calls!

Any further advice from anyone would be good for me to pass on to him.

Re: Long story

Ermmm this is statute barred anyway - regardless.

Simply send this off - nothing else, just this: ---> Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | You know nothing of the Debt / Prove It

If they carry on hassling you, go to the FOS.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Ermmm this is statute barred anyway - regardless.

Simply send this off - nothing else, just this: ---> Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | You know nothing of the Debt / Prove It

If they carry on hassling you, go to the FOS.
      My brother in law has worried on this for so long now, I told him I knew where I would get real advice for him within the day at most - cheers NID

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
        My brother in law has worried on this for so long now, I told him I knew where I would get real advice for him within the day at most - cheers NID
        Basically they can get lost - if they continue to hassle gimme a shout (PM) and I'll sort it for you within a couple of letters..... easy to get rid of.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Basically they can get lost - if they continue to hassle gimme a shout (PM) and I'll sort it for you within a couple of letters..... easy to get rid of.

I just phoned him about it and he is nearly in tears with relief, I suppose after first speaking to him he was deemed an easy target by them.

I am sending off the "get stuffed" letter today for him.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
            I just phoned him about it and he is nearly in tears with relief
            Well now he's nothing to worry about, point is once they agree to piss-off we'll then get him some compo as well (for the hassle) so best result +£250 compo.....

Lets get the main issue sorted first, tell him no matter what DO NOT add a phone number or date of birth to the letter, obviously use his home address and if possible get anyone to sign using his name.....

Keep me updated...

Comment

Well now he's nothing to worry about, point is once they agree to piss-off we'll then get him some compo as well (for the hassle) so best result +£250 compo.....

Lets get the main issue sorted first, tell him no matter what DO NOT add a phone number or date of birth to the letter, obviously use his home address and if possible get anyone to sign using his name.....

Keep me updated...

Thanks NID will do.

Comment

Working...
              X