GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script santander interest - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

santander interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• santander interest

on a plan with santander just had my anual statement i have paid 12 instalments of £32.33 = 387.96 then hit me with £894 in added interest what winkers
    at the start of this journey i owed
    £52000.00 UNSECURED £5000.00 SECURED
    £0000.00 secured debt as of 17/12/2010 fingers crossed
    on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]
    as of 17/03/13 its now £26K AND £15K UE
    ITS COMING DOWN SLOWLY WHILE STILL ENJOYING MY LIFE

Re: santander interest

What type of account is is wishfull? And has it been defaulted yet?

Comment

it is a loan account and yes it has been deafaulted
      on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]

Comment

hi wishfull,
        Just had a quick look and see this is part of your UE Diary.
        Can't see on there whether you actually sent a CCA Request for this? If so, what happened?

You're just throwing money into an ever deepening pit whilever they are adding interest, so we need to address that. Did you ask them to freeze interest when the payment plan was set up?

Comment

no cca request was made as the account was quite new [on niddys suggestion] yes i asked for interest to be froze i used a template off here

Comment

Originally posted by wishfullthinking View Post
            no cca request was made as the account was quite new [on niddys suggestion] yes i asked for interest to be froze i used a template off here
            What do you think about going down the dmp route for this? May be easier and deffo helps if they can force the issue with charges - we do have someone that can help.

Pointless CCAing as its post 2007
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Wishful

I think if it was me, its an enforceable account and you are trying to pay it back, it may well be time for a wee telephone call to FOS to complain about Santander. Before I found Niddy and we were on a DMP, I did this with Amex, they apologised, refunded the interest they had charged and popped me a cheque for #25.00 for my pain and suffering, so worth a go and its only a phone call
              consumer helpline

Monday to Friday – 8am to 6pm
              Saturday – 9am to 1pm
              • 0800 023 4567
                free for people phoning from a "fixed line" (for example, a landline at home)
              • 0300 123 9 123
                free for mobile-phone users who pay a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 or 02

we'll be happy to phone you back, if you're worried about the cost of calling us

Remember this is only worth a shot if the debt is enforceable, you are paying it and they are being eejits.

Good luck, keep us updated.

Comment

Yep well worth considering, thanks Mrs Dopey
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

thanks will call them today santander have been the worst of all my crediters

Comment

i called the fos last saturday sorry for not posting earlyer but thats down to the sucess of this site teaching me the way of keeping money away from crediters allowing me to have two days on the beer the fos tried to fob me off by saying i needed to write to santander to complain etc allowing 8 weeks etc to get back to me so i said i have copys of letters [niddys templates]4 in total asking for the interest to be frozen so she sais fair enough and opened a complaint so fingers crossed i hope they remove the added interest as a gesture of good will i also asked weather it would be worth complaining about unreasonable lending [as per a thought niddy threw at me some time ago] told her about it and she said it is something they would be able to look at but need to complian first so thats what im going to do,

Comment

well done, its not the greatest for the big complaints but they seem to like to flex a wee muscle or two for these types of stuff. When we were on the dmp at the beginning, I did it for Amex mainly after shitty amex employee told me they were an american bank and they could ignore any laws/guidelines here, annoyed me big time, so phoned FOS, got all the interest back and compo as well, (25/50) so definitely worth a go.

ridiculous they tried to fob you off at first though
                      it so proves knowledge is power!!!

Comment

came home today to a letter from fos took all my details etc wrong i know im not the best at rteading and writing but this woman hasnt listened to half of what i said but they have raised a complaint with santander so gonna put a leteer together tomorow

Comment

Working...
                        X