GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HELP! disabled with so much debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! disabled with so much debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HELP! disabled with so much debt

Send the Threat of doorstep visit Omit the first sentence if they haven't been phoning you.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      That's a bog standard letter from Bryan Carters. I've had identical letters (apart from amounts etc) from them. I would send Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation
      I am a little worried about this one as Niddy says its enforcible!!!! especially as it states if you dispute liability for this debt then provide reasons why..... dont suppose i could write back saying I just cant afford to pay it. nah thats a bit rude.

Comment

I've been blagging some enforceable debts for 3 years...

It's up to you what you do at the end of the day.

If you send the template I suggested that gives the reasons you're disputing liability
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by jillyiant View Post
          Originally Posted by jillyiant
          Type of account (credit card/loan) CAPITAL ONE CARD
          Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) 08/01/04

Approx balance £2144

Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment ) 27/03/13

Are you on arrangement or not paying NOT PAYING

Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) DEFAULT

Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) FREDRICKSON INTERNATIONAL

Finally able to start these diaries, going to take me a while but doing it in order of what I think are the biggest threat. Niddy said this one was enforcible so need to know what to do next on this one.

1/5/13 Notice of sum arrears
          5/5/13 statement of default
          14/5/13 letter from cougar
          21/5/13 cca requested
          22/5/13 cougar letter time to pay?
          29/5/13 power to contact letter home visit
          5/6/13 doorstep letter sent
          12/6/13 credit solutions? reply to doorstep letter account held 21 days
          1/7/13 cougar final warning letter
          22/8/13 cca received
          22/8/13 sent to niddy ...ENFORCIBLE
          3/9/13 letter from cap one passing to fredrickson
          10/9/13 letter from fredrickson pay now
          4/9/13 missing prescribed terms letter sent to fredricksons
          25/09/13 letter received from fredrickson ..letter before action (is being considered) as an after thought on the letter.

Received this letter from freds today.[ATTACH=CONFIG]10233[/ATTACH]

Any advice on my next move please
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]10392[/ATTACH]This is the letter received from Bryan Carter ???? Do I make an offer
          Received this morning 14/11/13 from freds

Click image for larger version

Name:	fred 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	1398496

They just keep on coming, wish I could make them realise we just cannot afford to pay! even more so now we are in an adaoted property as the bills are a lot more. What can I do now please???

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Alternatively I'd look at requesting debt write off based on likelihood of gaining any success for recovery.

It's another alternative. Lenders must treat you differently as disabled; and rightly so. By that I mean once you notify them of your disability they are bound to treating your properly and that means not ringing 100's of times a day and not sending silly doorstep collectors. It is designed to not affect your existing condition.

Point here is, you might get a few letters but we can help you deal with those. For now I'd seriously consider cessation of ALL payments and look at requesting a debt write off. We can help with this, but you need to want it and want to cease payments. It must be your decision what path you choose but seriously you're throwing money away paying into an endless pit. Why bother?

They can't touch you if you have no realisable assets

I think we are getting to this stage now when we have to inform them of our position as the calls are coming again many a day and the letters are starting to GET ON MY NERVES!

Comment

Jilly, I think you first need to do a new Income & Expenses sheet to reflect your current position.
              Looking at the last one from May, I notice you have £43.37 pm listed for TV Licence/Rental. Is that correct?
              Also I can't see an entry for rent/council tax...are they completely covered by Housing Benefit? If I were you I'd generally tidy the I&E up..avoid putting round figures such as £100 for things such as travel costs. Gas & Electric put your actual monthly payment etc.
              Once that's done we can sort you a letter out to go with it xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                Jilly, I think you first need to do a new Income & Expenses sheet to reflect your current position.
                Looking at the last one from May, I notice you have £43.37 pm listed for TV Licence/Rental. Is that correct?
                Also I can't see an entry for rent/council tax...are they completely covered by Housing Benefit? If I were you I'd generally tidy the I&E up..avoid putting round figures such as £100 for things such as travel costs. Gas & Electric put your actual monthly payment etc.
                Once that's done we can sort you a letter out to go with it xxx
                Ok thank you Elsa I will get right on it, I think I just done it real quick last time and put down the telephone internet and tv suscription to virgin media together, it is quite high as thats all my partner has to do is watch tv, it keeps him busy. Can you give me the link again to the expenses sheet please.

Just found it.... do i do it in both names? or just his

Comment

Hi Jilly..do it in both names and email me a copy for checking xx

http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk/moneyadvice/quickfs.asp

Comment

Note to self lol All done and sent to Elsa awaiting advice.

Comment

Received OK..just pm'd a query :-)

Comment

Tomorrow I'll read back through your thread/emails and put a letter together taking your very severe and unusual health issues into account, then run it by Niddy. So you can relax tonight honey, nothing's going to happen.

Comment

Thanks for sorting this Elsa
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                            Tomorrow I'll read back through your thread/emails and put a letter together taking your very severe and unusual health issues into account, then run it by Niddy. So you can relax tonight honey, nothing's going to happen.
                            Many thanks think I need to let all of them know now that its a case of us not being able to pay not just not wanting too! My partners health is all I worry about so its down to me to try sort it all out rather than him be worried about it adding to his problems.

Comment

It's a pleasure

Comment

Originally posted by jillyiant View Post
                                I think we are getting to this stage now when we have to inform them of our position as the calls are coming again many a day and the letters are starting to GET ON MY NERVES!
                                Hi Jillyiant

I know its easier said than done but try not to let the letters and calls get on your nerves. They are designed to do exactly that, to harass you and get you to a state of stress where you may make a decision you wouldn't in normal circumstances (e.g. you pay them a sum of money which means you cannot afford to pay the heating).

In fact, if they are calling you continually, and you have asked them not to a recent court of appeal judgement has made it clear that creditors have no legal right to continually telephone debtors.

What you should do is start taking down records of the phone calls to prove a conduct of harassment. If you're able to record any conversation (with your mobile phone for example), then this is even better so you can get a transcript of the calls. You may then be able to turn the tables on them.

Remember - YOU are in control, NOT them. They are not worth letting them affect your health.

Best
                                SnV
                                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Working...
                                X