GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HELP! disabled with so much debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! disabled with so much debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP! disabled with so much debt

Had a letter from Apex today to say account put on hold and returned to original lender. wonder how long it will be before we hear from them.

Comment

Could be a while. A bit of peace for you

Comment

After hearing from Niddy about LTS felt a bit better then this letter arrived this morning from cougar for capital one. OMG just what i was hoping to avoid. what do you think guys?
        Attached Files

Comment

Still have not had a notification of receiving cca from capital one or vanquish either. How long do they have to reply?

Comment

They're supposed to supply it within 12 days of receiving the CCA Request, but rarely do. However they should acknowledge and state they'll hold action until they can supply it.

Just remind me...Did you get confirmation of delivery on this one?
            Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 5 June 2013, 08:12.

Comment

Originally posted by jillyiant View Post
              Hi everyone cca's have been received as signatures obtained albeit really bad ones, signed and written Andrew & credit solutions on the other one.I have attached for all to see or rather I hope I have[ATTACH]8631[/ATTACH]

Also a couple of letters we have received, thoughts please?

Yes had a signature from cougar finance just printed Andrew I do believe, it makes me wonder if they are taught to sign stupidly so they can deny all knowledge, I have a copy on here in a previous post.

Comment

After hearing from Niddy about LTS felt a bit better then this letter arrived this morning from cougar for capital one. OMG just what i was hoping to avoid. what do you think guys?

Write:- Your Power2contact has been recinded.

Note the May vist you = usual threatogram? mind you why not do anything the old way using the Pisx pot out of top window?lol
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi,
                  Don't worry about power to contact if they turn up which they rarely do just say no thanks I only communicate via letter and shut the door they have no right to do anything. There is also a template on here to send to them refusing a visit. Really don't worry about them. and use the pisspot as well
                  Last edited by helmsman; 5 June 2013, 08:25.

Comment

Hi Jilly,
                    Because of your particular circumstances, I've amended the templates into one letter to include, illness, non receipt of CCA request and doorstep visit threat.
                    I would send them this:

Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXX
                    Dear Sirs,
                    I am in receipt of your letter of xxxx in which you state that you intend to visit my home to discuss the above debt.
                    There is obviously a lack of communication between you and your client, as on (date) they signed for receipt of a request for a copy of the agreement requested under s77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act. To date they have not responded therefore my request is outstanding, which makes your threat inappropriate and tantamount to harrassment.
                    Furthermore, as I am seriously ill and disabled, I am unable to cope with either doorstep visits or telephone harrassment, therefore please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing.
                    I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me over the past few weeks and these have been duly logged by time and date. I have sought advice on this and remind you that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you for the reasons stated.
                    As I'm sure you are aware, there is an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

I therefore suggest that you refer back to your clients who should ensure that the account is put on hold until they are able to supply the requested documentation, and supply confirmation that all further communication will be in writing only.

Yours faithfully,
                    Again, no proper signature. If you used a digital font for the CCA Request, use the same one.
                    Send by recorded if you can.

Elsa x

Comment

Its so annoying because with capital one we had a ppi even though he was self employed, we had to fight to get them to pay out when he first became ill then I specifically asked if it was still worth paying as he had been diagnosed but did not know if he would return to work. They said yes, 2 years later they declined to pay as it was the same illness, they reduced balance by £158 for the monthly ppi, which we have not seen as we havent had a statement since, only threats.
                      Last edited by joshing; 5 June 2013, 11:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                        Hi Jilly,
                        Because of your particular circumstances, I've amended the templates into one letter to include, illness, non receipt of CCA request and doorstep visit threat.
                        I would send them this:

Again, no proper signature. If you used a digital font for the CCA Request, use the same one.
                        Send by recorded if you can.

Elsa x

Thank you Elsa do you think it wise to include a copy of my partners dla letter with high care & mobilty entitlement?

Comment

Hi Jilly,
                          Not at this stage, what should happen is that Power2Contact will pass your letter on to their client and they will respond putting the account on hold. If they want info on the health aspect they'll ask for it but until they produce an agreement there's no point getting involved in anything else. Let's save the big guns till we need them

Comment

Does anyone know if there is any chance of us getting a new bank account opened? we have heard that as we have a debt with lloyds they may get "awkward" to say the least and as we both have accounts with them we are thinking perhaps we might need a new one. I have had a look at the new post office accounts but they all credit check so im thinking we have no chance.

Comment

You can get a new basic account with most banks, no matter how bad your debts are as basic accounts are not credit checked apart from for ID verification/money laundering checks.

But ALWAYS avoid a bank you have debts with. Otherwise they can raid your account to pay debts you have with them.

Can you re-list who you have debts with so we can perhaps suggest where to go?
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

i would try the co-op cashminder account, you can open one over the phone, you can have direct debits and a debit card but no overdraft or cheque book. This account is designed for peeps like all of us who have less than perfect credit records (and don't give a toss)

if you have debt with the bank where your current account or savings are, get it moved out pronto, they can "offset" and do

Comment

Working...
                                X