GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tesco Loan PPI - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesco Loan PPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesco Loan PPI

Hi,

hope you can help..

ive had/ have a few loans, credit cards etc..i would like to claim back PPi on them, but would like to start with my tesco loan..and see how it goes..

loan was taken out in 2007 for 84 months

looking at paperwork PPi is included

its a fixed sum loan (not sure if that makes a difference)

i was in full time employment at the time..

just wondering if you can help me with making the right start to tackle these guys?

thanks in advance!!

eamrit

Re: Tesco Loan PPI

Originally posted by eamrit View Post
    Hi,

hope you can help..

ive had/ have a few loans, credit cards etc..i would like to claim back PPi on them, but would like to start with my tesco loan..and see how it goes..

loan was taken out in 2007 for 84 months

looking at paperwork PPi is included

its a fixed sum loan (not sure if that makes a difference)

i was in full time employment at the time..

just wondering if you can help me with making the right start to tackle these guys?

thanks in advance!!

eamrit

Hello and welcome

Also thank you for posting this up.

I see you have the relevant paperwork that confirms you were paying for PPI.
    Nope makes no difference at all if a fixed loan or not.

Even if the account is a settled or active one, so no probs at all.

May I ask what your reasons are for making a reclaim on the PPI?

For example, did they pressurise you into taking it out? Such as make it a condition of the loan?
    Were there pre medical conditions at the time it was sold to you?
    Did they add it automatically?
    Did you already have cover in place with your employer? Such as sickness benefits etc?

The list is endless.

Below there is a reclaim questionnaire issued by the Financial Ombudsman service (FOS) for customers to use to send to the business that mis sold the finance, complete and sent to the responsible business, complaints or head office, and keep copies in case you need to refer back to it again at some point.

The form asks you to complete the loan and ppi account number, but the ppi account number is generally the same as the loan number, so that is fine.

Complete to the very best of your knowledge, and you can always enclose a copy of the loan agreement with the complaint form if you want to. (But only send copies and not the originals).

We suggest using signed for recorded delivery in order to ensure your letter is received, you can check the status of delivery - reference number on the posting receipt given by the PO, on Track & Trace, via Royal Mail Website.
    You should then receive an acknowledgement letter by 5 to 10 days, that letter will confirm of how they deal with your complaint and when you should hear from them with a decision.
    They do have up to 8 weeks to deal with your complaint by issuing you with a final decision.
    And enclose details of the FOS, such as if your not happy with the final decision you can complain to them.

Complaint form here.....

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.pdf

In regards of the other reclaims, feel free to post up when your ready.

If you require further help, please ask away, I am currently back and forth but will check when here, so no worries.

Good luck with the reclaiming.

Comment

Most banks accept reclaim questionnaire complaint forms, and others more lenient with letters.

So if you prefer to send a letter than a reclaim questionnaire you can do so if you wish to.

Below is a template letter link, which will give you an idea, you will need to tweak it to your own requirements, of the mis selling reasons.

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=6720

Comment

thanks Di,

sure, to be honest i did (at the time of taking the loan)/ do still have back problem which eventually resulted in a operation in 2010..

i had adequate sick cover from my employer at the time of taking the loan..will check exactly what it was....

and i didnt know i had PPi until i looked at paperwork...didnt really need it..

but thats great... going to get onto this right away...thanks for the sound start!

will be back with progress!!

thanks again!

Comment

thanks Di,

sure, to be honest i did (at the time of taking the loan)/ do still have back problem which eventually resulted in a operation in 2010..

i had adequate sick cover from my employer at the time of taking the loan..will check exactly what it was....

and i didnt know i had PPi until i looked at paperwork...didnt really need it..

but thats great... going to get onto this right away...thanks for the sound start!

will be back with progress!!

thanks again!

Thank you, and hope you didn't mind me asking.

In my opinion you have a good case here, let them know everything that applies to you.

Will keep a check on your posts.

Comment

no, not at all!

will do!

here we go!

Comment

no, not at all!

will do!

here we go!