GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Old PPI reclaim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old PPI reclaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old PPI reclaim

Hi all
    Many years ago, well about 8 or 9 I had a halifax credit card that had ppi. I know I cancelled the ppj when the amounts got silly. I closed the card about 7 years ago after a small I heritance.

Can i still reclaim that ppi and if so how do i go about it?

Thank you for your help

Re: Old PPI reclaim

Hi JJ19 and welcome.

Di30 is the expert on this and am sure she will be along sooner or later.

PPI is not time barred and Halifax being a bank will not be hiding behind it wasnt regulated back then so in answer to your question yes you can.

To help us help you we probably need to know how much information you still have about the account? (Statements, Credit Agreement, letters, did you ever claim on it that sort of thing) What are your recollections of when the PPI was sold (If you have any that is). What are your reasons for thinking it was miss sold. ( Biggest mistake people make is I had PPI it was miss sold. It can actually be that it was actually a good product for you or could be you miss purchased) It is therefore crucial before you start your complaint to get in your mind (and this is where we will help you) why you are claiming it was missold (Pre existing med conditions, unemployed, part time work are some of the more common themes)

Was it a phonecall after you took the account out. Was it a pushy sales advisor at the bank, was it part of another application for something else but you were advised this would help you get what you were really after.

Even if you have no idea on all the above and have no paperwork there are ways and means of making a good attempt at this.

Just give us a bit more background and am sure Di30 will pick up on this.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by jj19 View Post
      Hi all
      Many years ago, well about 8 or 9 I had a halifax credit card that had ppi. I know I cancelled the ppj when the amounts got silly. I closed the card about 7 years ago after a small I heritance.

Can i still reclaim that ppi and if so how do i go about it?

Thank you for your help
      Hi there

And yes of course you can still make a reclaim, I was also successful on reclaims as from the mid 90's accounts and i am aware of other customers being successful on even older claims.
      It does help as Ken says to remember what your able to and if you have your account number of the credit card then its a good start!

I see that Ken has covered most of the details, (cheers Ken) .

First of all, do you still have details of the credit card?

If you no details at all it maybe worthwhile requesting for this to the Halifax data dept for a Subject Access Request (SAR) if you wish, but you can also try calling into the local branch to ask for any details of all accounts you held with them by providing them with an account number, or if you banked with them you could provide them with your banking account number.

Statements will help, but do not particularly request for statements alone as they will cost much more than a SAR, where a SAR will cover them and other details of your accounts, so basically one SAR per business with the one off payment of £10 cheque or postal order, where they have up to 40 calendar days to comply.
      If they're not able to comply they must return your payment with a letter to explain.

Here below I also have details of how to complain directly to Halifax, there is also a ppi complaint questionnaire form you can complete and send to make your complaint to reclaim with the reasons you have for being mis sold etc.
      http://www.halifax.co.uk/contactus/h...pi/default.asp
      Always keep copies.

Basically as long as you have your account number and reasons, you can fire away your complaint.

Please ask if any other questions and help etc .....
      Good luck! x

Comment

Thank you. I didnt get the email alerts so I didnt see the replies. I am afraid I have no records going back that far. I would not have taken it out as at the time I had bothv26 weeks company sick pay , 75000 life insurance and critical illness cover of 45000.

I think it is going to have to be a sar request. I did have a mortgage with them at ine time and I still have thst account number but will name and past addresses along with DOB be enough for them to track it down?

Comment

Morning Di,

One quick question here regarding PPI. Even if a person had made a claim on it, can you still apply?

Jules xx

Comment

Originally posted by jules3107 View Post
            Morning Di,

One quick question here regarding PPI. Even if a person had made a claim on it, can you still apply?

Jules xx
            Yes you can, for example, it may have covered you for one thing but maybe not the other xx

Comment

Originally posted by jj19 View Post
              Thank you. I didnt get the email alerts so I didnt see the replies. I am afraid I have no records going back that far. I would not have taken it out as at the time I had bothv26 weeks company sick pay , 75000 life insurance and critical illness cover of 45000.

I think it is going to have to be a sar request. I did have a mortgage with them at ine time and I still have thst account number but will name and past addresses along with DOB be enough for them to track it down?
              Hi

Yes by giving as much details as poss should also help and if any past addresses whilst under the account.
              May still be worth calling in to your local branch as well, hopefully they will help.

In regards of not receiving email alerts (I dont have this either) but maybe check your settings and see if that changes anything for you.

Comment

Thanks. Seem to have got email alerts. I will be able to go into the branch next week and will also post off the sar.

Comment

Working...
                X