GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI - How do I know? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI - How do I know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI - How do I know?

Okay, looking through some old stuff of mine it is not clear whether PPI was added or not, on some statements PPI is clearly indicated (Capital One) but on others such as Barclaycard/Egg/BOS/MBNA the statements do not make it clear whether PPI was on there or not. If not then I am presuming that there is no PPI or am I wrong?

So,aside from sending a CCA request how would I know whether I have been paying towards PPI and would a CCA actually show that you signed up to pay the PPI?

Also if the debt was brought by a DCA where would I stand on that?

Would a CCA request have to be sent to the DCA or the CC company because I have read that the CC company would pass ALL files to the DCA and as we know the DCA are not keen on keeping too many records apart from how much you owe them.

Any pointers on this lot would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Re: PPI - How do I know?

Originally posted by vossy View Post
    Okay, looking through some old stuff of mine it is not clear whether PPI was added or not, on some statements PPI is clearly indicated (Capital One) but on others such as Barclaycard/Egg/BOS/MBNA the statements do not make it clear whether PPI was on there or not. If not then I am presuming that there is no PPI or am I wrong?

So,aside from sending a CCA request how would I know whether I have been paying towards PPI and would a CCA actually show that you signed up to pay the PPI?

Also if the debt was brought by a DCA where would I stand on that?

Would a CCA request have to be sent to the DCA or the CC company because I have read that the CC company would pass ALL files to the DCA and as we know the DCA are not keen on keeping too many records apart from how much you owe them.

Any pointers on this lot would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Hiya

Generally PPI is enclosed on statements, but then it's also been known its not always the case.

A good start would be to request a CCA from them at £1 each one, and if further paperwork is required, then maybe a Subject Access Request (SAR) at a cost of £10 cheque or postal order, where they have 40 calendar days to comply.
    A CCA should be 12 days, but give and take a day or 2 to give a total of 14 days.
    A CCA will definately enclose details of PPI if any.

Now, if the balance's have been moved on to the DCA, you still pursue to make a reclaim on the PPI (if any) by pursuing the business who set up and sold you the accounts.

However, some if successful may suggest that as there is still an outstanding balance owed, they may forward any refund to that balance of the DCA and the interest and anything remaining should be refunded directly to you.

But every business may differ, where you may receive the refund directly to you anyway, even if the debt is with the DCA.

Hope this info helps.

Comment

Yes thanks Di

Comment

LOL

Your very welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
          Yes thanks Di
          You and me both mate.

Isnt that what they call the 'circle of life' ?

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
            You and me both mate.

Isnt that what they call the 'circle of life' ?
            lol yeah, should be called the pear shape sometimes.

Comment

Working...
            X