GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HSBS Phone Loan - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBS Phone Loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBS Phone Loan

Hi all.

Im going to try some ppi claim in case i am entitled to something back. Before I do as im a "noob" at all this stuff i thought id ask a couple of things.
    I dont have any paperwork, but read that i can still go ahead and try and HSBC will have all my past history?
    One loan i took out was over the phone with a load advisor and i remember him stating that on a loan that amount 15k i think they would have to include ppi. Is there a way that all calls are monitored to back this up?

Also i wondered if when you take a loan with your bank, do you get a new loan account number for that loan or say i applied for a consolidating loan do you think theyd use the same loan account number? I only ask as I cant find any paperwork and only have the most recent loan account number.

Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by sinbin; 7 June 2012, 12:37.

Re: HSBS Phone Loan

You should always SAR the bank then do the reclaim.

A SAR covers all data about you, thus account numbers etc won't be necessary as they ought to send everything you have ever had with them.

Make sense?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Link----------> Subject Access (SAR) - Typical Request
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

^^^ please link to advanced request - never send typical for reclaims - always use advanced
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          ^^^ please link to advanced request - never send typical for reclaims - always use advanced
          -----------> Subject Access (SAR) - Advanced Request

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi there

Yes a SAR can be a big help when it comes to reclaiming, they have up to 40 calendar days to provide you with the data for a £10 cheque or postal order charge, post by recorded delivery.

Details of the PPI should be enclosed within the SAR, any details of phone calls either sent by disk form or written transcripts.

Then to make a reclaim, you simply just complete the reclaim questionnaire below link, below is the link to the questionnaire, once completed send to HSBC main office/complaints, but remember to keep a copy for yourself as well.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.doc

You should receive a confirmation/acknowledgement letter within a week or 2, they should also confirm a timescale of when you should hear, but they do have 8 weeks to send a final decision.

Ask for further help if required.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Everyone.

I shall do as suggested and keep you updated.

Comment

Working...
              X