GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hillesden Debt Surveillance Programme MBNA credit card - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hillesden Debt Surveillance Programme MBNA credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillesden Debt Surveillance Programme MBNA credit card

I had a credit card with MBNA with about £500 outstanding. I haven't paid since 2009 when MBNA refused to pay out on PPI claiming I had the "wrong kind of unemployment". I haven't made a PPI reclaim just put this one to the back of my mind.

All has been quiet since the account has been moved through a series of DCA's last year. Yesterday came a letter from dlc giving me a Notice of Debt Surveillance Programme. They are going to instruct a field agent, enquire about my financial circumstances and check me regularly. not.

In the same letter they offer a 75% discount if I pay up within 7 days. Or pay them £5 a month.

Could someone advise me please? I have never applied for a CCA. The account was opened in 1995 or 96, too long ago to remember. My problem is that this account in a previous name so if I apply for the CCA then it rather shows I am still here and will link this account with my current name. At the moment this debt is not showing on my credit file. I think the chances of it being UE are high, particularly as they're are offering such a fulsome discount for settlement. Is this one safe to ignore for the moment?

Re: Hillesden Debt Surveillance Programme MBNA credit card

I would just sit on this for now. No threats of litigation, let them check all they like, but for £500.00 I don't think they will.

Comment

Maybe, but you need to know if DLC have bought the debt or not. DLC do go for charging orders. (not sure what the CO threshold is though) Since you have already received a letter from them i fail to see how sending a CCA request will make them know your there? they already know your there.

Send the request in your old name, if you really dont want to give em your new one.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

OK will send a CCA request off. Wish me luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Sappho View Post
          OK will send a CCA request off. Wish me luck!
          Fingers crossed for you Sappho
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X