GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit Card Debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit Card Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card Debt

Ok,

Ive decided to stop ignoring my constant chase ups letters phone calls etc etc I am getting from unpaid credit card debt. I have around 5 old debts which i have not done anything with for years and ignored all correspodence firstly from the credit card companies and thereafter DCA. I wasnt able to pay due to my old business going into liquidation and also my partners health being poor.

I am now in a better financial position and earning and would like some advise as I cant ignore forever!

Am I best trying to contact the original company to get information on the debt and try and come to an agreement with them?

Do I continue to ignore hoping they may one day go away!

last week I received a letter from Judge and priestley regards a debt with 1st Credit which was originally a marks & Spencer card debt for £1500ish

I have a debt being chased by Fidelity Credit management by a guy giving my wife card at the door though not sure whos debt this is.

I owe Coop Card around £9k, Halifax card about the same, Marks & Spencer £1500 and Tesco £1500ish

Probably not paid anything on most for many years not sure exactly but well over 4 years

Its a horrid thing but I just want to get rid of it now the easiest way! As most know it can affect a lot in life which is hard enough!

Re: Credit Card Debt

You need to send CCA requests with the £1 fee to the DCA chasing the debt. The best thing to do would be to have a look at some if the UE diaries and decide if that's the route you want to follow.

If you do, then you should start your own diary listing each debt, along with details of any correspondence received. There is a guide in the unenforceability diaries section of the forum.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Comment

Thanks JLC i think i need to do some more reading on the forum and then take a view. It makes interesting reading at first glance!

Comment

JLC do i send for all the CCA's as and when I get the letters? Aslo do i send to Fidelity who are collector?

Comment

If you know who are the DCAs and you know the reference numbers, I'd get them sent off as soon as possible. If they are UE, then you know that they can't take you to court for the debt and it gives you a bit more confidence in dealing with them. There are templates in the template section.

Comment

It is also worth having a look through the old bank and/or card statements to get an idea of when they were last paid, and if you still have all the letters to see when they were defaulted so that you have a better idea of where you are with them when they eventually reply to your CCA request If you do have the old correspondance it will be easier if you have a file or folder for each debt and put everything in chronological order.
            When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Unfortunately Susie I dont think i have any paperwork, tended to destroy as didnt want it on show! Silly I know now!

Comment

ah well can't be helped, you didn't have a crystal ball to know you may need them in the future,
                so to begin
                Judge and priestley you need to send a CCA request to them asap, these are the legal arm of 1st, (there is a template for this) http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495038 ,send it signed for so that you can check it has been received,
                then send one to all the others, dont forget the £1 fee, you can send thse signed for OR get proof of posting.

when you get anything more post back, Good luck x
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi and welcome to AAD. Read this section http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...dit-Agreements as it will give you ideas of how to proceed. Accounts become statute barred and unenforceable if they aren't acknowledged for 6 years which may have a bearing on your actions. If you do decide to go down the UE route, then please start a diary with a post for each account to nsure you get the best help.
                  As nightwatch has said, send your CCA requests with £1 and recorded delivery to the last people chasing each account. Take care with Judge and Priestly. If you do receive a legal claim from them, post here asap as we have a very successful legal team.

Good luck and don't forget to ask questions, no matter how trivial, it's always better to check before replying to anything!
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you all wish i had found this forum a while back and saved a few grey hairs! I will send the CCA to 1st credit today and also the should I send Judge & Priestley a "Pre Action Conduct - Request for Further Information" letter? Then send Fidelity Debt management a CCA first or send them I do not recognise the debt letter and enc denial of implied right of access or send them both letters?

Also have a new one yesterday perfect timing from Capquest Re Arrow Global I take it i just send them a CCA.

Thanks again all its appreciated and I will be making a donation shortly. I'll start the UE diary also as suggested and log everything from now on.

Comment

Hi HV and welcome to AAD

What exactly did the letter from Judge and Priestly say?

Have you had any letters from Fidelity Debt Management?

Yes, send a cca request to Capquest.

From now on, whenever you receive any letters date the letter and the envelope and staple them together before filing them. It's helpful to have a separate file for each debt.
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Many thanks Pixie,

From memory the letter was headed debt due to 1st credit which then mentioned Marks and Spencers along with the debt (Just over £1500).

It said they had been instructed by 1st credit and general blurb. The bottom section asked for a response within 16 days otherwise the client may issue court proceedings. (I know should of kept it but was still at the point of ignoring and destroying all correspondence.

I don't recall any letters from Fidelity no but couldn't be 100% certain.

I will keep all letters and file them from now on.

Many thanks again.

Comment

Hi HV and welcome to AAD. I am glad you have found us and I am confident that we can help you get this in some sort of order.

There is some really good advice there with regard to sending off the CCA requests

Can you just confirm that you have sent a CCA request off to Judge & Priestley? As it stands it would appear that they are the main ones to focus on at the minute.

The CCA request to J&P should cause them to write back ( and ideally put anything on hold) so I would'nt send anything else off just yet as we cannot be sure exactly what their letter said and you would'nt want to be going in too strong if it was'nt needed just yet.

On the face of it, If these have not been paid for 4 or so years the UE route could work really well for you so do take the time to update a diary for each debt

You are in a good place here, keep in touch and together we will do doubt get you on the right track

Comment

Cheers Spud,

I havent sent any CCA as yet as waiting for a response on whether I send the CCA to Judge & Priestley or 1st Credit. Also do i send the letters to Fidelity for stopping them coming to harass me in person or just the CCA to them (or both). I will send the CCA to Capquest also today and all will be sent recorded with PO for £1.

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by HerefordVet View Post
                              I havent sent any CCA as yet as waiting for a response on whether I send the CCA to Judge & Priestley or 1st Credit.

You send the CCA Request to the creditor (i.e.1st Credit) with a copy of it to the solicitors (Judge & Priestley).

If that was a Letter Before Action/Claim from J & P then you can reply with the forum's LBA response letter which is at the bottom of post # 1 when you click on the Templates tab at the top of the page. Enclose a copy of your CCA Request with it.

Di

Comment

Working...
                              X