GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help Repairing Credit File - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Repairing Credit File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Repairing Credit File

A few years back I had a bit of a meltdown after my marriage failed and through a period of depression and "head in the sand" my financial dealings deteriorated and imploded!!!3 years later I'm back on the straight and narrow and trying to rebuild my life.... and my credit file!!!There is a legacy of three items which are causing a fairly major issue with my ability to get a mortgage:1. A default notice registered in the name of Lowell for what was a balance on a Next Directory account.2. A CCJ for a debt that I dispute.3. A CCJ for a debt that I accept.Is there anything that I can do in order to have these negative entries removed or mitigated?I understand that there is an appeal type process against a CCJ however will the length of time since the judgement was made exclude me from being able to use this course of action?I've not paid a penny against either of the CCJs or the default so if I can't get them removed then I guess it's a matter of sitting it out for the next three years, but ideally I'd like to pay what I owe and for this to have a positive affect on my credit rating!Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Help Repairing Credit File

I'm presuming you also have defaults for the CCJs

The problem is that the defaults reflect the true state of the accounts, you defaulted, they record it. It's very rare to have these removed if they are a true reflection.

If you haven't paid anything to any of these for three years, I would keep my head down and try to go the six years without payment or acknowledgement, the defaults will fall off and the debt will be SB. It would then be very difficult for anyone to chase the CCjs at that point if there has been no contact for 6 years and they would in fact have to go back to court to convince a DJ that they had good reason, something that doesn't happen often. So, in essence, I would keep my head down for another three years and look at the record then. Don't keep getting your credit records though, you are flagging yourself up and more or less advertising where you are. I would just continue to do what you've been doing.

Comment

Re: Help Repairing Credit File

I agree with what MrsD has said. Keep your head down and sit out the next three years as mortgage lenders will look at 6 years of your credit file so it's highly unlikely that you'll get a mortgage until then. Use this time to save up for a good deposit which should make it easier to get a mortgage. Good luck.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X