GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HELP! disabled with so much debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! disabled with so much debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HELP! disabled with so much debt

Statue Bar=SB. The date you are aiming for in 6 years time. The date you stop fending off the leeches and start telling them to do something nasty to themselves. Its the date that the whole purpose of the forum was built around and we are all aspiring to.

Apex are pussies. Just post up your next correspondence with them and I expect there will be short shrift letter going back to them.

On this account you are now firmly in control.

Make sure you have a copy of that letter stored somewhere safe. Dont just keep the original make copies.

Comment

SB is the Statute Barred date, generally 6 years from the day after the first missed payment (5 years in Scotland, lucky beggars ) after that you're totally home free if you haven't paid or acknowledged a debt regulated by the Consumer Credit Act. (Loans, Cards, HP, overdrafts)

Comment

Haha ditto Ken

Comment

snap

Comment

Thank you, this is the letter I received from Apex, do I reply?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Apex edited..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	1394582x.

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
              SB is the Statute Barred date, generally 6 years from the day after the first missed payment (5 years in Scotland, lucky beggars ) after that you're totally home free if you haven't paid or acknowledged a debt regulated by the Consumer Credit Act. (Loans, Cards, HP, overdrafts)
              The only thing I have is a bank statement to say iv paid a last monthly £20 in April as they have sent me no statements since apex took over.

Comment

[QUOTE=jillyiant;324127]Good morning! well today brought a surprise, I received some papers from lloyds & its something that I must have forgot about because its not what I asked for, its a different reference number and regards a personal loan and not a credit card dating back to 2004, looks like a zero balance but Im not sure. Its a bit strange because I cant remember even having it let alone paying it up. Old age kicking in. It still says enforcible on it though so wtf? think I will be scanning and sedding to Niddy if thats ok. And I have just realised this is my old bank account that I had with my ex hubby, can I claim back the ppi lol

EMAILED TO NIDDY![/QUO

Forgot to say this is what I received when I asked for a cca for my credit card........ Surely this is a BIG mistake. why would they send this out when it is paid up & a different loan.....

Comment

Post 110 Apex. Unless anyone says differently I would ignore.

Post 111 is the start of the 6 years as long as you follow the advice on here and dont write or pay anything without running it past the team here. April 2019 is the date you are aspiring to on this account.

Post 112. Wait for Niddy to say what to do if you have sent him the CCA.

Comment

[QUOTE=jillyiant;324684]
                    Originally posted by jillyiant View Post
                    Good morning! well today brought a surprise, I received some papers from lloyds & its something that I must have forgot about because its not what I asked for, its a different reference number and regards a personal loan and not a credit card dating back to 2004, looks like a zero balance but Im not sure. Its a bit strange because I cant remember even having it let alone paying it up. Old age kicking in. It still says enforcible on it though so wtf? think I will be scanning and sedding to Niddy if thats ok. And I have just realised this is my old bank account that I had with my ex hubby, can I claim back the ppi lol

EMAILED TO NIDDY![/QUO

Forgot to say this is what I received when I asked for a cca for my credit card........ Surely this is a BIG mistake. why would they send this out when it is paid up & a different loan.....

Heard from Niddy and he says ignore..... I still cant get over the fact its not what I asked for and its for a personal loan that I seem to have paid back in 3 months! Id like to know if lloyds realise they sent the wrong thing, can they come back on me to say I should have let them know? I suppose I will hear from them soon though asking for money.

Comment

don't worry, this is quite common, they get accounts mixed up all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                        don't worry, this is quite common, they get accounts mixed up all the time.
                        Do they keep a note of what they have sent then.

Comment

doubt it, since they don't appear to know sometimes

Comment

It's fine Jilly..anything that shows them up for the incompetent beggars they are is good

When they start pestering about the credit card, they'll be told they haven't complied with the CCA
                            They'll say "I think you'll find we have, Mrs Debtor"
                            You'll say "I beg to differ, here's what you sent, daft beggars"
                            etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                              It's fine Jilly..anything that shows them up for the incompetent beggars they are is good

When they start pestering about the credit card, they'll be told they haven't complied with the CCA
                              They'll say "I think you'll find we have, Mrs Debtor"
                              You'll say "I beg to differ, here's what you sent, daft beggars"
                              etc...

Thank you thats cleared up my worries thank you Elsa. received 2 more letters today regarding capital one & vanquis,( partners) had no cca,s yet. Next move please? Funny how just logging on here when you get a letter makes you feel soooooo much better.

Name:	impact edited.jpg
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	1394602

Name:	cougar edited.jpg
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1394604

Comment

Hi Jilly,
                                Nothing to worry about in either of those. They can't do anything while they're in default of your CCA requests. I would ignore for now if it was me.
                                Am I right in thinking Vanquis have not defaulted you and are still charging you interest?
                                If so then they'll shortly issue a default notice (ignore) then terminate the account, which is good as it should stop the damn interest - which they should have frozen anyway when they became aware of your financial difficulties.

I'm glad you're gaining confidence from the site, it makes such a difference to share the problem and realise you don't have to be afraid of their silly automated threats
                                Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 24 June 2013, 08:41.

Comment

Working...
                                X