GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BBA and PPI - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBA and PPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBA and PPI

I have been helping a friend recently claim back PPI on an old loan.

Their response says something along the lines of the decision (to payout) was made before the BBA decided to take the FOS and FSA to court??!!

As far as I was aware, there is no court case as yet - although I know there has been talk of getting "clarification" - but until such times as this is obtained, there is also no hold on any complaints.

Have I got this wrong?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: BBA and PPI

Hi Oscar

To what I am aware of, if the case was an ongoing case before all this matter of freezing of PPI complaints came about on 8 October 2010, they should be dealing with them, and freezing new complaints from that date.
    Is this actually with a bank?

You could contact the FOS as a general query who will or should be able to confirm if that actual company are involved or not - I believe Santander are one of those continuing to deal with complaints, but the majority of the others have frozen only new complaints as from the date stated above, I would contact the FOS to have this clarified.

Good luck. k

Comment

Thanks Di,

It is a bank - Halifax. The complaint has been dealt with, it was just the comments in their letter that they made the decision before the "freeze".

I wasnt aware there had been a freeze so to speak. Is this just individual banks or industry wide as the bank charges were?

If so, guess that rules out the credit card complaint re PPI - was just about to send that on behlaf of someone.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar
        Thanks Di,

It is a bank - Halifax. The complaint has been dealt with, it was just the comments in their letter that they made the decision before the "freeze".

I wasnt aware there had been a freeze so to speak. Is this just individual banks or industry wide as the bank charges were?

If so, guess that rules out the credit card complaint re PPI - was just about to send that on behlaf of someone.

Hiya
        With this being a complaint prior to the date this all started, I believe it should be ok.

From what I am aware of its just high street banks.

Have a read of this here:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Com ... /153.shtml

D
        x

Comment

Thanks Di, thats very helpful

Comment

Your very welcome Oscar X k

Comment

Any updates on this one Oscar?

Comment

Sorry Di, only just seen this.

Yep - a good update. they got paid on both loans!

I believe they actually made a mistake with one and gave them too much!

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                  Sorry Di, only just seen this.

Yep - a good update. they got paid on both loans!

I believe they actually made a mistake with one and gave them too much!

Fab news Oscar. Great work!

That's their own fault if they overpaid too much lol.

Comment

Nearly £6K and two claims still to go I believe

Comment

That is wonderful Oscar!

Comment

Working...
                      X