GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HELP! disabled with so much debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! disabled with so much debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP! disabled with so much debt

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
    You can get a new basic account with most banks, no matter how bad your debts are as basic accounts are not credit checked apart from for ID verification/money laundering checks.

But ALWAYS avoid a bank you have debts with. Otherwise they can raid your account to pay debts you have with them.

Can you re-list who you have debts with so we can perhaps suggest where to go?

Yes sure, here goes..... capital one...( partner)
    vanquish (partner)
    lloydscredit card x 2 partner was paying a agreed payment £30month & myself-gone to apex
    old morgan stanley myself gone to apex
    marks & spencers store card up to date
    simply be couple of months behind
    littelwoods-additions agreed monthly payment up to date.

Comment

ok the co-op cashminder will be fine, not connected to any of those

Comment

Just about any bank other than HaemorrLloyds would do, as most of the other alleged debts are not with banks. Co-op Cashminder is as good as any, though.

SH

EDIT : I posted this with a cell phone while I was on a train, and I've just realised it could be misleading. What I should have said was that any bank other than one in the HaemorrLloyds group would do. That means you also need to avoid Hellifax, Bank of Scroatland and Painsbury's.

Co-op Cashminder is a basic account which will give you everything you need except a cheque book. I've had that one since 2007 and not had a problem with it. Yorkshire Bank is another one which is fully featured, and worth considering.
        Last edited by ScabHunter; 9 June 2013, 09:40. Reason: Clear up misunderstanding

Comment

Received this letter today from Apex re second account with National australia group.... who the hell are they? dont quite know what this is but reference coincides. Do I stop direct debits for these? or will they not try to take?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by joshing; 10 June 2013, 19:08.

Comment

looks like this debt has been sold at some point to the national Australia Group so technically they should be holding your paperwork so Apex will need to ask for it, which they appear to have done.

I thought you were stopping payment on these?

Comment

Originally posted by jillyiant View Post
              Do I stop direct debits for these? or will they not try to take?
              Never mind direct debits. If this is a Lloyds account you need to get all of your money out and get it closed, now. Get a new basic account opened as quickly as you can. You've got plenty of banks to choose from, as most of your alleged debts are not with High Street banks.

Safeguarding your income is the top priority. Get that done before you even think about anything else.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                looks like this debt has been sold at some point to the national Australia Group so technically they should be holding your paperwork so Apex will need to ask for it, which they appear to have done.

I thought you were stopping payment on these?
                They haven't been paid but I looked & direct debits haven't been completely cancelled only for last payment, due again in next few days. I will cancel again.

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                  Never mind direct debits. If this is a Lloyds account you need to get all of your money out and get it closed, now. Get a new basic account opened as quickly as you can. You've got plenty of banks to choose from, as most of your alleged debts are not with High Street banks.

Safeguarding your income is the top priority. Get that done before you even think about anything else.

SH
                  There is no money in there so they won't get none. Will be opening account on Wednesday with coop hopefully if they will have us.

Comment

There is no money in there so they won't get none. Will be opening account on Wednesday with coop hopefully if they will have us.
                    Good. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

SH

Comment

Well time has gone so fast and we have heard nothing from vanquis or capital one , impact or cougar regarding cca's, do I have to do anything? or just wait. Another strange thing happened this morning... in the post I got an application for a capital one card in my name, surely they must cross reference addresses and realise my partner has one his not paying?

Comment

Another strange thing happened this morning... in the post I got an application for a capital one card in my name, surely they must cross reference addresses and realise my partner has one his not paying?
                        Just automation here Jill.
                        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well time has gone so fast and we have heard nothing from vanquis or capital one , impact or cougar regarding cca's, do I have to do anything? or just wait. Another strange thing happened this morning... in the post I got an application for a capital one card in my name, surely they must cross reference addresses and realise my partner has one his not paying?
                          Originally posted by missy View Post
                          Just automation here Jill.

did you apply?
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                            did you apply?

No, but its say thanks for applying, unfortuantely we made an error & dont have all the information we need.... think computer would say NO!! once they had.

Comment

No, but its say thanks for applying, unfortuantely we made an error & dont have all the information we need.... think computer would say NO!! once they had.
                              Wouldn't worry about it Jill - most sub-prime lenders seem to send these types of letters to anyone with a letterbox.
                              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Well I spoke to soon... It arrived this morning from a different company AGAIN this time credit solutions?
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	img039.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	1394494

Comment

Working...
                                X