GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HELP! disabled with so much debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! disabled with so much debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP! disabled with so much debt

I have also just realised after going through paperwork that a catalogue that dates back ten years is still in my ex husbands name I have never changed it just kept paying it, how do i deal with this one.

Comment

Hi Jilly,
      Have you ordered stuff from it yourself where you live now? Or is it solely his debt?

Elsa x

Comment

I did continue to order & pay without realising it was in his name cause it just said Mr, it was probably always mr without me ever taking any notice.

Comment

Hi Jilly,
          How much is left to pay on this, and what amount have you been paying each month?
          Did you send a CCA Request for this one?
          (Sorry for all the questions, just need to know the best way to handle this one )

Comment

There is about £550 and I was paying £35 a month, to be honest it is the one that I liked, have had the longest and have kept up because was the most useful for things. I havent sent a cca especially once i realised it wasnt even in my name. I spoke to my ex hubby last night about it as we are still good friends and he said not to worry about it, his not bothered that it is in his name.

Comment

That's good. It would be tricky if you stopped paying as obviously they would chase your ex for the money, not you. Are you able to keep paying this till it's done?

Comment

I dont think I have a choice really, i did try to change the name but was unable to do so.

Comment

Shame, as many of these old catalogue debts are unenforceable

Comment

I suppose I could get him to send a cca? although he has never lived at this address.

Comment

I'd be very wary of doing that tbh..see what others think...

Comment

Received cca from lloyds this morning, signed copy of agreement with no date & some other docs with terms & conditions, cnt even remember signing these so was a long while ago, we are thinking 2006/7. It says it is enforcible!

Comment

Originally posted by jillyiant View Post
                          Received cca from lloyds this morning, signed copy of agreement with no date & some other docs with terms & conditions, cnt even remember signing these so was a long while ago, we are thinking 2006/7. It says it is enforcible!
                          Send it to Niddy for a look----> agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                            I'd be very wary of doing that tbh..see what others think...
                            I'd be very wary as well, technically you shouldn't have been ordering from this one as it's not in your name. Personally I'd just get it paid off as best you can.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                              I'd be very wary as well, technically you shouldn't have been ordering from this one as it's not in your name. Personally I'd just get it paid off as best you can.

Yes I agree. It was always mine as ex hubby never had anything to do with stuff like that, just an oversight on m part that it says Mr.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                                Send it to Niddy for a look----> agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk
                                Thank you I will, now scaning so i can send

Comment

Working...
                                X