GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 2nd letter for credit card charges. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd letter for credit card charges.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd letter for credit card charges.

Has anyone got a good "Second" letter to reclaim credit card charges?

Have a couple of very old ones on my computer, but there must be better ones - ones I have are from when it first kicked off and no one was sure what to do.

As it is something I have not done for a while, not sure if editing these slightly will be good enough.

Thanks all
    Oscar
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: 2nd letter for credit card charges.

The one from OTR.

cc_letter2.doc

Don't know if that does what you want though?

Or if it does, if you can bring yourself to use a template from there.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That, apart from the box, is similar to the one I have.

If it still works ok, then may as well edit/amend template and use that.

Comment

I presume it does. Not a lot really changed with CC reclaiming, as the OFT court case only applied to OD charges.

There may be a better worded letter on other sites?

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
          I presume it does. Not a lot really changed with CC reclaiming, as the OFT court case only applied to OD charges.

There may be a better worded letter on other sites?
          I know there are ones that spount Jargon about Dunlop tyres etc, but not sure if all that is needed. I also have one here that mentions the Fair Trading Act and Trading Practices Act?!

Comment

Hi

Don't know what you put on your first letter, but searching around, I came across this from the site below (letter 2).

[Insert your name]
            [Insert your address]
            [Insert your postcode]
            [Insert your telephone number]

[Insert date]
            [Insert name of credit card provider]
            [Insert address of credit card provider]

Dear Sir/Madam,
            Ref: [Insert your account number]
            I am writing to request that you, [Insert the name of your credit card provider], refund all of the default charges applied, during the past six years from the date of this letter, to the account I hold with you. I do not believe that these charges reflect the actual cost to [Insert the name of your credit card provider] and consequently, under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations 1999, believe them to be unfair and unlawful.

Include the following paragraph if you wish to reclaim all of the charges applied to your account

Therefore, I am requesting that you repay me £[Insert total sum of the charges you wish to reclaim], an amount which represents the total charges applied to my account during this time.

Include the following paragraph if you wish to reclaim the difference between the charges applied to your account and the OFT’s acceptable charge of £12.

Therefore, I am requesting that you repay me £[Insert total sum of the charges you wish to reclaim], an amount which represents the difference between the charges applied to my account during this time and the £12 maximum amount deemed fair by the OFT.
            For your reference I have attached full details of these charges.

Attach a list of charges made to your account including the date on which the charge was applied and the exact amount. You will also need to keep a copy of this list for yourself.

I look forward to receiving a response from you within the next 14 days.

Yours faithfully

[Insert your signature]

[Insert your full name]

Read more: http://www.money.co.uk/article/10032...#ixzz1v7bVOzrR

Comment

Woo hoo.

Had response to my second letter - result - £300!

Comment

Well Done Oscar I do love seeing them being kicked between the legs

Comment

Fantastic result Oscar, YES!!!!!

Congratulations matie, fantastic work!

Comment

Working...
                  X