GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script No Luck with Littlewoods (Success at last!!) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Luck with Littlewoods (Success at last!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Luck with Littlewoods (Success at last!!)

I had no luck with Littlewoods, they did not uphold and the FOS won't help as it was before 2005.

I was told it's the end of the road as a final decsision has been made, I got the SAR details and they said that I did have it but cancelled. I had a back complaint before the insurance was taken out so it would have been of no use to me, I even spoke to an independent reclaim adviser and he was kind enough to try and point me in the right direction but just hit another dead end!

Re: No Luck with Littlewoods

Hi trb and welcome to AAD, I've moved your post from Cym’s thread -- > Littlewoods Extra care 500 insurance to your own thread
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi and welcome

Do not let it go, because many of us here been successful, and ours were also pre 2005, there are ways around this.

Now was it Littlewoods you wrote to or shopdirect? How many times did you write to them?

Comment

........Also to add to my above post,.

What reasons did you give them?

Comment

Hi di30,

It was Shop Direct I wrote to.

I wrote to them twice, once to complain about being mis-sold due to having a pre-existing medical condition and that I did not ask for cover to be added and the second time to make an SAR.

Although when I got the details from the SAR there was no record of the phone interview they carried out, I asked for this and they said that everything had been provided but it had not.
          Last edited by trb; 26 April 2014, 13:53.

Comment

Originally posted by trb View Post
            Hi di30,

I wrote to them twice, once to complain about being mis-sold due to having a pre-existing medical condition and that I did not ask for cover to be added and the second time to make an SAR.

Although when I got the details from the SAR there was no record of the phone interview they carried out, I asked for this and they said that everything had been provided but it had not.
            Right I will get back to you on the complaint, but in regards of the SAR, email them and tell them as they suggested they provided you with the scripts from the telephone call, say again that you have "not" received this and you will appreciate it if they send you another copy, as they must hold this on file, then say failure to comply to the Data Protection Act (DPA) you will give them a further 7 days to send this and any other information they still hold, or you will be making a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).

Comment

Me again lol.

Check this out here.......

http://ico.org.uk/for_the_public/personal_information

this template is the 2nd letter you send about the SAR

[Your full address]
              [Phone number]
              [The date]
              [Name and address of the organisation]
              Dear Sir or Madam

Non response to a subject access request

I am writing further to my letter of [date] in which I made a subject access request, because I have not received any response from your organisation.
              As the statutory time limit for responding to my subject access request (40 days) has now expired, I would be grateful if you could provide a response as soon as possible.
              If I do not receive a response from your organisation within 14 days, I will submit a ‘request for assessment’ to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).

You can find advice on the ICO’s website on how to deal with a subject access request [ico.org.uk/sar] and information on their powers and the action they can take [ico.org.uk/action] or call them on 0303 123 1113.
              *If there is anything you would like to discuss, please contact me on the following [telephone number].
              Yours faithfully

[Signature]
              *optional
              .................................................. .................................................. ........................................

I would add in that part where is says they have not sent you a response, I woujld add that they failed to fully comply as you did "not" receive the telephone details script of the telephone calls.

Comment

Did you email or write by post to complain?

I have the Chief Executive Officer (CEO email address) below.
                who covers littlewoods and many other catalogues.

alex.baldock@shopdirect.com

What I would do is write to them again and send the copy to the above, let me know if you require the littlewoods/shopdirect email address as well.

Tell them you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint and you have raised a genuine reason to make a complaint to request for a full refund of all you paid of the insurance that you would not be able to use due to a medical condition, that you also had at the time they applied the insurance to your account. I would also add that I would have raised this earlier, but its only recently I became aware of mis sold insurance, where I do truly believe applies to me. i didnt want it, it was just applied to my account, if I knew back then it was worthless to me, I would have obviously cancelled it (and if I had known I could have cancelled), but I taken it to be part of the full account, as I did not know any different. And add that you have learnt of many others in the same position as yourself which is why you have raised this with them, as a right to do so and also confirm you are aware despite it being pre 2005 they were also successful.
                i would give them 7 days to reconsider.

Comment

Thanks Di,

I called them at first and they sent me a form to fill in, I sent it back and everything was dealt with by post and phone so I don't have their email address.

After I got the SAR I called them to complain that it was not complete, they then wrote back to say that they had sent me everything they had and they keep on referring to a Very account which I did not have, it was a Littlewoods Extra account. There was no full transcript or recording of the phone interview sent, just a brief report which did not detail the full conversation just snippets of what they thought was relevant. So I guess all I can do is to try and get them to look at the case again.

They claim the policy was sold to me on 28/08/2001 and that I cancelled it on 11/03/2005 although I had the Littlewoods account after the 2005 date, and they said because I had limited means to cover my payments and made no mention of the back complaint that I had suffered from since before I opened the account. They said to take it to the FOS which I did and they would not help due to the 2005 limit, but surely asI still had the policy after the 13/01/2005 date that the FOS say that it then fell under their remit then surely they should still look into it?

To be honest I have not done anything about it all since I got the FOS letter back on 26/02/2013 but still feel that Littlewoods have pulled a fast one and got away with it, I did speak with an independent called Roger Smith who was very helpful but he said he does not think there is much I can do about it since I got a final letter from Shop Direct, he said to try going after the underwriters but I can't get any information on this and Shop Direct could only provide a name of Aviva who were no help whatsoever.

I still have all the written communications from Shop Direct/FOS.

Comment

Hiya

thanks for the information.

What I would do now is then email the CEO, tell him due to personal issues its only now you have got round to sending him the email, tell the CEO his complaints team have underestimated your complaint and the fact that it was not mentioned about you having a med condition at the time it was sold to you because it not was at all discussed to you by the adviser, so therefore you were not clear on what it entailed, but only since the media has raised the mis selling of insurance and having a pre med condition was one of them, that's when you realised you had a case.
                    And any info from my other email that may apply to you too.

Its a right pain when it comes to the FOS not being able to look at complaints that were not then regulated by the FSA, as they go by the time the policy was sold to you, so they have gone by 2001.

Do give the CEO a go, let us know and we can go forward from there. Keep at them and good luck.

Comment

Will definitely give it a go.

Cheers.

Tony.

Comment

Definitely fight this some more! As you have seen from my thread it is possible to get your payments refunded. My account was opened in 2001 and had been closed for several years plus I had asthma.
                        Good luck and you should succeed with Di's guidance, she helped me!
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So it's been a while since I have posted but.........SUCCESS!!!

Just got a letter from Shop Direct saying they are going to pay out £400!!!

I did a little digging and found that as the PPI policy was sold before 22 December 2003 it was underwritten by Aviva Insurance Ltd, I then contacted Shop Direct (SDFC Ltd) and the guy there hinted that I should go after Aviva as 'your claim may be successful this time'. I contacted Aviva with all the details and they then passed it to SDFC Ltd, I then got a letter from SDFC saying they are acting on Aviva's behalf and will be in contact.

Sure enough got the letter upholding the complaint this morning.

Thanks to all for your help!

Comment

Well done trb, I do love good news on AAD

Best wishes
                            IF
                            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Great news trb Thanks for the update.
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X