GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help Needed - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed

Got a card from Power2Contact saying they wanted to talk to me about a water bill. It arrived last week or the week before, I haven't contacted them and haven't heard anything further. I've read I'm not supposed to talk to them. I'm paying the water bill by direct debit and I've had no DDs bounced, also the amount they are claiming is much higher than just a couple of months.

I also have a letter from HMRC about tax credits overpayment, I only claimed tax credits for a year and didn't renew the claim after that, my circumstances didn't change after I submitted the claim so I don't know why they say they overpaid me.

Also have a couple of letters from AK which I have ignored and there has been no more contact from them. I'm not really sure what the debt is for, I have a distant memory of dealing with AK in the past. It's not a big sum but I'm not just going to pay if I don't know what the debt is in the first place.

I'm not sure how this forum works, should I start a new thread for all this? If so, where would be the best place for it as it refers to three separate issues.

Thanks again

Re: Help Needed

Hi sunnyspell and welcome, I've moved your post so you will have more views and support
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi sunnyspell.

I'm not sure why Power2Contact have got in touch with you if your direct debit payments are up to date. I think I would send http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...-debt-prove-it to them.

How long is it since you had the letters from AK? If quite recent I would send the same letter to them. If it's a while ago I would just wait until they write again.

Sorry, I don't know about Tax Credits except there seems to be a lot of instances where they claim overpayment. I think it's because of the way the system works. I know they use the previous year's figures so if those were different from the ones for the year you claimed that could explain the possible overpayment. There'll be others along later who know far more about Tax Credits than I do.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

For your Tax Credit query, I would start a thread here -- > DWP and Benefits
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
          Hi sunnyspell.

I'm not sure why Power2Contact have got in touch with you if your direct debit payments are up to date. I think I would send http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...-debt-prove-it to them.
          Thanks for the link, Pixie. I assume they will have to provide statements or something to back up their allegations that I owe them that money when they get the letter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            How long is it since you had the letters from AK? If quite recent I would send the same letter to them. If it's a while ago I would just wait until they write again.
            The letters were sent in June/July, would you say that's recent?

Comment

I'm assuming that AK are Aktiv Kapital. They're known for buying old/statute-barred debts and even sending "phishing" letters to people with the same name in the hope that someone will pay up.

It's up to you. If you don't know what this debt is you could send the "prove it" letter.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Pixie. Sorry yes it's Aktive Kapital and I'm not sure what this is for, will send the letter asking them to prove I owe them the money and see what they come back with.

Comment

Working...
                X